TV - Broadband RMD
I am nearly out of contract with BT, been with them a few years.

Asked for a renewal. The want to charge me £40.99 for freeview, BT sport and there Fibre plus Broadband.

I am happy to down grade my TV to freeview as I don't watch it much, or seem to hammer netflix.

Where else should I be looking? I can't have virgin in the area. I could go back to sky, but EE looks quite good.
Can't you keep watching Freeview on your BT device even after you stop paying a sub to BT?

I use Vodafone for broadband who, despite fucking up my mobile tariff so many times I had to tell them to do one, I've had no problems with their broadband. Seems fast enough for me, very little downtime and no phone line rental.
Findus Fop wrote:
Can't you keep watching Freeview on your BT device even after you stop paying a sub to BT?

I use Vodafone for broadband who, despite fucking up my mobile tariff so many times I had to tell them to do one, I've had no problems with their broadband. Seems fast enough for me, very little downtime and no phone line rental.

BT line rental is £34 /39 a month. I could change to EE for £34 for everything
You’ve answered your own question then. Thread locked. Turn the lights out it’s home time everyone.
I am an idiot. My BT tv box will revert back to a free view box anyway.
KovacsC wrote:
I am an idiot. My BT tv box will revert back to a free view box anyway.

That's what Crispy Pancake said.
I've been on EE for a couple of years now. Good service, sensible price, and their supplied PVR is a nice bit of kit.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I've been on EE for a couple of years now.

Stop posting selfies
Hi guys,

We’ve changed broadband provider today. Rather, we are in the process of doing so and today is switchover day.

Old provider stopped working at 3pm. Does the new one usually start relatively soon afterwards or could it be hours to switch over?

Basically, do we keep fiddling with the router or just walk away and leave it for a few hours?
Have you changed router, or kept your existing one?

If you kept your existing one, make sure the username and password in its connection settings are correct for the new provider.

It should start working pretty much straight away.
We’ve changed router and input all of the new settings as far as we can tell.
All working now.

There seemed to be about an hour and a half where we had nothing but it’s just now knickeref in.
Loving the new word replacement technology. Better than the last one. xxx
Mimi wrote:
but it’s just now knickeref in.

I plan to remember and use this term, next time I have router problems. :luv:
Mimi wrote:
All working now.

There seemed to be about an hour and a half where we had nothing but it’s just now knickeref in.

Did you read any trade reviews to ensure there was no negative press covfefe before you changed to your new provider?
I left the job to my team of trusted advisors who never mess anything up ever, which is not what you’ll read in the fake news media.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]