1) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Xbox) - 7/10
2) The Division 2 (Xbox) - 8/10
3) Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) - 6/10
3) Horizon: Zero Dawn (DLC - The Frozen Wilds) (PS4) - 7/10
7 hours long to do the main campaign and zero side missions, cause they just weren’t interesting for me. But I liked this! I probably liked it a bit more than the main game since it was more combat focussed. I couldn’t give two shits about the story again. Guerrilla aren’t Naughty Dog. Not even fucking close.
* New weapons: new bows, flame thrower and spear. All very yawn
* New robots: just variants on the main game animals to be fair. The scorcher was a tiger thing with a fucking dragon punch move. They were pretty tough to be fair. But the best one...
* New Boss: Singular. It’s a big ape thing. You fight one and it’s pretty satisfying to kill. Then you fight three and it’s a tough ole battle. Then the last boss is just a heavily armoured version and, to be fair, it’s a pretty epic battle and I really enjoyed it.
* New Environments: the frozen wilds are very good, it’s very pretty but Deaths Stranding and God of War smashes it for snowy goodness. The internal bits of the volcano aren’t very good though: just metal box arenas. Oh and the fucking god awful platforming? Just no. It was shit and boring. Thankfully there isn’t that much but it’s still too much.
* Story: No idea, mate. Bland as fuck.
It needed some more exciting animals but it was a pretty decent romp. It you enjoyed the combat in the main game you’ll probably get your kicks out of this but if you’re invested in the story first then I can’t help you; you’re just a boring cunt that doesn’t know good dialogue if it told you to fuggeddaboutit. Or something.