Stardew Valley
Cras wrote:
Does food go off?

No. I once got "mmm, smells fresh" as a comment when delivering someone a lobster that had been in a chest, outside, at room temperature, for a year.
Cras wrote:
Does food go off?

No, but when you cook it will draw ingredients from your fridge as well as your inventory, whereas if you e.g. have chests of ingredients in your house they are ignored.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I have a paltry four iridium sprinklers

You may know this already but you can buy them from
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Krobus in the sewer on Fridays
Jem wrote:
Cras wrote:
Does food go off?

No, but when you cook it will draw ingredients from your fridge as well as your inventory, whereas if you e.g. have chests of ingredients in your house they are ignored.

Oooh, that's handy.
When do you get the sewer key? I've had

the cutscene where the kids say Gunther has it
but nothing since.
This is a thread I’d really, really like to put on ignore.

All the Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing and Legend of River King games ATE MY LIFE, and I must not look at this as the pull towards selling my child and entering hermitage is too real.
Jem wrote:
You may know this already but you can buy them from
Krobus in the sewer on Fridays

That's where all four came from -- I'm hoarding the bars for my tool upgrades.
Cras wrote:
When do you get the sewer key? I've had

the cutscene where the kids say Gunther has it
but nothing since.

After 60 donations to the museum. I donated everything as soon as possible but it still took ages.

Learn from my mistakes, though: don't donate your first Prismatic Shard. Hang on to it until you get to the desert. You need one for a puzzle there, and it has a sweet-assed reward.
TIL there's a desert.
Mimi wrote:

All the Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing and Legend of River King games ATE MY LIFE, and I must not look at this as the pull towards selling my child and entering hermitage is too real.

I'm honestly surprised you don't play it Mimi, as I think of you every time I turn it on :luv:
Jem wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I'm honestly surprised you don't play it Mimi, as I think of you every time I turn it on :luv:

Theoretically, is it a game that can be played on PS4?
Theoretically it very much is, yes
And practically.
It might even be on sale.
So far Mimi has managed to move the table in the house next to the bed. Before that she took the bowl off the table and threw it in the bin.

A man came and told her to go fishing. She caught a 1 inch sardine and promptly threw it in the bin.

She asks if there is a way to look up the controls or whether anyone can link to a guide for how to play.
I've not used any guides so can't recommend but there's loads out there.
Mimi, get Russell to drive and shout instructions at him.
DavPaz wrote:
Mimi, get Russell to drive and shout instructions at him.

I don’t think I could play it in the car.
I played to about day... 12? I don’t know, it’s oast my bedtime. I keep throwing things in the bin, but apart from that it’s Harvest Moon lovely.

It’s my perfect kind of game. I’m having a bit of trouble fishing. Do I press as soon as the exclamation point comes up, or do I wait for it to say ‘hit’?
It only says "hit" when you've pressed the button as the exclamation mark comes up.
Ah! Gotcha. Mostly I just catch wet newspapers and old cds.
Mimi wrote:

Giphy "crying native american":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/yoLx3RhJpmR0I/giphy-loop.mp4
Mimi wrote:

Keep those. Particularly keep the CDs and the broken glasses.
D’oh. I put them in the bin.

I’ll get myself a junk chest
Is that so I can recycle them later?
I need to start properly organising stuff, more chests is a good route I think.
Mimi wrote:
Is that so I can recycle them later?

Yep
I just unlocked

Junimo huts

...and the other (very spendy!) stuff you get from the same place. This changes everything, again!
Finally caught some fish: about deck or eight smallmotg bass from the big pond south of the farm. I haven’t got any better, but those fish jump around less.
I have been watching Mimi play, apart from a couple of goes to try and catch a fish. There's so much to do in this game!
Mr Russell wrote:
There's so much to do in this game!

It's deceptive, because it starts simple and you're constrained much more by energy than time. Then you play a bit more and the game opens up in every direction and suddenly you're planning each day out to minimise walking time because there's tons of things to get done.
Once I place cheats and similar on my land, can I move them without demolishing them?

I accidentally hit a brand new one with an axe yesterday...
Cheating already? Shocking.
Plants no, but anything built yes
Brill, ta. That was supppsed to say ‘chests’.
You have to empty a chest before you can pick it back up, though, which can be tedious.

Also, small correct to Cras, it's not quite everything: you can move fences if you just put them down but if you hit them with the axe later on you won't get the fence piece back. It's lost.
Mimi wrote:
Once I place cheats and similar on my land, can I move them without demolishing them?

That is how you move them, though.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
suddenly you're planning each day out to minimise walking time because there's tons of things to get done.

Which reminds me, everyone should make sure they have auto run turned on in the settings because otherwise the character walks super slow >:(
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mimi wrote:

That is how you move them, though.

Ohhhhhhhh! I didn’t realise that. What a numpty.
Jem wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
suddenly you're planning each day out to minimise walking time because there's tons of things to get done.

Which reminds me, everyone should make sure they have auto run turned on in the settings because otherwise the character walks super slow >:(

And, on console, "show hit target" or whatever it's called that makes a red box appear.
It’s summer and the bees buzzing are a bit oppressive without the music. Where’s the music gone? Anyway, can I get stung by bees?
The music comes and goes. You can't get stung.
Ta, I just want to check before I go about shaking bushes or scything away the landscape that I’m not going to get chased by a swarm. I can see all those tantalising expansion points: blocked caves, broken rail carts, broken bridges and avalanches-over paths, and that bus...
Mimi wrote:
Ta, I just want to check before I go about shaking bushes or scything away the landscape that I’m not going to get chased by a swarm. I can see all those tantalising expansion points: blocked caves, broken rail carts, broken bridges and avalanches-over paths, and that bus...

Haha yes, you're in for some treats :luv:
Running it through Steam on a mac, the 'normal' version launched rather than the beta. All my progress, gone.

Stuck the password back in, re-enabling the beta, and everything back. So don't panic if it happens to you!
I dug up a trilobite today. Best.

Though I can’t display it in my house. Worst.
Page 2 of 3 [ 116 posts ]