Bits and Bobs 50
50 shades of bits
Auntie Beeb says 20°C here in North East Oxfordshire too so bedroom clock is more trustworthy than kitchen clock. Which is probably just as well.
Still, sitting in the garden drinking beer and reading the paper in the sun is ace.
Although now there's only 3° between them and I don't know what to believe anymore.
Have you put them both in direct sunlight?
Trooper wrote:

Yes. That probably hasn't helped!
Kern wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Yes. That probably hasn't helped!

That'll explain it :D
Next up in misleading domestic appliance news: why does the '30 minute quickwash' function on my washing machine always take longer?
Maybe they used a poorly calibrated cheap clock/timer. We have a Panasonic microwave with a clock that gains about 10 minutes per month.
Kern wrote:
Next up in misleading domestic appliance news: why does the '30 minute quickwash' function on my washing machine always take longer?
My guess: it’s an estimate, because the cycle uses sensor feedback, it’s not a fixed programme. For example it’ll vary with input water temperature. Some dishwashers have variable length rinse cycles that use optical cleanliness sensors mounted in the drain pipe; maybe some washing machines are similar.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Kern wrote:
My guess: it’s an estimate, because the cycle uses sensor feedback, it’s not a fixed programme. For example it’ll vary with input water temperature. Some dishwashers have variable length rinse cycles that use optical cleanliness sensors mounted in the drain pipe; maybe some washing machines are similar.

Or it could be a shitty clock.
Doesn't look that bad, sympathy vote etc.

What was he doesn't to the dog to get it to bite him anyways?
Kris wrote:
Doesn't look that bad, sympathy vote etc.

I literally says in the first sentence.
Kris wrote:

Trying to parse this sentence makes me feel like I'm having a stroke.
I mean, it's only one word he mistyped :P

No mention of what'll happen to the dog...
I didn't even notice that it said 'posting the leaflet through the door' nor that I had typed 'doesn't' not 'doing' man it's too early for this shit.
Jem wrote:

Yeah, totally, it's just interesting how much a single word can screw up my brain's ability to read something. I also realise my tone in that post made it look like I was having a go but it was just meant to be an observation. :)
Bamba wrote:
Jem wrote:

Yeah, totally, it's just interesting how much a single word can screw up my brain's ability to read something. I also realise my tone in that post made it look like I was having a go but it was just meant to be an observation. :)

Lol I went back and struggled too, even knowing what it was meant to say
Who the frig puts their hand/finger through the letterbox anyway?

Dog bite victims I suppose.
Zardoz wrote:

You have to sometimes, if they're stiff or the item you're posting only just fits.
Lonewolves wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

You have to sometimes, if they're stiff or the item you're posting only just fits.

Indeed, sometimes when it's a little stiff you have to use the fingers to get it open...
Jem wrote:

Don't worry, he's not a Liberal.
Lonewolves wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

No, I don't.
Can't say we've really noticed the trump/kim extravaganza this week. The roads have been a lot quieter but but i think that is more to do with this being the local school holiday - a lot of people are out of the country this week. Perhaps the Singapore government planned it that way....
Yeah, did they not tell you? All the rest of the world got together and we're going to nuke it while they're both in the same place.
Why nuke, just a standard airstrike should be sufficient; less collateral damage and whatnot.
Because it's the only way to be sure.
We've got to get rid of the nukes.
They've left. You missed your chance.
MrChris wrote:
They've left. You missed your chance.

To be honest, they were a secondary target.
Latest stupid toy that I've bought:

https://wowgoboard.com/collections/wowg ... skateboard

Can't fucking wait!
I've ordered a ratchet spanner and motor grip pliers.
Sweet, you going to leave them stock or get into the whole ratchet spanner modding scene?
Stock for a while until I get a feel for it.
Quote:
Saturday night there was such a big commotion at the top end of the village that two police cars and a Black Maria attended to break up the disturbance

What the hell is a Black Maria? Is it some sort of local vigilante group of superheroes?
Cras wrote:
Quote:
Saturday night there was such a big commotion at the top end of the village that two police cars and a Black Maria attended to break up the disturbance

What the hell is a Black Maria? Is it some sort of local vigilante group of superheroes?

Maybe it's a typo and it was a black Morris Marina.
MaliA wrote:
People dressed as Nazis no longer an issue

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n ... _violence/

Next year, they should attempt to emulate Moscow's VE day celebrations. Apparently the entire city went on a hell of a bender and the great metropolis was drunk dry.
PSA: Father's day on sunday so amazon prime tat and a card now to stay in the will.
Just goes to show, you can have too much hair and still be very good at something.

Autotune, mainly.
Look at the size of this beast that I found in my mom and dad's loft!
Is that Gaz's 20p?
Looks like a normal size coin to me, difficult to tell as we don't know the scale of the insect.
Can we get a grasshopper for scale?
There's a famous (ish) person within 10 yards of me.

Guess who!
Dr Richard Gaywood
No. First clue: He's wearing a yellow tie
Page 5 of 100 [ 4953 posts ]