Celebrity Deathlist 2021
JohnCoffey wrote:
Johnny Briggs aka Mike Baldwin.

His middle daughter was a very nice person the few times I met her, but he was an arrogant odious little tit.

“Do you know who I am?”

“No, should I?”
DavPaz wrote:
Ian St John from Saint and Greavsie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56250355

It’s a funny old game
Wait, that was “Grievsie”
LG Petrov vocalist of Entombed. 49. Bile duct cancer. Legend.
Shit, I saw Entombed at Ozzfest in Milton Keynes, back in 98. They were really good.
Squirt wrote:
Shit, I saw Entombed at Ozzfest in Milton Keynes, back in 98. They were really good.

I was there too. People were pissed that Korn didn't show, IIRC.
I was also there! Korn didn't show, Therapy? did their slot. I remember being excited for Slayer and then disappointed that there was something up with the sound of their set, which wasn't great. Can't remember why now.
I thought Korn (and Limp Bizkit) both pulled out ahead of time?

I was at the 2001 lineup. It was great!
Grim... wrote:
I was also there! Korn didn't show, Therapy? did their slot. I remember being excited for Slayer and then disappointed that there was something up with the sound of their set, which wasn't great. Can't remember why now.

Too gosh darn loud
I did 1997 too, where Marilyn Manson stormed off stage in a hail of piss bottles.
Good times.
myp wrote:

Korn did pull out beforehand, but no social media back in those days, so few people knew until they got their I expect. I certainly didn't, nor did anyone else in the crowd around me.
Trooper wrote:
myp wrote:

Korn did pull out beforehand, but no social media back in those days, so few people knew until they got their I expect. I certainly didn't, nor did anyone else in the crowd around me.

NME reported on it a whole month beforehand according to this https://www.nme.com/news/music/korn-77-1389228

It certainly squares up with what I remember happening. It wasn’t a surprise on the day, although it must have been very annoying for those who bought tickets 9 months or so before.
Alan Cartwright, former bassist with Procol Harum.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Johnny Briggs aka Mike Baldwin.

His middle daughter was a very nice person the few times I met her, but he was an arrogant odious little tit.

“Do you know who I am?”

“No, should I?”

"Someone call the men in white coats, we've got a man who doesn't know who he is"
zaphod79 wrote:

No, no, no, no, no, that's a shame.
Dimril scores a point!
"And he's off!"
Grim... wrote:
Dimril scores a point!

He's running away with it this year!
Apparently Marvin Hagler has been knocked out
DavPaz wrote:
Apparently Marvin Hagler has been knocked out

Oh! I saw a tweet talking about Alan Minter, and was confused when I found he died last year. But it was referring to Hagler, his opponent. Coincidence that they died only 6 and a bit months apart?!

(Yes.)
:( Not many of the Nostromo crew left now!
GazChap wrote:

Have you noticed they're dying in real life in the same order as they died in the (director's cut of the) movie?
Grim... wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Have you noticed they're dying in real life in the same order as they died in the (director's cut of the) movie?

I assume your brackets means that Tom Skeritt doesn't matter?
Malc wrote:
Grim... wrote:
GazChap wrote:

I assume your brackets means that Tom Skeritt doesn't matter?

Ignore me, he's in the alien goo stuff in the directors cut:
Grim... wrote:
GazChap wrote:

I hadn’t, no. That’s a bit odd, innit?

Although I assume Jonesy died a long time ago ;)
https://twitter.com/planet_f1/status/13 ... 2935588867

H/T Curio
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Yeah, and the voice of mother, and the Alien. But the crew is still following the script.
Fucking hell

Sabine Schmitz
Yeah just read that myself, only 51 too.
Grim... wrote:
Yeah, and the voice of mother, and the Alien. But the crew is still following the script.

I feel like I should know who the voice of Mother was. (don't like the way everything these days calls it MU-TH-UR either)

*looks up*

Helen Horton. Never heard of her before and will probably forget her again forthwith ;)
Grim... wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Attachment:
Mother.jpg
devilman wrote:

Ah man, that's a real shame.
TheVision wrote:
devilman wrote:

It is. He was great in Not Offence and Vera.
Warhead wrote:
TheVision wrote:
devilman wrote:

It is. He was great in Not Offence and Vera.

And Friday Night Dinner and Chernobyl. A real loss.
Surely everyone had Prince Phillip on their list?
And BBC news has taken over Radio 1 and all other channels.
Taken in his prime.
My brother met him once. He was really horrible. My brother reached out to shake his hand and he said "Don't touch me, don't stand anywhere near me".

My brother is a teacher at a college that teaches carpentry etc. He was at Epsom at the time.
Page 2 of 6 [ 288 posts ]