BeeX Virtual Meet & Quiz
We've got eight rounds ready to go, although they are more your standard quiz style (I suppose you'd call it that) rather than madcap rounds that challenge the very breadth of KovacsC's Excel intellect ;)
GazChap wrote:
We've got eight rounds ready to go, although they are more your standard quiz style (I suppose you'd call it that) rather than madcap rounds that challenge the very breadth of KovacsC's Excel intellect ;)

yes... :)
Our punchmans class is starting up again this evening and will be running from 7pm to 7.45pm - which means that by the time we get home and get the kids into bed, we may be running a little late, no more than 5-10 minutes.
Oddly enough, I have a couple of rounds as well. All PowerPointed up. I think I've got the hang of sharing my screen as well now as I've been setting up a meeting with me and myself on two devices, which probably means it'll fail at the first hurdle if I try it tonight.
Warhead wrote:
Oddly enough, I have a couple of rounds as well. All PowerPointed up. I think I've got the hang of sharing my screen as well now as I've been setting up a meeting with me and myself on two devices, which probably means it'll fail at the first hurdle if I try it tonight.

We can talk you through it! :)
Details posted!
See you all later.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Warhead wrote:

It's Zoom, you see. I hadn't had any need to learn how to use it, other than as an audience member, until I wanted to do a couple of rounds on the Beex quizs. I used to be OK with WebEx, but that is SO passe.
Warhead wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Warhead wrote:

It's Zoom, you see. I hadn't had any need to learn how to use it, other than as an audience member, until I wanted to do a couple of rounds on the Beex quizs. I used to be OK with WebEx, but that is SO passe.

Well if we can teach Kovacs Excel, you should be golden. :D
There in a few
I'm going to be late. Don't wait for me
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Warhead wrote:

Well if we can teach Kovacs Excel, you should be golden. :D

Oi :p
Great fun last night, and thanks to Gaz and Jem for the quiz!

So glad we've finally proved that Cowboy Town is real!
I have to admit, i really look forward to seeing all your faces on a Tuesday.
This will have to do for now.

Attachment:
16014684160765262583669361015544.jpg
I am writing a round at the moment, and twice I have written a question, moved on to the next slide deleted the text there, and written another question. Only I didn't move on to the next question, I overwrote the previous question, and let me tell you power point only has so many levels of undo (and each key stroke seems to be one level!)

I think I may stop now before I throw my laptop out of the window.

I think it's more likely this will be ready for next week (if that's okay with everyone), but I do have one or two stand alone rounds for this week if needed.
Details up where they normally are!

Giphy "tonight!":
https://media4.giphy.com/media/9AFs1aHPfkq3K/giphy-loop.mp4
That reminds me.. Sorry, but I may not be able to make tonight.
TheVision wrote:
That reminds me.. Sorry, but I may not be able to make tonight.

Not good enough. See me!
Looks like I'm not quizzing tonight either. Sorry folks.
You'll be pleased to know that I won the background competition in our directorate's fortnightly call. No people-pleasing puppies for me - I used a stunning view of a valley near Kinder Scout.

Giphy "winner!":
https://media4.giphy.com/media/l44Q6Etd5kdSGttXa/giphy-loop.mp4
Good work! What were the other contenders?
Puppies, sourdough, and a stepladder. Not in the same image, obv.
That photo of Lizzy T, though, woah.
I have pretty much finished my quiz (6 rounds with a few bonus bits) and am happy to do a complete quiz on Tuesday if that's what everyone wants ( I would like Kov to do the scoring still if that's okay, not because of any trickery, just because I kept on forgetting last time) If people'd prefer that everyone did their own rounds I can have one of them ready too.
I have an idea for a round but not done anything about it yet. I have no objections to doing a full Malc quiz.
I have a round, but it can wait. Malc and Kov, Malc and Kov!
All aboard the Malc and Kov train. It's Pointless, but more so!
I may collapse with apoplexy just trying to follow Malc's scoring methods in more than one round each week. I'm certain that scored myself down a couple of weeks ago.

I need to take a screenshot when he shows them or I might as well just say "Zero" and sit back watching everyone else going into meltdown.
Details up.

Feel free to wear a hat in honour of RevOwen.
*such* a good password. Love it.
Raising a toast to Rev. Owen. :hat:
Looks like a virtual day out from a care home.
Warhead wrote:
Looks like a virtual day out from a care home.

With MaliA obviously just there to make up the numbers. Till he takes that hat off.
Malc. Thanks for the quiz.

Was very interesting and confusing. Who knew there was so many cats. :)
Thanks for that Malc.
Thanks all, it was a great night. Looks like someone had a party in our living room though. :D
Enjoyed it last night, thanks. And I like the screengrab!
We also learned Mali can't be left unsupervised :)
Thanks guys, sorry we won't on so late, I think that was 20% starting late, and 80% too many questions.

Next one will be much more "traditional"
Thanks for the quiz Malc, and sorry I bombed out early. I was so knackered yesterday (rough day) that I was falling asleep at the desk :S Was not a reflection on the quiz at all - particularly liked Cats and Cities :DD
We considered joining this week but Sal is more often than not too tired and I don’t have it in me to do two quizzes a week (we do one with my parents on a Thursday). Plus the ones we did finished too late.

I would like to see some of your faces though. Is there any appetite for an additional shorter, non-quiz-based call on, say, a Friday at 7pm (as an example time)? Like an hour max but just for chit-chat.
I'd be game for that. :luv:
Just the two of you then. That'll be cosy.
I'm certainly up for it in principle.
I would be up for that.
If we don't want a quiz, we could play I Spy
So everyone’s happy with the day and time? If so I’ll book something in for tomorrow evening.
Page 15 of 35 [ 1705 posts ]