Borderlands - the pre sequel
We forgot this one...
I picked up the handsome collection for a tenner this weekend, as I was after something to play on the new monitor.

I put hours and hours into borderlands 2, but this hasn't clicked with me yet. It looks great and it's more of the same, but the whole low g thing is annoying and imprecise to navigate around, and as with all borderlands games, there is a lot of navigating to do...

I keep stopping and then coming back to it though, so there is something there, I'll give it a few more goes.

One thing for certain, I'm terrible at keyboard and mouse control these days, I've had to plug a controller in! Too much console gaming has ruined me.

Runs very well in 4k with my 580 card, with a few of the bells and whistles turned down.
Gave up with it about halfway through, it was made by a different studio to BL2, and it really shows. I'd occasionally think I was enjoying myself but then the lacklustre writing would rear its head again, or the zero G oxygen thing would piss me off, and so on.

It's not a bad game, and if BL2 didn't exist I'd have probably seen it out, but not a game I felt motivated to finish.

Trying to put it into a single sentence, it's like BL2, but a bit less so in every single regard, to the extent that I'd rather just do another BL2 playthrough.
God yes, the enforced time trial aspect of the oxygen bar, what a terrible design decision.
I played this. It was entirely forgettable.

(In that the only reason I remember playing it was my coop chums insustence on "be"ing claptrap.

It weren't good.
I've started Borderlands 2 again instead, it's much better.
'Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's downfall.'
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]