Guinness World Record attempt
Donations greatly appreciated
Hi all!

I am participating in an utterly ludicrous Guinness World Record attempt at the end of August - world's longest softball marathon.

24 hours? Nope.
48 hours? Not a chance.
72 hours? I wish!

120 (ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY) consecutive hours of softball - there will be 40 players so I will need to play 60 hours of that. Five days straight. Help me make it worth it as it might be the last time my body will let me play. We are not allowed to leave the play area during that time (so no nipping home for showers or a nice sleep in my own bed). It's going to be hard work.

My good friend Rebekah tragically lost her 17-year-old nephew Jay to cancer and we are raising money for the Nottingham University Hospital Charity in his memory.

Please donate if you can and share if you can't. Every £1 is most gratefully received! More information in the link provided. Thank you!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mattcoleman26
I assume you're allowed to sleep on site, to avoid the whole dying thing?
Cras wrote:

Yes, we'll be playing in 2, 4 and 6 hours shifts and will have time off to sleep, eat and rest.
The losing team is going to be annoyed, I imagine.
Not as much as a draw.
MaliA wrote:
Not as much as a draw.

Yeah, not sure we'll enforce the extra innings if by some weird miracle the scores are level after 120 hours.
Sounds great Myp.
Lonewolves wrote:
Cras wrote:

Yes, we'll be playing in 2, 4 and 6 hours shifts and will have time off to sleep, eat and rest.

Will you have spare kit or just expecting the final 20 hours to be slightly less fresh than the first 100?
Kern wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Cras wrote:

Will you have spare kit or just expecting the final 20 hours to be slightly less fresh than the first 100?

I'm hoping we have some volunteers willing to do laundry. :D
How many innings are you expecting to get through? How many bananas will you eat? What lifelong injury are you expecting to pick up?
Trooper wrote:
How many innings are you expecting to get through? How many bananas will you eat? What lifelong injury are you expecting to pick up?

No idea how many innings. Depends how long or short they are. Could range from 10 mins to 30 depending on runs scored. Assuming 20 mins per completed inning it would be around 360 innings. I'm expecting the score to be around 700ish each.

I'll probably get through 5 bananas and knowing my luck I'll hurt my shoulder again.
Hi all.

The time is creeping ever onwards and we're just over three weeks away from our ludicrous GWR attempt. Thanks to those who have already donated, you are awesome! If I could squeeze £1 from every active member on here I'd have...about £20, but I'd still really appreciate it!

I am putting my body and sanity on the line for five days in memory of Jay Oxley, a 16 year old agricultural engineering student who was cruelly taken from us by cancer a couple of years ago. His aunt Rebekah is a good friend and teammate of mine. I've already hit the minimum I need to raise to participate (£200), but I'd love to smash my stretch goal of £500 and show the rest of the team just how fundraising is done!

Just to give you some perspective, at a weekend tournament we'd normally play about 9 or 10 one-hour games over two days, and I feel absolutely shattered after that. This will be 120 hours or five days of consecutive softball with 40 players rotating on a shift-basis. The longest I will spend off the field during this time will be four hours. I might have to retire at the end of it, or at least lie down until Christmas. Help make it worth my suffering!

Thank you in advance. :)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mattcoleman26
Done, try not to die of heatstroke...
Jesus Trooper! You can tell you're working again.

(Thank you :kiss:)
Welcome dude, I got paid yesterday, so good timing ;)
Done. Good luck all :)
JohnCoffey wrote:
Done. Good luck all :)

Thanks JC! Appreciate it.
Done. Now someone give him a fiver to get him over his target.
Wow, thank you so much you lovely people! I feel incredibly humbled.
Next May?!

That's quite the delay.
Grim... wrote:
Next May?!

That's quite the delay.

The season is almost over and I don't think we'd be able to rearrange it in time while the weather is still ok. May is pretty much the start of next season and will give us time to prepare, while avoiding summer holidays and other tournaments, which seem to have been somewhat of a factor.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ]