Bits and Bobs 50
50 shades of bits
KovacsC wrote:
not sure how to do that

Its done now but to spoiler anything you put tags at the top and bottom of the thing you want to spoiler like

Code:
[spoiler]
The thing you want to spoiler so for example the picture above
[/spoiler]
Oh man, I got a massive one the other day, Seren was right up in it's grill and we caught it and let it go outside. At which point she burst into tears because I wouldn't let her hold it in her hands.
We name some of the bigger house spiders in our house. I think they’re great.
As Crocodile Dundee kinda said once...

That's not a spider... *this* is a spider:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
You could see all his little knee joints and stuff it's bloody incredible that they come in sizes smaller than that and the little money spider guys, man if they're using the same knee tech at that scale that's totally mind blowing.
Obligatory Peacock Spider video

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I have a chonky house spider living about my desk in the conservatory. I don't mind him being there, but I wish he wouldn't keep dropping the husks of dead insects all over my desk.
I'm sure there's a more appropriate thread, but

I went to my parents the other day and they have me a box of my old stuff. It contained:
The Vision and Devilman are going to have to hurry.
Without looking on eBay, I have a feeling that Smash TV might be worth more than you'd expect.

**edit** actually ignore me. It's not.
Grim... wrote:
The Vision and Devilman are going to have to hurry.

Heh I need to stop buying consoles for the site as it is - I've got two Saturns and a Game Gear to add (among all the other bits). It's nice to see Saturn stuff that isn't completely battered like a lot on eBay.

The Game Gear seems to be gaining in popularity lately; I think it might be due to people offering recapping services or even replacing the screen with LCDs and VGA output.
TheVision wrote:
Without looking on eBay, I have a feeling that Smash TV might be worth more than you'd expect.

**edit** actually ignore me. It's not.

That really depends on how much I'd expect! :)
Wow, is Panzer dragoon zero really going for the prices on eBay?
Bobbyaro wrote:
Wow, is Panzer dragoon zero really going for the prices on eBay?

Saturn stuff generally has been creeping up steadily. I remember I used to sell Zwei for about £15 a few years back and it's just shot up now. Panzer Dragoon Saga regularly fetches £250+ now.. nuts.
Wake, Wipeout games were released for the Saturn? That's bonkers, they're so firmly associated with the PlayStation I always assumed they were exclusives. Well, console exclusives anyways, I did have the first game for the PC back in the day.
Bamba wrote:
Wake, Wipeout games were released for the Saturn? That's bonkers, they're so firmly associated with the PlayStation I always assumed they were exclusives. Well, console exclusives anyways, I did have the first game for the PC back in the day.

See also Tomb Raider. That actually came out on the Saturn before the Playstation.
I find this terribly irritating when it's busy.
Warhead wrote:
I find this terribly irritating when it's busy.

Is that snow?
I’ve nustcrealised that’s in London (is it the Abbey Road crossing?) so cant be snow, but it looks just like snow.
Oh, I’ve just realised the ‘snow’ is just in one side of the road. Decjnitekt not snow :)

... unless it drifted to one side in the wind. That happened here in March.
It’s just the play of light and shade on a wet evening.

There were four Beatles look-alikes doing a photo shoot to recreate the original album photo yesterday morning before it got busy.
Warhead wrote:
It’s just the play of light and shade on a wet evening.

There were four Beatles look-alikes doing a photo shoot to recreate the original album photo yesterday morning before it got busy.

Yes, a London bus went by when I refreshed it, so I could see it was in London and that snow was... unlikely... unless there was a massive delay. It did look just like snow (on one side of the road) in the streetlights, though :D
Here are a couple of the pics I saved. It's 50 years since Abbey Road was released.

Attachment:
Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 07.12.15.png

Attachment:
Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 07.36.20.png
Lennon is pretty convincing! Maybe a bit too ginger.
I remember when I worked in a college library there was a set of chemistry textbooks where the authors recreated a different Beatles' cover on the back of each edition. It was one of the cheesiest things I've ever seen.
What a wonderfully charming game Yoku's Island Express is. Carry on.
Dimrill wrote:
What a wonderfully charming game Yoku's Island Express is. Carry on.

Isn't it just? Such a delightfully relaxing way of killing some time :)
Trigger warnings for grief / dealing with the death of a friend but a moving story

https://twitter.com/SimonParkin/status/ ... 6149107714

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... age-brands

Not sure how "people who wear Fred Perry clobber are probably cunts" is news but here we are.
*burns Fred Perry polo shirts*
Typical centrist classism!
I think there are more objectionable things about fascists than just their dress sense.
"Fascists dress in black and tell people what to do"
I've been reading enough stuff about the Proud Boys that I realised I've now become slightly conditioned to react suspiciously to anyone wearing Fred Perry tops, which is completely unfair to random punters wandering around Glasgow given that it's not actually a thing over here (as far as I know).
That name. "Proud Boys" always sounds like a very different kind of organisation.
Kern wrote:
That name. "Proud Boys" always sounds like a very different kind of organisation.

Yeah, it's entirely fucking weird, especially given that it's actually a reference to a song from Aladdin of all things. None of this should be a massive surprise given that their founder, Gavin McInnes, is a total fucking nut job. As evidenced, amongst other things, by the episode of his online show he did where he fucked himself with a dildo on camera in order to prove he didn't hate gays. Or something.
Bamba wrote:
I've been reading enough stuff about the Proud Boys that I realised I've now become slightly conditioned to react suspiciously to anyone wearing Fred Perry tops, which is completely unfair to random punters wandering around Glasgow given that it's not actually a thing over here (as far as I know).

What about chavs in Burberry then?
Warhead wrote:

No such thing as a chav - however there may well be neds
Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:

What about them?
Bamba wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:

What about them?

Is there some sort of correlation with Fred Perry aficionados, e.g. have you been conditioned to react suspiciously to them?

I don't think I'd recognise Fred Perry clobber unless I was close enough to see the logo and even then it probably wouldn't register as it's a bit on the subtle side. Where's Burberry has that easily recognisable big check.
Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:

What about them?

Is there some sort of correlation with Fred Perry aficionados, e.g. have you been conditioned to react suspiciously to them?

I don't think I'd recognise Fred Perry clobber unless I was close enough to see the logo and even then it probably wouldn't register as it's a bit on the subtle side. Where's Burberry has that easily recognisable big check.

The Proud Boys wear a particular Fred Perry black and yellow polo shirt as a sort of uniform. I kind of thought the connection was clear from my original post.
Though I have just googled it to see what the shirt actually looks like I have spent the entire day imagining it looks like this.
Bamba wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:

What about them?

The Proud Boys wear a particular Fred Perry black and yellow polo shirt as a sort of uniform. I kind of thought the connection was clear from my original post.

I can be a bit slow.
It’s meant to disguise the ugly truth of their thoughts. The idea being to dress “smart/casual” to make themselves look more normal, like the good kids in the neighbourhood, for instance. And it works.
Maybe they're just misunderstood.
Current status.
A friend just told me that she always has 4-6 novels on the go and reads a bit from 2-6 of them every day.

What is this new level of reading?! That’s not... normal... is it?! Is it? I don’t even know, now. I’ve never even considered reading more than one novel at once. Is this a thing?
I tend to have more than book on the go at a time. I like the variation in topic and genres. I’ve never found it hard to pick up from where I left off.
I personally wouldn’t do it, but I suppose it’s no different to watching two or three TV series at once.
Page 61 of 100 [ 4953 posts ]