NAS storage
What is it and do I need it?
Certainly worth charging them for you to store their stuff on hard drives though.
Zardoz wrote:
Certainly worth charging them for you to store their stuff on hard drives though.

Good point. I've still got that DVD cover you designed for me. I reckon you owe me £45 for storing it so far. ;)

\o
TheVision wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Good point. I've still got that DVD cover you designed for me. I reckon you owe me £45 for storing it so far. ;)

\o

It’s ok, you owe me £45 for storing your drum beats
Perfect.

Zardoz! Pay the man.
TheVision wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Good point.

Well, think carefully about that. If you're charging them then you have a responsibility to keep their stuff safe.
Yeah you’re opening up a potentially open ended time and value liability risk there.
I have just turned on the NAS I bought from the Doc many years ago. It has finally died, I think my last power cut killed it.

Is the Synology a good 2 bay chassis to get?
TheVision wrote:
Perfect.

Zardoz! Pay the man.

I'm storing your cover!

Oh and Mops car skins too.

Giphy "laughing all the way to the leeds":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ofT5OV1i141D5pLm8/giphy-loop.mp4
KovacsC wrote:
I have just turned on the NAS I bought from the Doc many years ago.

Bloody hell! I'd completely forgotten about that. It had a decent innings, though.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Bloody hell! I'd completely forgotten about that. It had a decent innings, though.

Yes it had.. I had forgot to turn back on. It has gone to IT heaven now :)
KovacsC wrote:
I have just turned on the NAS I bought from the Doc many years ago. It has finally died, I think my last power cut killed it.

Is the Synology a good 2 bay chassis to get?

If you're after a decent pre-populated two-bay NAS I can certainly recommend the one I've got. I did all the initial configuration when I first got it and since then it's just sat on a bookshelf downstairs, doing its thing. Maxes out Gigabit Ethernet no problem.

https://www.ebuyer.com/830170-synology- ... 18j-8tb-iw
KovacsC wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Yes it had.. I had forgot to turn back on. It has gone to IT heaven now :)

My email history indicates I bought it in 2008.
I must have had it for over 5 years..
This fella is still going strong, nearly ten years of 24/7 uptime!

Attachment:
longerlastingforyourpleasure.JPG
Hearthly wrote:

Uh-oh.
Kern wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

Uh-oh.

It's alright there's nothing critical on it, if it blows up tomorrow I won't lose anything, I just use it as a dumping ground now since I migrated the main NAS workload to the new Synology unit.
Page 2 of 2 [ 66 posts ]