Twitter
I can’t find the original twitter post. I had to tweet someone. Very alien for me as I never really got Twitter

What’s a good client to use. I have an old version of Tweetbot and it says it needs upgrading.

Although I have not been on Twitter for 2000+ days.
I just use the official app. It's not perfect (especially the recent Facebook-like addition of not showing things chronologically until you tap the 'Latest Tweets' thing), but it does the job and supports multiple accounts.
You could also just go to the twitter website and do it from there without installing anything
Flamingo is great for Android.
Didn’t Tweetbot become the official iPhone app? That’s some old version.
Lonewolves wrote:

No. You're thinking of Tweetie, the creator of which ([email protected]) was hired by Twitter to work on its first official mobile app. That shared some concepts with Tweetie, and possible some code, although it wasn't a straight up re-release or anything.
devilman wrote:
I just use the official app. It's not perfect (especially the recent Facebook-like addition of not showing things chronologically until you tap the 'Latest Tweets' thing), but it does the job and supports multiple accounts.

It has ads as well, there are so many much better 3rd party apps.
Lonewolves wrote:

yup, version 3.6.3
Cras wrote:

It may be great, but it's really hard to find in the rubbish play store. Do you have a link at all?
Cras wrote:
devilman wrote:

It has ads as well, there are so many much better 3rd party apps.

True, but they haven't been obtrusive enough to drive me to look for an alternative yet. Although I mainly use Twitter on a PC browser so I only really use it once or twice a day on mobile.
TheVision wrote:
Cras wrote:

It may be great, but it's really hard to find in the rubbish play store. Do you have a link at all?

Oh, it got pulled from the store because of Twitter's per-app user limit :( Sorry.
Cras wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Cras wrote:

Oh, it got pulled from the store because of Twitter's per-app user limit :( Sorry.

Ah that explains it. No worries.

Anyway, I use the official Twitter app and I've found that by 'blocking' every advertiser that runs adverts, you'll see less adverts. It might take a while to block everyone, and new ones do crop up occasionally but at least it helps.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

No. You're thinking of Tweetie, the creator of which ([email protected]) was hired by Twitter to work on its first official mobile app. That shared some concepts with Tweetie, and possible some code, although it wasn't a straight up re-release or anything.

That’s the one, ta!
Slightly aware of the drama being played out on Twitter by Wayne Rooney’s wife and, I think, the wife of another footballer, because everyone is talking about it, and it has led to one of the best hashtags I have ever seen: #WagathaChristie
Mimi wrote:
Slightly aware of the drama being played out on Twitter by Wayne Rooney’s wife and, I think, the wife of another footballer, because everyone is talking about it, and it has led to one of the best hashtags I have ever seen: #WagathaChristie

Also, but not as good #WAGgart
I'd argue, however, that this was clearly a counter-intelligence operation rather than detective work, and so far more John Le Carre than Agatha Christie. #TinkerTailorSoldierWAG is no way near as good a hashtag though.
I did like the person who said, “Well no wonder she keeps on finding out about all of Wayne’s affairs if he’s married to #wagathachristie”
Attachment:
strange promoted tweet.png

I often see stuff like this, and wonder why it happens?

Does linkedin think people will use their website for promoting a story from over a week ago? Is it a mistake? Did they pay for X thousand impressions, and it's taken much longer for them to reach that number?
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]