Things you don't see much anymore
Nipples
I was on the tube this morning, and some sheila was sitting there using a laptop that had a laptop nipple.
It occurred to me that I haven't seen one of those in ages, didn't realise they still did them to be honest. I much preferred them to a trackpad.

Are laptop nipples still a thing on windows machines? I suspect the Thinkpads still do them, as the red nipple was a bit of a trademark kinda thing for them.

Also, i had a can of drink from a dodgy newsagent t'other week, that had a proper ring pull. You don't see those much either.
All Thinkpads still have them, yes.
Writing on my work Lenovo T440. Can confirm.
Also has an annoying trackpad that took ages to disable.
Trooper wrote:
a proper ring pull.

I remember being really proud when I first learnt how to use one of those. Then they brought in the modern, less littering kind, and I had to struggle again for years.
My Thinkpad has it too (a nipple, not a ring pull) and I've never used it. The only time I'm really even aware of it is when I'm cleaning the keyboard and I swipe that nipple right off. :)
Road Atlases.
TV listings magazines.
DavPaz wrote:
Road Atlases.

In the pouch behind my passenger seat, as emergency backup or detour inspiration.
Trooper wrote:
Also, i had a can of drink from a dodgy newsagent t'other week, that had a proper ring pull. You don't see those much either.

Weren't they banned?
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Weren't they banned?

Quite possibly, but there must be some countries that still use them. IIRC the can had arabic writing on it.
I used to love those, when they brought in the ones that had the two little slots so that you could separate the tab from the pull and then use the tab to launch the ring pull bit across the room and have someone's eye out.
:this:

Flew really well.

Fucking Vegans.
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Weren't they banned?

I had a tin of beer with an old school ring pull on it the other week. Got from CoOp
Some of the hipster beers i drink come with ringpulls that remove the whole lid of the can.
Lonewolves wrote:
Some of the hipster beers i drink come with ringpulls that remove the whole lid of the can.

I saw someone drinking one of these the other day and it looks weird as fuck.
Zardoz wrote:
:this:

Flew really well.

Fucking Vegans.

It was probably the EU nanny state health and safety PC brigade. Brexit will sort it out!
Giphy "gammon sovereignty":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3oxRmbs0xF77u9PQE8/giphy-loop.mp4
Holy shit Giphy!
White dog shit. Apparently we no longer feed animals ground up ash.
Zardoz wrote:
Holy shit Giphy!

Yeah, that's clearly a SALMON. Idiots
Zardoz wrote:
Holy shit Giphy!

Fantastic

My laptop has a nipple..
this thread brings this to mind:

Bobbies on the beat.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

I saw someone drinking one of these the other day and it looks weird as fuck.

They make cute little planters for succulents though, if instagram is to be believed.
Sadly, I see far more Thinkpad nipples than actual nipples these days... :(
No mirrors in your house? Horrific neck injury that stops you looking down?
I saw a used condom in a clear baggie hung in a tree in a park in Bath.
Trooper wrote:

You've made it weird now. ;)
MaliA wrote:
I saw a used condom in a clear baggie hung in a tree in a park in Bath.

Bloody dogs walkers that can't be bothered to take them home.
Trooper wrote:

Horrific belt sander injury?
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ]