Point and Click
Click me baby one more time
There's something very comforting about playing a good point and click game. They're sedate. You take them at your own pace, and there's never a need to rush.

Because of their sedate nature, the environments are often lush and lovely to look at.

Then this caught my eye: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/dropsy/

Looks potentially bonkers and is also open world, so you explore at will and piece things together yourself. Which could be great or incredibly unsatisfactory.
I didn't get on with Dropsy.
Neither did I, I couldn't work out what the fuck I was supposed to do. I was playing it on my phone so it's possible that it's because of a cramped mobile interface or something but it didn't click with me at all.
Thimbleweed Park is apparently the most recent hotness in the P&C genre so maybe look at that?
Bamba wrote:
Neither did I, I couldn't work out what the fuck I was supposed to do. I was playing it on my phone so it's possible that it's because of a cramped mobile interface or something but it didn't click with me at all.

Arf!

I've downloaded it on PC, going to give it a go.

Having started the topic I began musing on my favourite P'n'C. I always thought it was Curse of Monkey Island. But, controversially, I think it's actually The Dig.

I know it's not the best, but there was something about it that really captured my imagination as a youth. There were times when I genuinely felt I was learning about a new alien civilization.
Bamba wrote:
Thimbleweed Park is apparently the most recent hotness in the P&C genre so maybe look at that?

Will do!
Day of the tentacle, beneath a steel sky and full throttle were my jam, however the first broken sword was the best.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]