Solo: A Star Wars Story
I have really good feeling...
... about this

Looks like fun!
Looks like they're playing up some old-fashioned Western tropes in the trailer, which I am totally onboard with.
I will find it hard to get on board as the main protagonist cannot die.
https://entertainment.theonion.com/fans ... 1825112914

Quote:
Fans Excited As ‘Solo’ Trailer Sheds Light On Specifically How It Will Suck

NEW YORK—Expressing their excitement at the preview of the latest installment in the popular franchise, self-proclaimed Star Wars fans told reporters Monday that they were blown away by a newly released Solo trailer that sheds light on specifically how the upcoming film will suck. “In the past, they’ve teased at the way the new movie is going to completely blow, but the full-length trailer really shows so much more about how shitty and wooden Alden Ehrenreich will be as a young Han Solo working his way through a boilerplate origin story,” said fan Lynn Hayes, noting that while the producers have provided hints at the way Solo would be a giant crock of shit—such as substantial script rewrites and the original directors being fired mid-shoot—it was a “real treat” to see the new trailer reveal so much about how the cast’s total lack of chemistry and the cringe-inducing dialogue would make the film a complete train wreck. “The teaser definitely stoked a lot of speculation about whether the movie would be mediocre because of generic characters like Therm Scissorpunch, Ron Howard’s uneven direction, or meaningless fan service like showing Chewbacca hugging his wife. It’s cool to know that it’s all of those things, and a lot more, that are really going to make this movie fucking garbage.” Hayes was, however, worried the trailer might contain spoilers that rob fans of experiencing a surge of hollow disappointment while watching Solo for the first time.

I literally cannot tell if they're satirising the film, satirising obsessive Star Wars fans who have pre-decided it will be bad, or both.

"Therm Scissorpunch" is unambiguously and objectively fucking awful though.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Mate...

Or, alternatively...
MaliA wrote:
I will find it hard to get on board as the main protagonist cannot die.

Torchwood was good though.
DavPaz wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Mate...

Or, alternatively...

I'm quite fond of Yarael Poof
Originally from[1] the Outer Rim[5] world of Quermia.
I think that looks pretty good from the trailer, I don't really get all the butthurthate it's getting in various places on the web.
I like Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I might enjoy this.
I'm super-hyped for this. Definitely going to be downloading it the instant there's a decent copy.
DavPaz wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Mate...

Or, alternatively...

“Other things that are also shit” is not a defence of further shitness.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Mate...

Or, alternatively...

“Other things that are also shit” is not a defence of further shitness.

Just establishing form ;)
Trooper wrote:
I think that looks pretty good from the trailer, I don't really get all the butthurthate it's getting in various places on the web.

I think it’s from the massive trouble that the shooting of the movie went through. Sets expectations. I agree the trailer looks fun.

Plus it is cool to hate Star Wars now.
Trooper knows, he's wrong about TLJ like some sort of trendy person.
That works for me. Looks fun!
Got my vote!
I'll watch it.
JBR wrote:
Got my vote!

got my axe...
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ]