Dead Xbox
Toes.Up.Daisies.
OK so after about two months since I reset it my Xbox has turned its toes up to the daisies. It gave me the usual "you need to delete all of your saved games and restore from the cloud" which I did. Rebooted error 105. Decided to reset but keep games, rebooted to a 102. Also before the death I noticed that it was saying apps could not be open and needed to be uninstalled/reinstalled as they were corrupt. Apparently 102 errors are related to dead hard drives, which is what I was kinda suspecting.

I went online the last time it happened and set up an RMA. They emailed me some UPS labels and then I never heard anything from them again. I was expecting an email telling me when UPS were coming to collect it but nada. No instructions, nothing. I now suspect I am supposed to be clairvoyant and maybe should have dropped it off at a parcel centre, four miles away, with no car. Is this standard procedure?

I don't suppose any of you kind souls knows a phone number I can call them on? Agoraphobia and four mile bus journeys doesn't tend to mix.
Who did you buy it from?
Second hand on Ebay. It has warranty until the end of Jan though and I have regged it OK.
Who sent the UPS labels?
Microsoft. By email, but nothing else after that. I set up an RMA on Microsoft via my account that the Xbox is regged to.
Have you emailed UPS?
You should have got a reference number when you registered it that you can put in here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/devices

Have a look on there with the reference number and see if that sheds any light on it? I have to be honest, you're going to struggle to actually speak to a real person on the phone. Microsoft want you to self serve with everything these days.
In the meantime, put a new hard drive in it and flash it yourself.
TheVision wrote:
You should have got a reference number when you registered it that you can put in here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/devices

Have a look on there with the reference number and see if that sheds any light on it? I have to be honest, you're going to struggle to actually speak to a real person on the phone. Microsoft want you to self serve with everything these days.

If I go to print labels it goes to [].. on a white web page. No labels.. Like I said once they sent the labels I never heard from them again. I got it working in the meantime, so kinda thought it was OK. Obviously not...

Dave, doesn't that void warranty?
JohnCoffey wrote:
Dave, doesn't that void warranty?

Aye, probably.
Try it in a different browser... See if that helps with the white page issue.

Really needing a phone number......
After nearly an hour of wanting to rip my hair out (what is left of it) I think I have sorted it. I cancelled the repair in this instance, apparently it won't cancel until some one can do it tomorrow (makes sense) and I did find a number for people with disabilities, perfect for me. He has told me I need to take it to a UPS drop off point, but one has just opened 1.4 miles away. So once I get a new label I now know what to do...

Thanks for help :)
OK, label got etc taken it to the parcel drop off.

Phew, another job done.
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]