Amiga Power: The Album With Attitude
Coming soon to Kickstarter
Mr Dave wrote:
I don't remember there being a video.

I believe the audio was taken from a video camera.

I think there were visuals of the funeral itself (if that's what you're talking about) but I might be remembering wrong.
How do you know he's incommunicado then? Stop worrying people Grim..., Jesus.
MrChris wrote:

I read TFA.
Grim... wrote:
MrChris wrote:

I read TFA.

WFA?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/am ... h-attitude

Quote:
Guardian (composed and remixed by Phillip Blake; nominated – in absentia, by inference only – by Jonathan Nash. For some time now J Nash has been curiously absent, but Guardian was one of the few games whose music he actually praised during his AP days, so it seemed the ideal candidate to represent him on the album.)
I'm going to guess that's not him.
But it would explain SO MUCH.
I doubt his real name is Johnathan Nash.
https://orsomething.co.uk/

I find most of this entirely unreadable, BTW.
DavPaz wrote:
https://orsomething.co.uk/

I find most of this entirely unreadable, BTW.

Yes, I found that as well. I think that's the result of posting from a Qatari prison.
He would just have painted a hole onto the wall and stepped out.
Grim... wrote:
I'm going to guess that's not him.

It doesn't look like him, so that's a safe bet.
Does incommunicado mean something that I don't know?
The Amiga Power Reunion audio recording (from An Evening With Attitude, organised jointly by Read-Only Memory and The Guardian back in 2016) contains some enlightening info about the identity of J Nash. (Conceivably more enlightening than he'd have liked. But anyway.)

Amiga Power Reunion (2016)

There is an entirely different audio recording from 20 years earlier, hosted on AP2, which J Nash plucked from a video shot by Tim Norris during the AP Viking Funeral. This was the evening in 1996, shortly after the mag's cancellation, when the AP guys got together and constructed a little raft on which to set fire to a copy of AP65 and set it floating down the River Avon. Entirely fittingly, it capsized and sank almost immediately. (The actual video has, to my knowledge, never been posted online, but here's a link to the relevant bit of AP2, complete with handy transcript.)

Amiga Power Viking Funeral (1996)
So, J Nash then.

Working on the AP album has put me in contact with a couple of people who were regular correspondents of The Nasher, and unfortunately both have confirmed that he rather abruptly stopped writing to them during the first half of 2016.

He was definitely still around after this, however. He made some minor updates to Or Something during the latter half of that year (commenting on the Manic Depressive Miner feature, and allowing some other comments through moderation months after that), and the domains for that site and The Weekly (which also hosts AP2) are still being renewed annually, and not by Mil Millington.

Those same (previously) regular J Nash correspondents have remarked that suddenly disappearing for no discernible reason would be an entirely J Nash thing to do. I like to imagine he simply returned to his dimension of origin in a spooky swirling vortex, his work on this plane of reality (to confuse everybody in a thoroughly entertaining manner) at last complete.

In slightly more cheering news, working on the AP album has also put me in contact with the lovely Linda Barker, whom the rest of the AP team had (until now) lost touch with. She is entirely happy and as lovely as ever. Hurrah!

Amiga Power album Kickstarter update

Evening, all! Following on from yesterday's AP album Kickstarter update (linked above), the campaign is now 97% funded; there's less than £400 to go. If you can provide any assistance in getting us across the finishing line, it would be vastly appreciated. (The update link also features a couple of new remix clips for your listening pleasure.) Ta muchly!

Amiga Power album Kickstarter update

Splendidly, as we head into the last day of the campaign, we've hit the £19,000 mark and unlocked a new stretch goal. The deluxe liner notes booklet accompanying the AP album (in both its digital and physical incarnations) will now feature a full 100 pages of groovy stuff, including a special Complete Control section written by Rich Pelley, in which he’ll endeavour to provide solutions to all your problems – game-related or otherwise. Hurrah!

There's still time to support the project if you haven't already, and continuing to spread the word about it would be a massive help too. Just click the link above for more info. Many thanks indeed!
It arrived. Looks beautiful!

Can’t wait to read it.

Did you actually produce in the netherlands?
Mine arrived today! Officially a mighty being. I am so proud. Of the money I spent being proclaimed one. Sort of makes up for never receiving my AP sweatshirt for my "in the style of" entry.
Which one did you do?

Did I ever told you guys the story of how I won an Sattelite dish in AP51, but managed to get a Mac SE30?
I believe it was "Bart Simpson in the style of A Slayer Fan" or something.
Mine came today too and what a lovely package it is!
Page 2 of 2 [ 76 posts ]