Celebrity Deathlist 2019
also probably a B movie but I love Ladyhawke
The Hitcher is epic. Still scares me shitless every time I watch. Blind Fury was another fave of mine and of course Hobo With A Shotgun. Sad :(
markg wrote:
[If I think of Rutger Hauer I'll always think of The Hitcher before Blade Runner.

Yeah, me too.
I always think Guinness.
Pundabaya wrote:
I always think Guinness.

Me too. Then I feel guilty about thinking of Guinness ahead of his films. Then I want a Guinness.
Some places are reporting Pete Doherty. Surprised he made it to 40.

edit: news doesn't seem to be propagating, so probs an hox. a.
Harley Race, 76.
Dimrill wrote:
Harley Race, 76.

That's 110 in wrestler years
Jeffrey Epstein.

"suicide".
Peter Fonda

Never actually seen Easy Rider, so I know him mainly from Ghost Rider.
Spooky. I'd somehow got into watching land speed stuff on YouTube last week and I'd watched this film about that same car:

It couldn't help thinking that the whole exercise was a bit naive. To suppose that an old jet with the wings lopped off and some new wheels would ever challenge the record set by Thrust SSC with its massive budget and technical expertise.

Still got to admire anyone who tries for something like this, though.
markg wrote:

It couldn't help thinking that the whole exercise was a bit naive. To suppose that an old jet with the wings lopped off and some new wheels would ever challenge the record set by Thrust SSC with its massive budget and technical expertise.

Still got to admire anyone who tries for something like this, though.

I was thinking about this earlier, and I’m not sure I feel that admiration. I mean, what’s a record but an accolade, and in this case one that is extremely dangerous? It just seems like a loss of life for the sake of bragging rights, which I’m not sure I understand. Yes, there’s also a thrill seeking element, obviously, but specifically trying to break records in highly dangerous pursuits like this just seems like such a waste. I just don’t get it. That woman, and many others before her who have lost their lives will have been loved by their families and friends, and they will have loved those family and friends in return, and if I think of the collective not at breaking records like this my mind just won’t let me believe it measures anything like the collective grief that the loss of life results in.

And yes, most activities in life carry risk, crossing roads, etc, but being sensible this is near the top of the sliding scale of risk.

Maybe you need a more high-adrenaline, thrill-seeking mindset than mine to ‘get’ it though. *Does crossword, sips tea*.
I get that so I just don't really have a problem admiring someone for something they've done whilst at the same time recognising that they were probably quite selfish in their aims. I admire someone's ability to put fear to one side and go for it. And it's a bit of a cliche but I think its also true that as a species we probably need people like her.
I... I don't even recognise her. I guess I'm more familiar with the Kari, Grant, Tory era, not the "replacement goldfish".
Pundabaya wrote:
I... I don't even recognise her. I guess I'm more familiar with the Kari, Grant, Tory era, not the "replacement goldfish".

I believe Kari was her replacement
Apologies. Jessi stood in for Kari during her maternity leave in Season 7
The way I look at it is if you've never said "oh shit I could have died there!" Then you've never really lived.

I've always been a bit of an adrenaline junkie though, and I can barely walk on cold wet days.
JohnCoffey wrote:
The way I look at it is if you've never said "oh shit I could have died there!" Then you've never really lived.

Gave birth, so got that covered.
JohnCoffey wrote:

Maybe no-deal Brexit has its upside then!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49555763

Quote:
Terrance Dicks, Doctor Who writer and script editor, dies at 84
zaphod79 wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49555763

Quote:
Terrance Dicks, Doctor Who writer and script editor, dies at 84

:(
Jessica Jaymes, an “erotic actor”.
Gah! Captain Spaulding :(
So sad he'll be best remembered for Rob Zombie's awful flimums.
I love them films!
The Fake Razor Ramon.
Dimrill wrote:
The Fake Razor Ramon.

Fake Diesel said to be shitting himself.
Nah, Kane's fine.
Candy Samples. 91! Cripes.
Dimrill wrote:
The Fake Razor Ramon.

I always feel a bit bad about how that shitty angle stuck to Rick Bognar.
Pundabaya wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
The Fake Razor Ramon.

Hmm. As if you had something to do with it. Have you got tiny beady eyes? Have both of your thighs exploded at any point over the last 15 years?
Dimrill wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
The Fake Razor Ramon.

Hmm. As if you had something to do with it. Have you got tiny beady eyes? Have both of your thighs exploded at any point over the last 15 years?

Giphy "it was me all along austin!":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3ohc0YFJXBcj99eDf2/giphy-loop.mp4
Sue Osman from the very early EastEnders. Ali's wife.
JohnCoffey wrote:

In April.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:

In April.

Only saw it today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49918775
Thoroughly recommend 'Beware of Mr Baker' - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1931388/
He never ever looked well though.

Frankly, I'm amazed that he made it to 80.
Odds bodkins the surviving cast of Twin Peaks is shrinking quickly these days.
He was wonderful as Marvin. I loved the way he portayed that world (or universe) weary personality.
Page 4 of 5 [ 250 posts ]