Mounting a Tshirt
I want to mount two of my sons rugby shirts into 2 deep frames.

Has anyone done this?
Any tips?
Put one t shirt into each frame.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Put one t shirt into each frame.

Thanks.

Anyone else??
I've not done it but I reckon I would make some sort of cardboard hanger thing that goes inside the shirt to keep the shape and then pin through that to the backboard of the frame.
KovacsC wrote:
I want to mount two of my sons rugby shirts into 2 deep frames.

Has anyone done this?
Any tips?

Find a local framing shop.

It sounds facetious but it's not.

Round the corner from my house in Sale there was a great gallery-come-framer; I bought a ready+framed picture for Helen from their gallery that she still loves and that doesn't fall off the wall, I got an awesome, massive Lichtenstein-inspired Wipeout vinyl print framed by them for a reasonable (but not inconsiderable) sum which also doesn't fall off walls, and they had loads of good-looking examples of shirt and instrument mountings in there.
I had a search online ‘how to frame a shirt’ and it looks like there are a fair few tutorials (I haven’t linked any here as some are videos, some written/illustrated, etc).

One thing I noticed initially is that most seem to be folded neatly completely to the front, and I think held with friction, so if your box frame (glass to backing) is too deep that might not work. It might be best to fold them around some kind of cardboard former to stop the folds to the back of the shirt destorting it against the glass?
Cheers.

I will have a good look
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]