C10ttage
MaliA wrote:
Jem wrote:
Someone appears to have taken my toothbrush & toothpaste from the shared bathroom in the little cottage. You probably don't want to use that...

Likely me. Sorry. Going a bit mad. Will check when home.

Called it.
Jazzy - turns out you weren't the psycho killer in the group...
Grim... wrote:

Ooooh! I'm intrigued!!! :o
Grim... wrote:

Did we find out what it was that you inserted in the server farm? I lost the thread a bit with that.
Just got back. Thanks for another excellent weekend everyone.

Will write more once I've had time to decompress and get over the inevitable post-cottage slump.
Jem wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Jem wrote:
Someone appears to have taken my toothbrush & toothpaste from the shared bathroom in the little cottage. You probably don't want to use that...

Likely me. Sorry. Going a bit mad. Will check when home.

Just chuck the toothbrush, I need a new one anyway.

Yeah, mea culpa. Sorry,mate.
Had a cracking time, great to hang out with you all. Curio is a worthy winner of the Flamme Rouge World Championships, and we'll have a think what to add to make a Triple Crown (Ticket to Ride, Flamme Rouge and ????).

The quiz was fixed.
MaliA wrote:
Yeah, mea culpa. Sorry,mate.

No sweat. Honestly just glad I wasn't actually losing my mind like I first thought!
Excellent cottaging again everyone! More thoughts later and I’ll try to get the photos up next week.
MaliA wrote:
Had a cracking time, great to hang out with you all. Curio is a worthy winner of the Flamme Rouge World Championships, and we'll have a think what to add to make a Triple Crown (Ticket to Ride, Flamme Rouge and ????).

The quiz was fixed.

There was that racing game formula something?
Formula D. Probably too similar to Flamme Rouge - you need something with a different skill set, perhaps.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Formula D. Probably too similar to Flamme Rouge - you need something with a different skill set, perhaps.

Captain sonar a to b race?
Some highlights:

— Yes Chefs! meal as good as ever. Fantastic chilli.
— I finally got to play Flamme Rouge, three times! Got the bronze in the world championships.
— DocG running an excellent cyberpunk RPG over two sessions. Really well run and realised, and we got to do some very fun things in an increasingly tense situation. And we completed the mission!
— staying up till 3:30am on the Friday night playing pool with Zeppo.
— staying up till 4am on the Saturday playing poker and drinking whiskey from a cream jug.
— another great quiz created and compered by Curio.
— epic 3-way, 3-hour Star Wars space battle on the Sunday afternoon with JBR, Malc and Zeppo.
— 4-0 sweep for Team Matt in Major League Beer Pong World Series against Team Not Matt.

Lots of other great stuff that I’ve probably forgotten momentarily, but I’m currently in bed as I’m absolutely shattered (still wearing the Rev Owen Memorial Hat though).

Just a wonderful weekend with lots of lovely people. It was great to meet Donna and she seemed to fit into the group with aplomb. Was also great to see Amelia and JBR again, both of whom I don’t see often enough.

See you all again next year!
Thanks to Curio for organising the weekend, and the Yes Chefs for feeding my wife ;) And Rich for ordering pizza, obvs.

Sorry that I snuck out on the Saturday morning without saying goodbye to everybody, I didn't want to make a big thing out of it. Great to see everybody again, and to see JBR and Trooper again (been too long) - and of course, good to meet Donna too!
As everyone has already said, another awesome Cottage, extra thanks go to Curio, the yes chefs for sorting everything and Jacket and JBR for lifts to ASDAs and the train station. Really enjoyed all the games even though I mostly finished 2nd in them (not all of them were 2 player/teams. A lot were, but not all of them!). Getting up for the rugby was tiring but worth it.

The hours of setting up and clearing up the Star Wars game was worth it. (Well done JBR as a first time player beating the two people who own it) For the three hour space epic that followed.

All in all Just a really great weekend with really great people. Roll on the next one!
It sounds like a great weekend.

Can I make a little request for next year though? Can it be put back to the normal weekend please?
I am back without further denting (not denting) my car on any tow bars, so there's a bonus (when even Doc's call of whoawhoawhoaWHOAWHOA! isn't enough to stop you moving into a not-empty space, then nothing is ever going to be).

Thank you everyone for welcoming me in as brilliantly as you always do. I don't come along to much, so wonder who exactly will even remember me, then am made to feel part of the fold very quickly. Brilliant gaming, talking and drinking with you all.
TheVision wrote:
It sounds like a great weekend.

Can I make a little request for next year though? Can it be put back to the normal weekend please?

:this:
Unfortunately I stole a tea towel, so I doubt we'll be allowed back.
We had a good run
Oh well. All good things.

Still, who would have predicted that season finale?
Grim... wrote:

It's a fair exchange for all the Nerf pellets we've donated to them over the years.
Kern wrote:
Grim... wrote:

It's a fair exchange for all the Nerf pellets we've donated to them over the years.

I left one slipper boot there.
MaliA wrote:
Kern wrote:
Grim... wrote:

You’re a toothbrush up, though...
I just played the text adventure game again and got one point. I think I remember where two others are, but six?! Fuck knows.
MaliA wrote:

Worst Cinderella ever.
Just about recovered my lost sleep and got over the post-Cottage slump.
Thanks to everyone for an excellent weekend, and special thanks to Curio for organising it all and the Chefs for another triumph.

Highlights for me included:

- Curio's Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
- Watching the England game with you all
- Telefestrations on Friday night. Still puckered.
- Multiple games of Flamme Rouge, ending on a nail-biting final. So close, yet so far. Maybe next year
- Malc's Century:Colonisation game. A fun worker-placement . Took us about twice as long to finish as it probably should have because we were chatting and joking all the way through.
- Coming second in the quiz. Maybe next year.
- The Great Dalmuti
- Quick post-quiz round of 6-Nimmt, one of my favourite fillers.

Also, good idea to have a collabarative photo site. I've uploaded mine.
Kern wrote:
Also, good idea to have a collabarative photo site.

Giphy "rage":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/22CEvbj04nLLq/giphy-loop.mp4
We should have thought of having one of those for previous events
Give an easy to remember name, like BeteoPics or something.
Cras wrote:

It would have saved a lot of arguments about what colour the carpet was in 2013 or when the sofas were changed. We could even have set up a script so all the pictures would eventually have found their way onto the Wayback Machine thread.
Trooper wrote:
Give an easy to remember name, like BeteoPics or something.

So we have!

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Cras wrote:

It takes fewer than one tap per photo to put my pics in a shared Google Photos album, though. Beex pics is... less frictionless.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:

It takes fewer than one tap per photo to put my pics in a shared Google Photos album, though. Beex pics is... less frictionless.

My phone automatically guessed I wanted to upload to that album. Almost as if it knew all about me.
I know. I'm just winding Grim... up.

(@ Doc)
Shame we didn't do a "hold up a picture of the previous year's group photo" photo each time. To the time machine!
Cras wrote:
I know. I'm just winding Grim... up.

A collabarative effort.
Here are my photos. No idea where the shared album is.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... A5MmVpc1FR
It’s here.

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:
Oh "good"

Don’t hat the game, hat the player
Mr Chonks wrote:
Cras wrote:
Oh "good"

Don’t hat the game, hat the player

Genuine lol :DD
I’m glad the beer pong video got a rare moment of me actually scoring.

And my incredible floppy hand technique.
Page 8 of 8 [ 395 posts ]