Co11age
Cottage the Eleventh, 2020
Jem wrote:
*whispers* What is CowboyTown?

:shrug:
MaliA wrote:
Who the fuck else knew about CowboyTown behind the barn? Who? Cunts, the lot of you, knowing for ten years. And never telling Malia

I was relieved to see that by Cottage X they were no longer flying the Confederate Naval Jack .
I've got TheVision a present so he has to come.
Yay! Exciting! Thanks Grim... I shall be there!

I imagine Curio has booked it and everything now so that shouldn't be a problem.
TheVision wrote:

I imagine Curio has booked it and everything now so that shouldn't be a problem.

But for which date? It's possible that he's forgotten what with him having booked it so long ago and all.
Don't dead cat the fucking cowboy village issue you blundering meerkats
Sorry Mali, we're just messing with you.

I mean, seriously, why would there be a fucking Wild West village next door to the Cottage?!
Don't ask me to mediate. Wrong period.
krazywookie wrote:
TheVision wrote:

But for which date? It's possible that he's forgotten what with him having booked it so long ago and all.

All the dates. Cottage is a month long this year.
Has this been booked yet? I've just had an enquiry about a wedding on the 10th...

I could do the 17th for the Cottage however?
Jem wrote:
Cottage is a month long this year.
This would actually kill me.
TheVision wrote:
Has this been booked yet? I've just had an enquiry about a wedding on the 10th...

I could do the 17th for the Cottage however?

It’s 100% been booked for the 10th already, I’m sure.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Jem wrote:
Cottage is a month long this year.
This would actually kill me.

But mirrors on the ceiling! Pink champagne on ice!
NEWS!

This is booked for the weekend of the 17th.

The 10th was already booked, and had been since last year. Maybe I should just get a standing booking working.

ANYWAY!

Now we have a confirmed and booked date, please let me know if you are in for sure.
Why isn't it on the normal weekend?
I can’t make it
Grim... wrote:

I feel there is no longer a normal weekend
I am going to kill all of you.
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I feel there is no longer a normal weekend

There like Cher
Grim... wrote:
I've got TheVision a present so he has to come.

I was in before this so now I'm even more in than you could imagine.
Me and D will be attendees.
Grim... wrote:

There is no normal weekend.

2019: 18th - 21st [3rd Fri/Sat in October]
2018: 12th - 15th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2017: 13th - 16th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2016: 7th - 10th [1st Fri / 2nd Sat]
2015: 16th - 19th [3rd Fri/Sat]
2014: 17th - 20th [3rd Fri/Sat]
2013: 11th - 14th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2012: 12th - 15th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2011: 14th - 17th [2nd Fri / 3rd Sat] (30th Sep was offered as a poll option)
2010: 15th - 17th [3rd Fri/Sat]

If you eliminate 2016 as an anomaly (IIRC we had to move the date because it was booked out), then 5 out of 9 have been on the 3rd Saturday of the month; however 5 out of 9 have also been on the 2nd Friday of the month.

Then:
2020: 16th - 19th [3rd Fri/Sat]
Thanks for that doc, and now back to the studio where myself and +1 are confirming our attendance.
Yay! I'm coming.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:

There is no normal weekend.

2019: 18th - 21st [3rd Fri/Sat in October]
2018: 12th - 15th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2017: 13th - 16th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2016: 7th - 10th [1st Fri / 2nd Sat]
2015: 16th - 19th [3rd Fri/Sat]
2014: 17th - 20th [3rd Fri/Sat]
2013: 11th - 14th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2012: 12th - 15th [2nd Fri/Sat]
2011: 14th - 17th [2nd Fri / 3rd Sat] (30th Sep was offered as a poll option)
2010: 15th - 17th [3rd Fri/Sat]

If you eliminate 2016 as an anomaly (IIRC we had to move the date because it was booked out), then 5 out of 9 have been on the 3rd Saturday of the month; however 5 out of 9 have also been on the 2nd Friday of the month.

Then:
2020: 16th - 19th [3rd Fri/Sat]

But why isn’t it the normal weekend
Mr Chonks wrote:

It is the normal weekend: six out of eleven times, it’s the third Saturday in October.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

It is the normal weekend: six out of eleven times, it’s the third Saturday in October.

Consider this though:

Why not on the normal weekend is this
If i can swap my weekend woth my son. i will be in
Maybe. If I get an apology for Cowboy Town
MaliA wrote:
Maybe. If I get an apology for Cowboy Town

What could be better than an apology from it, in person!
Super early to be thinking about this shit, but dropping it here so I don't forget.

I'm more than happy to bring along Gloomhaven if folks want to see it in action, but there are two ways to play the game.
1) Casual mode, pick a character, run a one time only scenario, have fun, repeat.
2) Campaign mode, create a character, level up, get loot, do events in the town, then head to the scenario and fuck shit up, repeat.

It actually works really well for mixed level characters in the same scenario, and a party/campaign can be made up of up to 17 different characters (only 4 can quest at the same time though).

Would folks be interested in playing Gloomhaven? If so, would you be interested in option 1 or option 2? Option 1 would be easier, but for option 2 we could leave it setup at the end of a table for the weekend and rattle through quite a few scenarios of a campaign with folks dropping in and out, which might be fun.
Do we have both cottages, Curio? I'd love to play but option 2 is only really viable if we can leave it set up in cottage #2
Col has descent: journeys in the dark which has a similar sounding campaign mode with leveling up and so on, maybe they could run simultaneously for intrigue and enjoyment?
I'd love to try GH but really option 1 would suit me best, so I'm also happy just to watch title fnarr :hat:
That's the thing with option 2, people who want to try it as option 1 can still just do that. Just grab a character and jump in to a scenario, then bugger off when the party heads back to town.

The bad thing for me would be that it would work best if I handled all the monsters turns and basically DM'ed the thing, as there are lots of nuanced situations that will need rules interpretation. So, depending on how many people wanted to play and how often, that could well be the only game I play all weekend :D
If enough folks wanted to experience the whole thing in its glory, i'm happy to do that though.
We have both cottages so long as we have enough people
Cras wrote:
Do we have both cottages, Curio? I'd love to play but option 2 is only really viable if we can leave it set up in cottage #2

Hah, I was planning on setting X-Wing up in the second cottage to avoid the long setup/tear down issues.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Cras wrote:

Hah, I was planning on setting X-Wing up in the second cottage to avoid the long setup/tear down issues.

I'd like to give X-Wing a go, if it is suitable for a complete novice to jump in.
The electric boogaloo cottage can be the "fuck me, i'm not putting this away again" gaming venue.
It’s absolutely fine for a novice. It definitely fits into the category of “easy to learn; difficult to master”, like chess or poker.

It can get complicated when you factor in pilot and chassis abilities, upgrades and squad-building, but it can be kept very simple to start with.
X-wing is easy. I smashed my first game.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Cras wrote:

X-Wing is pigging massive, you should have to rent your own cottage
Cras wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Cras wrote:

We could use that huge room in the back of the bar in Cowboy Town that we all went to, remember.
Oh that would be fine, we fitted in every single person who's ever been to the cottage in there
Cras wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Cras wrote:

It’s even bigger now I have three huge ships!
Page 2 of 14 [ 699 posts ]