Bit warm out
How are we all coping?
M&S Birch Services East had to close while I was decoking their server vents because all their fridges had tripped because of the heat. Other stores this morning were also having similar problems.
Thunderstorms here
I'm in Panama, where the low is 25. But the high is a comfortable 28. It's just ...nice. And very odd for that to be the case, even if it is rainy season, compared with the UK. It wasn't last week, when the sun came out and roasted the place (it was still only 32).
Warhead wrote:
M&S Birch Services East had to close while I was decoking their server vents because all their fridges had tripped because of the heat. Other stores this morning were also having similar problems.

Heh, I used to work for a convenience store chain with about 850 stores. One hit summer we had the refrigeration and air con trip in the heat in 40 stores in the space of about two hours, and I had to try and move the fresh stick around by catching refrigerated deliveries. It was the worst.
We survived, somehow.
Just ran 10km*. Was a bit warm

*walked half a mile after four miles as i was overheating a bit.
This has been pleasantly mild in comparison to back home. Office was a bit stuffy due to no aircon so worked sat out on the grass outside.

And at least the humidity isn’t at a bazillion.

There was a pleasingly sensible fellow from network rail on R4 this morning patiently explaining why the UK doesn’t/can’t engineer its rail system to cope with over 35 degrees. And then after the inevitable “well how do hot countries manage so well then” also then explained he’d been in Australia for the previous five years and they had exactly the same issue.
That's all well and good, but overhead cable gantries melting is more than a little dangerous and really shouldn't happen.
4x the price for concrete sleepers, apparently (like wot they have in Europe).

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... k-railways
Page 2 of 2 [ 59 posts ]