Seeing quarantine as an opportunity
Hey I did some perl back in the day!
s/perl/bullshit
Mr Chonks wrote:
For a start PHP stands for hypertext preprocessor, so that's throwing up red flags before I even begin.

Wrong! It stands for PHP Hypertext Preprocessor.
Cras wrote:
s/perl/bullshit

I love Perl (I’ve been paid actual money to write Perl!) but I cannot really defend it with any sort of rational argument.
GazChap wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
For a start PHP stands for hypertext preprocessor, so that's throwing up red flags before I even begin.

What does the PHP in PHP Hypertext Preprocessor stand for?
My language of choice for each problem is very much defined by the first google result I get that makes any sense.
Trooper wrote:
My language of choice for each problem is very much defined by the first google result I get that makes any sense.

Coding in general does seem to be very heavily google-based in my experience so far.

Sorry for lifting the curtain
Mr Chonks wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

PHP Hypertext Preprocessor
"I would look it up on Google" is one of my key answers to look for from a candidate at interview. Nobody needs to remember that nonsense
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

What does the PHP in PHP Hypertext Preprocessor Hypertext Preprocessor stand for?
Mr Chonks wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

What does the PHP in PHP Hypertext Preprocessor Hypertext Preprocessor stand for?

That PHP stands for Personal Home Page.
Squirt wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

That PHP stands for Personal Home Page.

Good to know
So fully expanded it's Personal Home Page Hypertext Preprocessor Hypertext Preprocessor?
DavPaz wrote:
So fully expanded it's Personal Home Page Hypertext Preprocessor Hypertext Preprocessor?

The P in Personal stands for Personal
Let's hope Myp never uses RPM to install WINE and then cURL something.

If you need JS help though, just give me a shout.
But... you won’t hear him.
Grim... wrote:
If you need JS help though, just give me a shout.

Thank you :luv:
If you need help with anything other than JS, just give me a shout.
If you ever need help separating boy fruit flies from girl fruit flies, let me know.
If you need help on how to do a french seam or a mitred corner, let me know.
Jem wrote:

Can you get me some shopping?
Trooper wrote:

Sal might!
Jem wrote:

Thank you :luv:
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:

Can you get me some shopping?

Give me your card details, I'll see what I can do ;)
Trooper wrote:

I'm good, ta.
Cras wrote:
"I would look it up on Google" is one of my key answers to look for from a candidate at interview. Nobody needs to remember that nonsense

Do they get the job if they use Bing?
"I tried to write the code, but I got the syntax wrong, then I got a stack overflow and a kernel panic and it won't work!"
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Cras wrote:

Do they get the job if they use Bing?

It's never come up
MaliA wrote:
If you ever need help separating boy fruit flies from girl fruit flies, let me know.

I believe it's technically fly tipping.
Giphy "aw yeah":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/cCduJAH09fx6M/giphy-loop.mp4
How did that one become a beme?
DavPaz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
BikNorton wrote:
It's certainly going to be easier to cut back on the booze.

God no. I am drinking more!

Since I've been feeling under the weather (no Corona, just normal seasonal sniffles and allergies) I haven't had a drink since Sunday. Don't really fancy it at the mo

I really fancy it. The world is a tedious shit! But I am drinking an awful lot less regardless.
The guy a couple of doors down from me has seen this as an opportunity to get some DIY done, and is currently building some multi-level extension to his shed. It's gonna be pretty significant, I think, as he's been lumping some pretty chunky RSJs about over the weekend. He also doesn't appear to have gotten any type of planning permission, so I imagine he'll be told to take it all down as soon as the planning department are pack in business.
Is it taller than 2.5 m?
Looks like it will be when all done - early stages so not sure, but it looks like it's going to be 2 stories.
2 stories, neither with a happy ending
I don't think it continues to be a 'shed' once it reaches two stories
MaliA wrote:

If they had a design to fold something that looks like Boris, they could entitle it “fold your own twat.”
*buries head in cushion*
I bought a Steam Link in 2018 for £1.90.

So far during the lockdown, it's been a brilliant investment as it means we can use the PC in my Command Centre on my living room TV so we can join in with zoom conversations and Facebook groups. Very good.

I've been exercising loads during the lockdown and part of it is down to the £1.90 I spent two years ago. Who would have thought?
Wait - did you plug a webcam into the Steam Link? Does that work?
Nope, it doesn't work unfortunately. You just have to be a bit creative with your USB extension leads.
Loosely related, is there an effective way of zooming using one's PS4 and PS4 camera? Guess the microphone would be an issue if you're a couple sat on the sofa.
Findus Fop wrote:
Loosely related, is there an effective way of zooming using one's PS4 and PS4 camera? Guess the microphone would be an issue if you're a couple sat on the sofa.

The bigger issue is that the software doesn't exist. There's no Zoom app for the PS4 and Skype was pulled, probably after MS bought it.
Bamba wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

The bigger issue is that the software doesn't exist. There's no Zoom app for the PS4 and Skype was pulled, probably after MS bought it.

Ah, that would also be a spanner in the works.
I have been using the time to get better at the ice cream makings...

Two examples:

Attachment:
20200502_183830.jpg

Attachment:
20200420_124240.jpg

It's been going well.
Post some down plz
They look amazing, Mr Dave!!
Ooh, what flavours are they? They look lovely. :)
Page 3 of 5 [ 209 posts ]