Footweark
The work footwear megathread
Another set of air walks bites the dust. I imagine you can probably smell them through the image.
My work footwear comes from Arco. For some reason only a 3 or 4 style subset of ESD-with-steelies shoes is available, even where the difference between two pairs is colour.

So my entire team has lurid green trainer-style things.

https://www.arco.co.uk/uvexsportsline?x ... xsportline
My work shoes, depending on if it is likely to rain or not
Which are the pro rain shoes?
The Chelsea boots, the trainers aren't waterproof.
Check out these branded bad boys
Phwoar, can civilians get their hands on those?
That's job security right there, no way they can fire you until you wear those out.
Findus Fop wrote:

This is a genuine question btw, would love a pair.
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

Maybe on eBay. I don’t think shops will sell them ;)
Is there not a Royal Mail surplus store like you get army surplus stores? Is there a Royal Mail camo? Maybe one that’s particularly effective on dogs? Oh, and shoulder bags that magically expand to an infinite size on the inside?

And shorts. All posties have loads of pairs of Royal Mail shorts, right?
I can supply Mali shorts.
MaliA wrote:
I can supply Mali shorts.

Cider in a tiny glass
Mr Chonks wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

What size shoe are you?

And what's your bra size?
I can’t order any more, if that’s what you’re asking. These have to last a year then I can get some more.
Mr Chonks wrote:
I can’t order any more, if that’s what you’re asking. These have to last a year then I can get some more.

You’re only allowed one pair of shoes a year? They must be very confident of their footwear longevity!
Findus Fop wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

What size shoe are you?

And what's your bra size?

Mop has tiny feet. In a nice way. Most men have great huge lumber feet but Myp’s are like a 6 or something.
Mimi wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

You’re only allowed one pair of shoes a year? They must be very confident of their footwear longevity!

I can order more often but they’ll need manager approval. And I’m a 7.
Mr Chonks wrote:

I wasn't angling. I just think they're very cool. A quick look on eBay reveals a gaping open in the market. Time to start counterfeiting. Fake shoes!
My grandad worked for the Royal Mail and got a pair of the DM-style shoes for me to use at secondary school.

When my mate Johnnie found out, he made fun of me about it. Not in a fully-nasty way but still kinda mean, I think perhaps because I'd cut the little tag off to try and hide it.
Whoa! You liked Royal Mail shoes before they were cool?

You > Mop.

Similar to your story (ish), when I grew up as a Dickensian urchin, my Ma’s then husband who I thought was my dad but wasn’t bought each of us four girl kids a pair of trainers off of the back of a lorry as a last minute Christmas gift as we had none.

I was 14 years old. The others were 12, 10 and 8.

He had no idea what size feet me and his three daughters had, so guessed. He guessed wrong. Despite being the eldest, I had the smallest feet, so was forced to endure the next year’s PE lessons wearing some My Little Pony trainers that were meant for the youngest. :) I wasn’t just teased for it, I was actively beaten up with that as the initial excuse. Twice. I ended up having my head glued back with a chunk of my hair cut out the second time.
Geez, Sir Taxalot, you made this thread get dark quick.
Yeah Taxo, chill.
Mimi wrote:
Whoa! You liked Royal Mail shoes before they were cool?

You > Mop.

Your story is sad meems, genuinely, but the part quoted above is the WORST BIT >:(

I suppose dear old Grandad is at fault for trying to do something nice like giving me a free pair of hard-wearing but ill fitting royal-mail branded shoes. I'll tell him he's upset Mimi from the internet.

Being an all-boys secondary in the mid 90s I really wanted some Kickers like the other cool boys.
No, what you wanted was some My Little Pony trainers.
Indeed, I tried to get some but the girl kept fighting back and wouldn't give them up.
Indeed, I tried to get some but the girl kept fighting back and wouldn't give them up.
I did have some neat Visionaries trainers with holograms. And some KangaRoos with useless tiny little pockets and pouches
Sir Taxalot wrote:

It... it was you?

:’(
My o, get some Heelys, then you can glide between houses on your route!
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ]