Coronavirus
Zardoz wrote:
Just grabbed a load of BBQ baked beans and about 2kg of pasta someone had put in a Morrisons food bank trolly!

devilman wrote:
Royal Mail are certainly taking no chances with their parcel delivery: Postie has to place the parcel on the ground for me to pick up. He then has to sign for it himself and add CV19 after the surname.

I did already mention this.
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Just grabbed a load of BBQ baked beans and about 2kg of pasta someone had put in a Morrisons food bank trolly!

MaliA wrote:
We bought someof the last remaining BBQ baked beans from morrisoms and along with about 2kg of pasta dumped it in the food bank trolley.
Mr Chonks wrote:
devilman wrote:
Royal Mail are certainly taking no chances with their parcel delivery: Postie has to place the parcel on the ground for me to pick up. He then has to sign for it himself and add CV19 after the surname.

Where?
Jem wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

MaliA wrote:
We bought someof the last remaining BBQ baked beans from morrisoms and along with about 2kg of pasta dumped it in the food bank trolley.

Aha!
devilman wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
devilman wrote:

Where?

He did, in fact, not already mention this.

I could’ve swore I posted about it. It started on Saturday.
So signing for parcels is now 100% redundant. Good stuff, one step closer to killing signatures completely.
Cras wrote:
So signing for parcels is now 100% redundant. Good stuff, one step closer to killing signatures completely.

It won’t happen, because so much stuff will “go missing” while this policy is in place.
Better option would be to let the customer pick up the parcel and then take a photo of them holding it.
Cras wrote:
Better option would be to let the customer pick up the parcel and then take a photo of them holding it.

In catalogue style poses?
Also signatures are zero proof against it anyway. I've signed for hundreds of parcels. Not once has it been anything close to my actual signature
Cras wrote:

Perhaps.

DPD just dump parcels on our doorstep and leave. At least we’re still making sure the items are taken inside.
Cras wrote:
Also signatures are zero proof against it anyway. I've signed for hundreds of parcels. Not once has it been anything close to my actual signature

True. Some people put their initials. Some just an X. I sometimes use my left hand if I’m holding the door with my right. They are pretty pointless.
There should be an Amazon style lockbox on the corner of every street next to the phone cabinet.
Or an Amazon style lock box on the drive of every house.

Well, those that have drives. The rest can go to the corner of the street.
Cras wrote:
There should be an Amazon style lockbox on the corner of every street next to the phone cabinet.

We have an Amazon lockbox at the corner of our street (well, and slightly up the road), and that's great, except for the ~50% of stuff that inexplicably will not deliver to it.
I have an old couple who live in a flat on the ground floor of the building, and never seem to go anywhere. It's very convenient.
If you have the means, I highly recommend it.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:

We have an Amazon lockbox at the corner of our street (well, and slightly up the road), and that's great, except for the ~50% of stuff that inexplicably will not deliver to it.

I assume it depends on who the delivery company is.
What you need is someone on your street who works from home. That's what all my neighbours seem to think, anyway.
Jem wrote:
What you need is someone on your street who works from home. That's what all my neighbours seem to think, anyway.

I’m not even trying neighbours now. Straight back to the DO.
Less than useful when the delivery office is open from 1.11pm to 1.13pm but only under a gibbous moon when Jupiter is in Aquarius.
Cras wrote:
Less than useful when the delivery office is open from 1.11pm to 1.13pm but only under a gibbous moon when Jupiter is in Aquarius.

Mine is open until 7am to 8pm every Wednesday! Or ask for a redelivery on a day when you’re actually in.
Amazon dumped all ma's parcels on the doorstep.

I guess they've been instructed to do that.
My local area has had a run on meat products for some reason. 2 local co-ops and a large Morrison’s: Not a chicken breast in sight. The coops barely had a few slices of beef. I’m just flabbergasted at what appears to be going on. People be stupid or the supply chain is slowing down. Probably both.
No, people are just stupid.

Took me 3 hours to order mum's shopping as the site kept crashing and it's coming on the 3rd April.

Mine is coming mid next week and I ordered it last week.

Worrying about mum has caused and IBS flare and I'm running out of bog roll too.

Sake.
Amazon delivered my package to a neighbour, who has been away for 4 days :)
Well, no confirmed cases here as yet, so to keep it that way the Government are implementing the following from tomorrow night at 23:59:
TT is cancelled
Over 70s, pregnant woman, people with serious underlying health issues are advised to self isolate
Anyone coming to the island must quarantine themselves for 14 days or risk prosecution
If you have any symptoms, you must self isolate for 14 days
They are stepping up testing in the community

So far, schools are staying open and they haven't banned gatherings or limited the size of them. We'll see how it goes.
We’ve got a company meeting at 10am tomorrow. Home working, here we come.
We're 'business as usual' until the powers that be tell us differently.
Pundabaya wrote:
high temp: check
cough: check.

Bugger.
(I don't think its corona,as I feel alright and I'm developing a snotty nose, but better to be safe)

Take care, duder.
Satsuma wrote:
My local area has had a run on meat products for some reason. 2 local co-ops and a large Morrison’s: Not a chicken breast in sight. The coops barely had a few slices of beef. I’m just flabbergasted at what appears to be going on. People be stupid or the supply chain is slowing down. Probably both.

I think it's just pure panic buying and shops struggling to cope. The pattern in other countries has been that it subsided but that demand remains higher than usual, presumably because nobody is eating out anywhere at all.

https://www.ft.com/content/4ee1bef8-652 ... 4680ea68b5
Dimrill wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

Bugger.
(I don't think its corona,as I feel alright and I'm developing a snotty nose, but better to be safe)

Take care, duder.

Sorry I missed this, take care indeed! X
Pundabaya wrote:

Bugger.

Gagh, hope you're feeling better soon Pundy. All the best, bud. x
markg wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

I think it's just pure panic buying and shops struggling to cope. The pattern in other countries has been that it subsided but that demand remains higher than usual, presumably because nobody is eating out anywhere at all.

https://www.ft.com/content/4ee1bef8-652 ... 4680ea68b5

Anecdotally, Lady T in her shelf stacking exploits, indicates that where she is working the deliveries are increasing so it seems that right now the supply isn't so much the issue as the demand - people are panic buying and taking far more than they'd usually need (which then becomes kind of self-perpetuating as others see bare shelves and panic). In some cases they can barely get the stock onto the shelf fast enough, it's gone quickly.
Take care of yourself Pundy.

While you’re self isolating why not rewatch the new Star Wars film?
:)

Malaysia has shut their borders overnight, which is inevitably going to mean shortages here. The panic buying has restarted. I am aware the government has planned for this, but it’s hard not to be a bit concerned.
I'm more working from home for the foreseeable as of today. I have no serious supplies of food in, but I recently bought a shit ton of cat food so I definitely won't starve.
And your can wipe your arse on the cat!
The Grim... family is zero contact with the outside world from now until, well, until the NHS says "okay, it's safe to open the door".
Despite both being at “increased risk from severe illness” according to the government guidelines, neither Sal nor I have the luxury of being able to stay at home due to our jobs. :(
Mr Chonks wrote:
Despite both being at “increased risk from severe illness” according to the government guidelines, neither Sal nor I have the luxury of being able to stay at home due to our jobs. :(

Whilst it's serious to you, erectile dysfunction isn't a risk for this particular virus.
Dimrill wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Whilst it's serious to you, erectile dysfunction isn't a risk for this particular virus.

I’m glad the man who doesn’t ever leave his house finds my anxieties amusing.
I was referencing a cartoon I did of you over a decade ago, but okay.
Dimrill wrote:

Sorry, I forgot about that and my sense of humour has pretty much disappeared lately. I apologise.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

Sorry, I forgot about that and my sense of humour has pretty much disappeared lately. I apologise.

I just assume that your being sarcastic most of the time. For that, I apologise
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

No need for an apology; it’s a reasonable assumption.
Mr Chonks wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

No need for an apology; it’s a reasonable assumption.

Now, group hug! No, wait...
Satsuma wrote:

I went to Tesco last night and it looked like it had been raided. No meat, no veg (fresh, tinned or frozen - except tinned peas for some reason), very little fruit, no pasta/rice/potatoes. No meds, no baby milks, no nappies etc. I basically managed to buy some biscuits and easter eggs.

Very bloody glad of my little brexit dry store right now.
This is no time to get snotty with each other.
Mr Chonks wrote:

Why are you both at increased risk (if you don't mind me asking)? I mean, unless you both just look really, really good for your age.
Also, I'll taking a wander through the various small super markets around me at lunch time to see what the ravening hordes have left me. Priorities will be tinned shit, freezer stuff and beer. From what I've seen so far the smaller supermarkets seem to be doing a little better because all the hording fucking idiots are making beelines for the massive hyper markets as a priority so hopefully things won't be too bad. Failing that, once Mrs B's been officially told she's working from home she's basically going to move in with me to see out the end of days and I'm confident the contents of her freezer could feed most of the population for like a decade.
Page 6 of 48 [ 2357 posts ]