The Plug Thread
The mains event
I can hardly believe this thread didn't exist already.

I have a plug problem. I don't understand them. I know they come in a thousand different flavours, but I'll be damned if I know how to describe the. It's like describing to a hair dresser what you'd like them to do to your hair. The language is unknown to me.

Anyway, I have this laptop charger, and it's missing the lead that connects to the mains. Any idea what lead I should be looking for?

P. S. Feel free to share pics of your fave leads! This thread is for all plugs, apart from butt ones.
I think those are commonly known as a figure eight. They're pretty common, I'd be surprised if you don't already have one.
That looks like it just needs a "figure of 8" plug which apparently is a

UK Lead IEC C7 Plug

(but I've never heard it referred to as anything other than a figure of 8 except when I was much much younger and then it was a cassette plug in the same way the PC power supply one was a kettle plug)
Also sometimes known as a mini IEC (the regular being the kettle plug)
markg wrote:
I think those are commonly known as a figure eight. They're pretty common, I'd be surprised if you don't already have one.

:this:

Also, that laptop charger reminded me of this
Attachment:
taifu.jpg
Is that an original charger? I don't see many on figure-eights. They usually use the 3-pin clover leaf.
Quote:
This thread is for all plugs

Finally!

Quote:
apart from butt ones.

Aww.
Thanks all! Looks like IEC C7 is the thing.

It's not an original charger, I bought it as an additional one for my old HP Stream laptop (and my wife has nicked the original charger to use with her laptop).

Also, just realised how massive my images were, apologies for my enormous plucked chicken fingers.
Findus Fop wrote:
Thanks all! Looks like IEC C7 is the thing.

It's not an original charger, I bought it as an additional one for my old HP Stream laptop (and my wife has nicked the original charger to use with her laptop).

Also, just realised how massive my images were, apologies for my enormous plucked chicken fingers.

And purchased! Keep an eye on the "Things You've Bought" thread in the coming days for photographic updates.
Obligatory Tom Scott, talking about the good old British Type G.

That was really interesting that.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]