Today's Earworm
it spins me right round baby
Reply
This morning wük up with this:



what's yem's?


Stupid Strongbow advert.
For ages I thought George Ezra was Giorgio Moroder and couldn't work out why he was suddenly wildly popular 30 years after his one hit.
Cras wrote:
For ages I thought George Ezra was Giorgio Moroder and couldn't work out why he was suddenly wildly popular 30 years after his one hit.

Slightly harsh. I guess that's one of the few he got his name on as the main artist, but he was a large factor in the success of a lot of hits:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... io_Moroder
Oh sure, but if I'm remembering his name, it's from Together In Electric Dreams.
Hold me closer tiny Craster.
I keep seeing that Wrigley’s chewing gum advert with the zombie* and that short 2 second burst of music keeping going around my head.

I had to look it up and it’s a group called Litany and the song is called Bedroom**.

So there you go. It’s good and hypnotic.

*https://youtu.be/21-S3lSD-Mg
**https://youtu.be/AKLefMTV620


Along with a crystal clear memory of the first map I played on The Settlers. :S
Will my office chums enjoy Shitfucker, or should I use headphones?
try them. it's a rocker.
I've had a skip though it. I have a few observations...

Firstly, do they know their white balance is completely off? It's way too warm! Amateurs!

Secondly, that broken cymbal will never give the tonal sound that such a beautiful song requires. They should invest in a new one.

Other than that, wonderful stuff. I especially like the Woo-hoo in the chorus. Very jaunty.
that's the exact bit i wuk up with. Wooooo hoooo SEX DUNGEON!
Today, Thorn Within by Metallica.
I've got Movies by Alien Ant Farm.
TheVision wrote:
I've got Movies by Alien Ant Farm.


Not thought about that song for years.

I've had Festival Song by Jeff Rosenstock rattling around in my head for about a week now, but there are far worse songs to be afflicted by.
Dimrill wrote:
Today, Thorn Within by Metallica.


When I listen to Metallica lately, I often start with that song, then perhaps jump to Bleeding Me and then to Outlaw Torn. Load got a lot of stick, but there are some brilliant songs on there.
I've got "I Want It That Way" by the Back Street Boys :S
Grim... wrote:
I've got "I Want It That Way" by the Back Street Boys :S


Tell me why
For me today, it's Flicker & Shine



2:24 of bluegrass catchiness.
Grim... wrote:
I've got "I Want It That Way" by the Back Street Boys :S

Well now I do too.
Findus Fop wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I've got "I Want It That Way" by the Back Street Boys :S


Tell me why

Fucking Post of The Year
devilman wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Today, Thorn Within by Metallica.


When I listen to Metallica lately, I often start with that song, then perhaps jump to Bleeding Me and then to Outlaw Torn. Load got a lot of stick, but there are some brilliant songs on there.


We can all agree that St Anger is trash though, right? Frantic is a terrible, terrible song, and sets the tone for the whole album.
Trooper wrote:
devilman wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Today, Thorn Within by Metallica.


When I listen to Metallica lately, I often start with that song, then perhaps jump to Bleeding Me and then to Outlaw Torn. Load got a lot of stick, but there are some brilliant songs on there.


We can all agree that St Anger is trash though, right? Frantic is a terrible, terrible song, and sets the tone for the whole album.


I bought the CD as soon as it came out and listened to it twice I think. Just aimless noise with each song overstaying its welcome by a few minutes. I've not been able to get into 'Hardwired...' either for much the same reason.
I've had this for a few days:

devilman wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Today, Thorn Within by Metallica.


When I listen to Metallica lately, I often start with that song, then perhaps jump to Bleeding Me and then to Outlaw Torn. Load got a lot of stick, but there are some brilliant songs on there.


You should always start with this:



(But yeah, Load is by far the album by them I listened to the most)
It's still in brain so everyone else will have to absorb it too.

DavPaz wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I've got "I Want It That Way" by the Back Street Boys :S


Tell me why

Fucking Post of The Year

Yes.
Jeff Rosenstock is tremendous, Mister Fop.

The song I keep getting stuck in my head is the new Mandy Moore song- “When I Wasn’t Watching”.

It’s got a strong vibe of Natalie Imbruglia mixed with HAIM, and would probably be fairly unremarkable if it wasn’t for the chorus melody progression taking a very surprising turn, which works really well.
I went through a very long period of humming the Mandy Moore song "I see the light" from Tangled.

Now, however, I am whistling the opening whistly bit from this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY
My earworm today:



Nsfw obv.
Woke up with the Flumps theme firmly stuck in my head



But then I read Mimi's tweet mentioning Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and now that's stuck in my head instead.
Haha :DD Iwaa just about to say thanks, as now I have The Flumps theme in my head, so we’ve swapped :D

I used to love the Flumps. My Nan made me a Rosie Flump when I was little.
A friend's kids came over and was singing "it's a long way, to the shop - if you want a sausage roll"

(You can probably guess the tune) and now it's stuck in everyone's head, I find myself singing it too.
I can’t guess the tune. Unless it’s ‘It’s a long way to Tipperary’.
I Love NYC. Managed to exorcise it by trying to play it on guitar with no accompaniment at 11am. Pro tip there :P
Sir Taxalot wrote:
A friend's kids came over and was singing "it's a long way, to the shop - if you want a sausage roll"

(You can probably guess the tune) and now it's stuck in everyone's head, I find myself singing it too.


My brain decided the tune for that should be Brown Girl In The Ring.
Mimi wrote:
I can’t guess the tune. Unless it’s ‘It’s a long way to Tipperary’.

https://youtu.be/-sUXMzkh-jI
One of many interesting songs by Dave Stewart (the other one, not the Eurhythmics one) and Barbara Gaskin, original by Billy Bragg, that keeps popping into me 'ead.

https://youtu.be/Df_yKtbu9Y4
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I can’t guess the tune. Unless it’s ‘It’s a long way to Tipperary’.

https://youtu.be/-sUXMzkh-jI

Oh, that’s not a song I know.
Cras wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
A friend's kids came over and was singing "it's a long way, to the shop - if you want a sausage roll"

(You can probably guess the tune) and now it's stuck in everyone's head, I find myself singing it too.

My brain decided the tune for that should be Brown Girl In The Ring.

Mine too.
Interesting, and unexpected.

In this case he tune is AC/DC and "It's a long way to the top"
(If you wanna rock n roll)
Which is now stuck in my head again
Page 1 of 2 [ 56 posts ]