Phone rmd
I need a new work phone. They reimburse £270.

What is the best bang for my buck. It needs to be be android or iPhone.

Am I best looking at Cex for a reasonable pre-owned one.

Cheers
I'd have thought you'd need to go new to get a guarantee, so it'll be a mid range Android jobby.
CEX give you a 24-month guarantee.
I've just bought Mrs fop a phone from envirofone. Hasn't arrived yet so can't comment on quality, but 190 for a 64gb iPhone se with 12 month warranty seemed decent.
I like my Honor 9 lite
Motorola have been complete tools about updating the G5, and also it's not robust and I assume it's not Android itself so they've screwed stuff up in the OS so I won't be buying another.

Like, Fitbits stop syncing until you *delete them from the known devices*. The they sync fine for a day until magically it reappears in the known devices list and you have to forget it again.

This is not all, just the latest.
I'd be leery of second hand, surely you don't want reliability hassles on a work phone? At that price I'd also go for mid-range Android over an older model iPhone.

What do you mean by "good"? If this is just a work phone, are you carrying a personal phone that you'll use for most stuff, that has a good camera, etc? If so what do you want from a work phone?

Motorola are still the mid-range champs for most people's money. Look at the G6 or (preferably) the G6 Plus. Bik's point about updates is well-made but most OEMs are the same. MaliA's Honor 9 is a strong suggestion too. I've heard nothing but praise for the Nokia 6 but someone was grumbling it was hard to find in stock; not sure if that's better now. The Nokia should, at least, get timely updates, as it's a less modified form of Android.
Do they fuck about with the phone? By which I mean is there any mileage in pocketing the money and buying yourself a nice phone to use for work and personal.
Cunty McCuntfuck at my old office did that.

One of the last things I did before I left was turn his camera off.
I'm quite tempted by a Nokia.
Grim... wrote:
Cunty McCuntfuck at my old office did that.

One of the last things I did before I left was turn his camera off.

Haha!
If it is android. I have to install some corporate software and outlook.

For iPhone I have have put Microsoft Authenticator and outlook.

I use my own phone for email as the Windows 8 phone i have had an issue with outlook.

I was thinking of being cheeky and getting a newer model iPhone and then converting my iPhone 6 to s work one.

I can change my hanset every 2 years. Ish
Yeah if I was shopping for a phone today, I'd probably get something like the Nokia 6.1 Plus or one of the newly announced Motorola phones.

Something with solid mid-range specs, Android One, and within the budget you outlined.

Edit: Or the Pocofone F1 if you don't mind switching to a plastic shell in order to get an upgraded processor. It doesn't come with Stock Android/Android One either, sadly.

https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6_1_plus_(nokia_x6)-9178.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_one_power-9221.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-9293.php

Edit2: Regarding updates lagging behind, this is why you should get an Android One phone. Timely updates, guaranteed updates for two years, and it's stock android. Basically like the successor to the Nexus program, since Google only make expensive Pixel phones now.

I have the Mi A1 and it's great. The Mi A2 is out now and seems like it would be solid, except they removed the 3.5mm jack, which seems like a very silly decision to me.
And after the guaranteed updates run out, in theory custom ROMs will work for ages now they've done the hardware abstraction, so it won't matter if the chipset maker stops upgrading the drivers.
Oh - I came in here for a reason.

Has anyone used one of the broadband-connected femtocell signal booster things on an EE based network?

I never got round to cancelling my BT mobile SIM so am still paying for two; the O2 is out of minimum term, and I get no signal at work, but I still get rubbish BT Mobile signal in the house.

If the BT signal booster works, for a one-off £20 it saves us a lot of faff and money.

I can't find an obvious answer online and don't really see the point asking BT - does anyone know if multiples work in a house? There's little chance "up to 15m range" is enough...
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]