Stardew Valley
When we got back from visiting family last week I decided to start Stardew afresh now that I’d managed to work out what I was doing and refreshed my Harvest Moon senses. So I’ve clocked up 30 hours in the last ten days and am in winter of my first year. I think I’m at level 85-90 in the mines, though that’s my weak spot as I can get a bit panicked when monsters swarm, so the next few levels will be tough. Going to start concentrating on bundles in the second year. Completed the craft room to open quarry, but need to get my produce/artisan/fish etc ones complete too. I haven’t really looked in on the ‘relationship’ bit at all, but then I never did when playing Harvest Moon, either. It’s a super little game though. Thanks Jem, especially, as I think it’s what you said that gave me that nudge to play. I’ve not really played anything since Darwin was born, so it’s great.
YAY! I'm glad you're enjoying it :luv:
Mimi wrote:
I think I’m at level 85-90 in the mines, though that’s my weak spot as I can get a bit panicked when monsters swarm

You get a good weapon at level 90 that'll help with this.
Mimi wrote:
Completed the craft room to open quarry, but need to get my produce/artisan/fish etc ones complete too.

The quarry is pretty underwhelming. The pantry reward is killer though -- worth prioritising that one. The boiler room one is handy too.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I think I’m at level 85-90 in the mines, though that’s my weak spot as I can get a bit panicked when monsters swarm

Ah, fabbo. I’ll concentrate on that tonight.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Completed the craft room to open quarry, but need to get my produce/artisan/fish etc ones complete too.

The quarry is pretty underwhelming. The pantry reward is killer though -- worth prioritising that one. The boiler room one is handy too.

Yes, tge resoawn rate is slow, but still, it’s somethjng for nothing.
Mimi wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Ah, fabbo. I’ll concentrate on that tonight.

Dammit... Russell just reminded me it is excercise class tonight :(
Switch multiplayer update comes out tomorrow :)

In other news, I have managed to get over my entirely rational hatred for some of the game design decisions and control scheme choices in this game and have started playing it again, and am actively enjoying it.

I feel like I'm hilariously inefficient at making money, though.
Check out the tree ornaments I got for MrsDoc!
GazChap wrote:
Switch multiplayer update comes out tomorrow :)

In other news, I have managed to get over my entirely rational hatred for some of the game design decisions and control scheme choices in this game and have started playing it again, and am actively enjoying it.

I feel like I'm hilariously inefficient at making money, though.

"actively enjoying" == has clocked up over 65hrs of gameplay over Christmas

:DD
Bamba wrote:

I totes want to get it, but also I want to get some work done this month so I'm just going to have to pretend it doesn't exist on android yet.
Jem wrote:
Bamba wrote:

I totes want to get it, but also I want to get some work done this month so I'm just going to have to pretend it doesn't exist on android yet.

:this:
I caved last night. The controls are surprisingly good and the saves are super fast, unlike the Switch version. Not touched it today as I still have loads on but it's tempting me....
Page 3 of 3 [ 116 posts ]