WongaWatch - The Grand Game Expenditure Thread 2019

How much do you expect you'll spend on games & consoles in 2019?
£0 - £1 - Yar, yar and/or freeware for me yo.  6%  [ 1 ]
£1 - £50  0%  [ 0 ]
£50 - £100  6%  [ 1 ]
£100 - £200 (~£12.50/month)  0%  [ 0 ]
£200 - £300  18%  [ 3 ]
£300 - £400  18%  [ 3 ]
£400 - £600 (~£50/month)  12%  [ 2 ]
£600 - £800  6%  [ 1 ]
£800 - £1000  6%  [ 1 ]
£1000 - £1200 (~£100/month)  18%  [ 3 ]
£1200 - £1500  0%  [ 0 ]
£1500 - £2000  0%  [ 0 ]
£2000 - £mental  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16
MaliA wrote:
PS4 controller <45>
Overcooked 2 <12>

Solicitors' fees <700>
Findus Fop wrote:
MaliA wrote:
PS4 controller <45>
Overcooked 2 <12>

Solicitors' fees <700>

You took the words right out of my keyboard! :DD
<1.13> Serial Cleaner (Switch)
GazChap wrote:

If only you were this in real life, eh Jem? Eh???
Mr Chonks wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Lolololol.

<39.85> Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
Mr Chonks wrote:
GazChap wrote:

True facts
<1.69> Sonic Adventure (Xbox One - Deals with Gold offer)
<80> Sega ST-V Board, Multi-Region BIOS and Winter Heat

Attachment:
IMG_20190904_134831.jpg
My estimate of £200-£300 for the year is looking slightly inaccurate now.
<24.50>

Hamy Portable NES thing

Attachment:
IMG_20190905_110914.jpg
devilman wrote:
<24.50>

Hamy Portable NES thing

Attachment:
IMG_20190905_110914.jpg

Giphy: extreme insertion
<47> Die Hard Arcade (ST-V)
Surely that NES thing is unplayable with the cartridge sticking out the top? Does it make your hands ache?
Mr Russell wrote:
Surely that NES thing is unplayable with the cartridge sticking out the top? Does it make your hands ache?

It's not bad actually. The console and game come in at under 300g (a GBA is around 200g), so it's light enough to not be a nuisance. I'll mainly be using it to test cartridges out anyway, so I won't be using it for long periods of time.
devilman wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

It's not bad actually. The console and game come in at under 300g (a GBA is around 200g), so it's light enough to not be a nuisance. I'll mainly be using it to test cartridges out anyway, so I won't be using it for long periods of time.

I’ve promised Darwin when he’s a bit older I’ll get the real NES out the garage so fingers crossed it will be working by then :)
Mr Russell wrote:
devilman wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

I’ve promised Darwin when he’s a bit older I’ll get the real NES out the garage so fingers crossed it will be working by then :)

Taking it out of the garage now will help with that
devilman wrote:
I'll mainly be using it to test cartridges out anyway

I've got to say - you seem to have a lot of devices you "use for testing cartridges".

Just how sure do you have to be?

:)
Grim... wrote:
devilman wrote:
I'll mainly be using it to test cartridges out anyway

I've got to say - you seem to have a lot of devices you "use for testing cartridges".

Just how sure do you have to be?

The handheld MD, SNES and now NES that I've got are very convenient just to see if a cart is basically working. If it doesn't work in one of them though, then there's a chance they're not compatible with them, so I have to then test them on the various original consoles dotted around.

I'm getting steadily more organised and efficient.. although the living room still needs a lot of work.

Attachment:
IMG_20190905_203707.jpg
<6.43> Tetris 99 DLC Bundle (Switch)
<3.66> DOOM II (Switch)
Xbox 360 version of South Park : The Stick Of Truth <2.32>

Push the boat out.
<14.99> Cloudlands 2 (Oculus Quest)
<-11> Selling Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
PSVR (V1) used like new <119>
PS4 camera (V1) <17>
BL3 <47.48> (had credit from FO76)
XBlive 1 yr <37.99>
There are various Square Enix and Rockstar games on offer in the Xbox store. Nothing particularly exciting but figured I'd pick up an old Tomb Raider (Anniversary) for <1.49>
Astrobot - <18>
Doom VFR - <14.75>
JohnCoffey wrote:
Astrobot - £18
Doom VFR - £14.75

You need to put the numbers in angle brackets for the forum to count them up dude.
Bamba wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Astrobot - £18
Doom VFR - £14.75

You need to put the numbers in angle brackets for the forum to count them up dude.

Oh. I'll fix it tomorrow on PC. I didn't know it did that.

One reality slap coming for me at the end of the year lol.
JohnCoffey wrote:
Bamba wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Astrobot - £18
Doom VFR - £14.75

Oh. I'll fix it tomorrow on PC. I didn't know it did that.

One reality slap coming for me at the end of the year lol.

The totaliser for 2019 is here:

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... sh2019.php

You can even put minus numbers for gaming related stuff you've sold.
Done all the ones I could find.

+

<240> used PS4 pro
<320> PS4 and a few games new.
<22> Wolfenstein young blood PC
<13.30> Untitled Goose Game (Switch)
<12.62> Untitled Goose Game

<136> 16 core 32 thread X99 Xeon (Broadwell E) engineering sample. Base clock on all cores is 2.3ghz, Turbo 3.0 goes 3.4 on up to 4 cores then 3.2 on 8. It's an upgrade for my 14 core desktop which is hardly worth it, but that frees up a 14 core CPU I am going to put into my Alienware that has a 1.8ghz 10 core in ATM I scored cheap last year.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Giphy "honk honk":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/cIj1XzCQcqVp07hfaR/giphy-loop.mp4
GazChap wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Giphy "honk honk":
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o6nUWZ6M0YefPz6Kc/giphy-loop.mp4

https://twitter.com/penllawen/status/11 ... 4920476672

You'll have to let me know if it's any good. I'm sort of tempted..

Also, I probably should update my total. I reckon I've spent another grand or something daft since I last posted something.
<49.99> Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening for Switch
TheVision wrote:
You'll have to let me know if it's any good. I'm sort of tempted..

The main "campaign" is short, but fun. Some of the puzzles take a bit of thinking - I've had about 4 hours out of it, and have just unlocked some more objectives that appear when you complete the main "story".

The ending is amazing.
Hearthly wrote:

Fifty quid? There's one born every minute
Tbf Nintendo games rarely dip below £40, even when they’re a couple of years old. I bought Mario Maker 2 for £40 on release because I found a shop selling it for that much — it was £50 everywhere else.

I’ve been waiting for Mario Kart 8 to hit £30 or under because I played it to death on the Wii U. I ended up borrowing Joans’s copy of Zelda: BotW because it was too expensive, even in sales.

Plus he doesn’t pay tax so might as well splash out.
DavPaz wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

Hold my coat....

The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening <79.99>
DavPaz wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

It's a digital purchase so it's just whatever it costs on the store. Is it possible to get it on cartridge for less? Probably, but not by much I'd guess, and I can't be arsed looking, and I like digital purchases because fuck physical media.

Plus, it's such a wonderfully crafted and delightful game I'm more than happy with the price.
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

Hold my coat....

The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening <79.99>

#speechless
Hearthly wrote:

It's a digital purchase so it's just whatever it costs on the store. Is it possible to get it on cartridge for less? Probably, but not by much I'd guess, and I can't be arsed looking, and I like digital purchases because fuck physical media.

Plus, it's such a wonderfully crafted and delightful game I'm more than happy with the price.

Live and let live I say. Won't stop me looking on in horror though.

Although now I've looked into it, I see it's a remake and not the original NES game. Still though, fifty quid.
It’s by far, the least objectionable purchase. Everything is made completely from scratch.

I think Super Mario Bros. U Switch Deluxe for full price; Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Breeze for full price; Captain Toads Treasure Tracker for full price or the other WiiU half assed conversion jobs for full price are more worthy of derision.
Captain Toad was never full price as far as I know. I bought it quite early on after missing it on the Wii U and I paid £25 I think.

You are right in general about the price of Switch remakes though.
A few sale items from the Xbox store -

<5.99> Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
<1.69> Crazy Taxi
<8.74> Space Hulk: Tactics
devilman wrote:
Space Hulk: Tactics

Ooh, what's this?
Grim... wrote:
devilman wrote:
Space Hulk: Tactics

Ooh, what's this?

Quote:
Space Hulk: Tactics is a turn-based strategy game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, pitting squads of Space Marine Terminators against swarms of alien Genestealers aboard massive amalgamations of abandoned starships called Space Hulks.

Based on the classic Games Workshop boardgame, Space Hulk: Tactics lets you pick between these two factions in full campaigns, solo vs. AI, or competitive online play. A new card system enhances the turn-based strategy gameplay, ensuring no two games are ever the same and giving you many more tactical options on every turn. With a map creation tool also available, you will never run out of new scenarios to play.
<1.69> Crazy Taxi Xbox
I've only played the tutorial mission but it seems decent so far. The tiny font is going to be painful though

Attachment:
IMG_20190924_202440.jpg
I'm playing God of War and the text in that is tiny, too.
Page 10 of 15 [ 708 posts ]