Seeing quarantine as an opportunity
This is tempting fate but I've still never crashed a car new enough to have an airbag go off on me.
Finally emptied the last box from when we moved two and a half years ago.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

yay!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Nice work! I should probably finish unpacking too at some point :S (I brought a box with us that had been packed up since I moved prior to that, 7~ years earlier :DD )
Jem wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Nice work! I should probably finish unpacking too at some point :S (I brought a box with us that had been packed up since I moved prior to that, 7~ years earlier :DD )

Oooh, it will be like a time capsule!! :D
We moved 2.5 years ago and probably unpacked the last box 1.5 years ago. However, since then we’ve had far too much stuff and not enough storage space.
My spare room was literally floor to ceiling of boxes, and now it is clear and my study.
I've always just moved stuff around as I moved house, but this time I was utterly ruthless. Open up a box, have a quick scan through, if nothing jumped out at me as needing saving, the whole box went in the rubbish. Very cathartic, I can highly recommend it.

A year later and I haven't missed anything that was chucked out.
I opened all my moving boxes and put stuff away in it's right place on the day, because I'm not a goddamned animal.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Jem wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Oooh, it will be like a time capsule!! :D

Still got a few boxes in our spare room upstairs from when we moved in just under a decade ago.

So they can probably go into the bin, but right now bin space is actually more valuable than spare room space :D
Page 5 of 5 [ 209 posts ]