Seeing quarantine as an opportunity
Reply
So I’m stuck at home for god knows how long. I’m taking this opportunity to learn how to code using http://www.freecodecamp.org.

I’m going to use this knowledge to build a simple website for my freelance editing and proofreading business.

Once I’ve done this I will try to grow that business because I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go back to working outdoors for the foreseeable future.

I’m also going to keep working at web development and hopefully gain the knowledge and skills to be able to pivot into that as a vocation one day.

What are you guys doing or planning to do that you never thought you’d have time for?
Good plan.

I haven't sewn anything (other than fixing my backpack strap) for well over a year now, time to finish that linen jacket for the summer! :D
I'm trying to use the commute time that I am no longer doing to either fix up all the small things in the house that need doing, or put some extra time into my (very badly neglected ) banjo playing.
Gaz and I should probably use the opportunity to work on the taekwon-do related project we thought up, although motivation is lacking somewhat at the minute :S
"Hey Gaz, come over here, I want to hit you."

"Is this a taekwon-do thing?"

".......sure!"
We're doing the morning workout with Joe Wicks on YouTube... Day one and it's almost killed me but I can see myself feeling better for it.

Other than that, I've got the girls off school so doing anything that I want to do is a stretch. I've still got work to do but that's slowed right down.
Great idea!

I plan to learn how to maintain and fix my bicycle. I'm utterly useless at that sort of thing.
Findus Fop wrote:
Great idea!

I plan to learn how to maintain and fix my bicycle. I'm utterly useless at that sort of thing.


Pedals screw in backwards....
Only on the left.
I am using the opportunity to decorate.

also hit the indoor training on the bike...
markg wrote:
Only on the left.

Yeah, that's the crip side
krazywookie wrote:
markg wrote:
Only on the left.

Yeah, that's the crip side


Is the other one the blood side?

Eastside, represent! (I have no idea which side is which, 50/50 guess)
flis wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
markg wrote:
Only on the left.

Yeah, that's the crip side


Is the other one the blood side?

Eastside, represent! (I have no idea which side is which, 50/50 guess)

Further to this:

Threaded parts adhere to this super simple, easy to remember rule:

Lefty loosy
Righty tighty
Only when viewed from the side of the live part and using the top of the part as a reference.
Left hand pedal righty loosy, lefty tighty.
Right hand pedal righty tighty, lefty loosy.
Left hand bottom bracket shell loosy lefty, tighty righty
Right hand bottom bracket shell clockwisey loosy, counterclockwisey firmy.
And the writing in the tyre side wall should line up with the valve UNLESS IT LOOKS BETTER SOMEWHERE ELSE, in which case aesthetics takes precedence.

Simple
I EXTREME cleaned Mrs Zs RAV4. Back seats were removed from moving furniture so while it was empty I cleaned it all out including removal of DVD based satnav system under passenger seat, and factory fitted nokia phone holder on centre console. Even cleaned top of the engine bay including a respray of the tatty bolts holding down the intercooler cover. Washed and spray waxed the outside and did the tyre dressing too, looks good!

Painting miniatures.

Going to prep some silk screens too.
Yesterday, I finally got around to fitting new handles on an old chest of drawers. Then I went full-on Martin Bryce, and sorted all our little "button"-type batteries into compartments of a little plastic box.

Then I did this, which is another reason why I'm going to hell.
It's certainly going to be easier to cut back on the booze.
I've been meaning to set up a veggie patch, so that's something to aim for, as well as some general DIY.
Day two of doing the morning workout with Joe Wick.

I feel so much better for it.
TheVision wrote:
Day two of doing the morning workout with Joe Wick.

I feel so much better for it.

He's a prick and my knees hurt
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Day two of doing the morning workout with Joe Wick.

I feel so much better for it.

He's a prick and my knees hurt


I knew nothing about the guy until yesterday but yes, my knees also hurt.

I do feel much better for doing the workout although, I might think differently by the end of the week.
Day three of PE with Joe Wick... I can barely type this.

Good grief I'm unfit.
Same. You know on Aerobics Oz Style that used to be on in the late 90s, there'd be one spod who was doing the 'easy' version? I am that spod.
I didn't know they did aerobics on aerobics Oz style?
BikNorton wrote:
It's certainly going to be easier to cut back on the booze.


God no. I am drinking more!
I don't have any in... I normally buy the Erdinger, but I am not paying amazon prices
Curiosity wrote:
BikNorton wrote:
It's certainly going to be easier to cut back on the booze.


God no. I am drinking more!

Since I've been feeling under the weather (no Corona, just normal seasonal sniffles and allergies) I haven't had a drink since Sunday. Don't really fancy it at the mo
I haven’t had a drink in four months.
Mr Chonks wrote:
I haven’t had a drink in four months.

You must be thirsty.

( Couldn't resist)
I'm still going in to work as I'm listed as essential by the council, but I'm expecting to be redeployed next week or the one following that. Probably I'll end up wandering Cardiff making sure all the pubs and cafes are locked up and everything.

One pleasant side effect is that as since over a week ago I've been walking the three and a half miles to work and the three and a half miles back instead of catching the bus, I've been losing a bit of weight. Doing weekly planned food shops seems to be helping my diet a little too.

I think I'll continue the walk to work when the emergency's over!
KovacsC wrote:
I don't have any in... I normally buy the Erdinger, but I am not paying amazon prices

Did you finish all the stuff in the fridge next to your bike?
Joans wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I don't have any in... I normally buy the Erdinger, but I am not paying amazon prices

Did you finish all the stuff in the fridge next to your bike?


I actually forgot about that..
KovacsC wrote:
Joans wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I don't have any in... I normally buy the Erdinger, but I am not paying amazon prices

Did you finish all the stuff in the fridge next to your bike?


I actually forgot about that..


You're welcome. :p
Joans wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Joans wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I don't have any in... I normally buy the Erdinger, but I am not paying amazon prices

Did you finish all the stuff in the fridge next to your bike?


I actually forgot about that..


You're welcome. :p


I know what I am doing tonight :)
Grim... wrote:
Wanking?

With beer!
Day 4 with Joe Wick... done.

Not quite dead yet but I feel like I’m well on the way.
Fuck those Sumo Squats.
Sumo squats are good for your glutes. You'll have a nice round bum in no time.
My bum is round enough, ta
DavPaz wrote:
My bum has been around enough, ta


FEEX
I wasn't judging the existing roundness of anyone's bottom :D
Do we need pics of before and after beex bums?
markg wrote:
No.

meanie
markg wrote:
No.

:this:
Just editing my 'during' movie.
KovacsC wrote:
Do we need pics of before and after beex bums?

Most of you already know what mine looks like :DD
Jem wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Do we need pics of before and after beex bums?

Most of you already know what mine looks like :DD


and mine :) :DD
http://www.matthewcoleman.uk

Serious critique from professionals only please
Mr Chonks wrote:
http://www.matthewcoleman.uk

Always use suitable names to avoid confusion for future you.

I'm particularly looking at

"Handsome-fella.jpg"

I suggest "Budget-Gerry-Adams.jpg"
Page 1 of 3 [ 133 posts ]