Celebrity Deathlist 2021
We still get our bank holiday, right?
You misunderstand. She's fine, the medical advice was "Northern Irish people have cooties"
She saw the mess President Higgins got into when he made his excuses to miss the NI centennial service so took the easier route.
DavPaz wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58979992

Stand fast, Liz!

Out of hospital after an overnight stay.
Mort Sahl

One of those figures who I've heard a lot about, often in the context of "inspired by" or in retrospectives of decades of comedy, but don't recall ever actually hearing his original work.
Shame... I only really knew him from Quantum Leap (as I imagine a lot of people did) but he was fantastic.
That's sad. He was definitely the best part of Quantum Leap. Without Al, it would've been very preachy and po-faced. I remember that even though the finale was disappointing from a Sam perspective, at least Al got his happy ending. With Terry Farrell! Lucky sod.
DavPaz wrote:
I remember that even though the finale was disappointing from a Sam perspective.

At first I read this and thought you were disappointed in the ending but after reading it again, it makes sense.

You weren't disappointed, were you?!?
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
I remember that even though the finale was disappointing from a Sam perspective.

At first I read this and thought you were disappointed in the ending but after reading it again, it makes sense.

You weren't disappointed, were you?!?

I think I was at the time. I wanted Sam to get home :(
TheVision wrote:
Shame... I only really knew him from Quantum Leap (as I imagine a lot of people did) but he was fantastic.

Then you need to watch Battlestar Galactica.
Grim... wrote:
TheVision wrote:

You're probably right... and it's available on a certain most excellent streaming service too!
iPlayer too, oddly.
Sad to hear about Dean Stockwell, though he had a good innings. He's in one of my favourite movies, 'Paris, Texas' where he plays brother to Harry Dean Stanton's troubled amnesiac. Beautiful film. He's pretty cool in the various Lynch movies he was cast in too. Quantum Leap for me was part of that sacred Fresh Prince-Star Trek TNG-Quantum Leap tripple billing they used to have on BBC2 on Tuesdays in my highschool years. And yes, very much enjoyed him in BSG, where he looked like he was having a lot of fun.

Paris, Texas

One of the most beautifully shot and paced movies I've ever seen. Gorgeous soundtrack too.bless you Harry and Dean.
Grim... wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Indeed. He was superb in that, and very sinister at times.

and of course, Dr Yueh.
Sir Frank Williams: Formula 1 team founder dies aged 79 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59453378
Anne Rice - Author of Interview with the Vampire and loads of other books

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainmen ... 627125.amp
Richard Rogers goes from the Millennium Dome to the Celestial Dome.
Another one on the list of people I thought has died years ago.
Janice Long age 66, best known as a presenter on BBC Radio 1, Radio 2 and Top of the Pops, has died aged 66 after a short illness at home on Christmas Day with her family, her agent has confirmed.
Madden 21: Definitive Edition.

Might pick it up so I can once again be utterly perplexed at what the fuck is going on.
Truly, the end times are here
zaphod79 wrote:

Firmly in the “Was she still alive?” camp
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

Firmly in the “Was she still alive?” camp

Firmly in the 'Who the fuck is/was Betty White?" camp.
firmly in the "of course she was still alive and still being badass" camp :(
Page 6 of 6 [ 288 posts ]