New thread for this.
Old post contents wrote:
People who have expressed interest (7):
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Also: I am quite likely going to run an RPG one-shot this year. Not sure what yet, possibly The Sprawl
I've just printed up some character sheets and quick reference sheets, so I guess this is probably happening! And I have a few hours on the train up to write the scenario.
Depending on who wants in, I might run a couple of sessions with smaller groups, rather than one huge session with too many people.
Trooper + DonnaThe game:
To quote the book:
The Sprawl is a game of cyberpunk stories for 3-5 players. Most of you will play the roles of hardbitten but desperate cyberpunk professionals and one of you will be the Master of Ceremonies (MC for short). Playing the game is a conversation among the people at the table and the MC is the facilitator. Through this shared conversation you will create a fictional world filled with action, intrigue, and cybertechnology and coloured with neon, chrome, and excess. Your conversations will populate that fictional world with interesting characters and tense situations. The rules in this book will help you have this conversation. From time to time, the story will reach a point where a random element is desired. The dice add tension and a random element which changes the fictional state of the world and those changes spark the conversation anew. When there’s doubt about whose turn it is to speak, or what to talk about, the MC is the one who decides. Oh, and the MC? They control everything else. Your contacts, the corporations, the hit squads the corporations send to mess up your contacts, your other enemies, the team of pros who come to shoot up your team, and the blind cyber-assassin who loops the monofilament wire around your neck while you’re waiting in line for your vat-meat burger. The MC has their own set of rules, which will be described in the later chapters.
It's Cyberpunk, so:
* think: Neuromancer, Snow Crash, Bladerunner, Ghost in the Shell, the Matrix
* think: near-future dystopia
* think: the world is owned by the megacorps
* think: the street finds its own uses for things
* think: high tech / low life
* think: luxurious excess for some, grinding poverty for most
* think: marginalised, alienated loners living on the edge of society, in a dystopic future, where daily life is characterised by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human bodyThe book:https://thetrove.net/Books/Powered%20by ... 20v1.1.pdf
No-one has to commit to reading any of this. But if you get chance, the game will run smoother if a few people have at least read the game concepts chapter (pages 2-21).