Cotta9e
No. Sleeps. ‘Til Cottage!
Fun Sally!
I'll ask. Depends if she can get Friday off work.
Now that I’ve remembered to take note of the dates I’m going to put in my holiday request!
At this point though the only reason I won’t be coming at least for a bit is if I’m put on the Saturday rota for that weekend, and they won’t let me swap it.
Currently ten people have paid me.

This is insufficient people.
Curiosity wrote:

I paid you x2, can't remember if I told you.
Joans wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

I paid you x2, can't remember if I told you.

You have indeed (see first post).
I'm not reading 1(st) post.
Bobby has moved to the Good List.
Why isn't the Scottish massive representing?

@bamba @krazywookie @anyoneelsescottish
Consider me a "shaky maybe"
DavPaz wrote:
Consider me a "shaky maybe"

I consider you a probably.

:D
Grim... wrote:

I'm not because I'm an antisocial prick.

Real talk: I went on a big group holiday last year that involved everyone staying in a single house and it was a real struggle for me mentally. I'm not saying The Cottage would be the same or anything, but it's made me very wary of that kind of situation. Intellectually I realise I'm being a twat and missing out on a great time, but emotionally some part of me apparently isn't convinced. Apologies for being such a tit!
Fully understand where you're coming from.

The benefit of having the quiet second cottage is you can disappear there whenever you need to, or you could just take a trip to experience the ASDAs.

Nobody minds, and I've always found having some quiet time to myself (or a trip to the world-renowned ASDAs) makes the weekend more enjoyable.
Apart from a few group events (Saturday dinner, Saturday quiz, Friday night Beex Drink, Sunday morning movie) you're generally doing what you like. No-one is going to care if you want to sit and read a book.

That said, I totally understand if you don't want to come.
It is a bit full on, which is why I tend to leave on Sun evenings these days, but yeah, it's what you make it.

Maybe not drinking a lot this year will help.
To be fair, I think MeatUp made him realise what a bunch of arseholes we really are.
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Real talk: I went on a big group holiday last year that involved everyone staying in a single house and it was a real struggle for me mentally. I'm not saying The Cottage would be the same or anything, but it's made me very wary of that kind of situation. Intellectually I realise I'm being a twat and missing out on a great time, but emotionally some part of me apparently isn't convinced. Apologies for being such a tit!

I went off and hid in my room with my laptop last year and nobody noticed, so don't discount on the basis of needing space or whatever.

It'd be great to see you :luv: (and I'm not just saying that so I can watch you unbuckle your belt multiple times over the course of a weekend :DD )
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:

This is pretty much why I haven't been to any kind of get-together too, despite having met a few of you all in person already.
Jem wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I went off and hid in my room with my laptop last year and nobody noticed, so don't discount on the basis of needing space or whatever.

It'd be great to see you :luv: (and I'm not just saying that so I can watch you unbuckle your belt multiple times over the course of a weekend :DD )

Did you, i did not notice :P
I do take my kindle and find a quiet corner. The cottage can be quite relaxing too
I never felt any pressure to participate in anything. Except the 1st Annual Terrible Amiga Games Showcase featuring Granny's Garden, educational software for the ages. That's mandatory, dammit.
Oh and the Dave team in beer pong.

We kicked ass.

O/
No beer pong this year :(
I have never been able to get a moment's peace and quiet at the cottage because wherever I am is where the motherfucking party is, goddamnit.
MaliA wrote:
Ahem?

You were invited! You were playing spaceships with some non-Dave I think
DavPaz wrote:
Oh and the Dave team in beer pong.

We kicked ass.

O/

\O
I'd love to but I'm a busy motherfucker.
Actually, October's pretty quiet. I'll get considering.
Cras wrote:
I have never been able to get a moment's peace and quiet at the cottage because wherever I am is where the motherfucking party is, goddamnit.

Especially mid-afternoon on the Friday :D
Holiday request accepted.
Can you DM your details, Curio? I’ll send the money for myp too.
Sally and Myp added to the Good List.
Just Sal really. I should never be on the good list.
Lonewolves wrote:
Just Sal really. I should never be on the good list.

Her reflected glory just about covers you.
Having cashflow issues atm. Will pay asap
Mr Dave added to the Good List.
I have paid.. Get me on that good list! (Providing you've received it of course...)
Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about this I'm just still trying to figure out if I can afford it with the big American road-trip coming up in mid-September. I really want to go, but I'll have to wait a little closer to the date to see how my funds are, if that's okay?
The Vision is on The Good List!

Wouldn’t you like to be on that list too?

Yes?

Come to the cottage!
Any more people want to pay? I know a few were waiting until after payday to do so.

Thanks!
*checks bank account*

In other news, does anyone know how much a cab from the station to the cottage costs?
Curiosity wrote:
*checks bank account*

In other news, does anyone know how much a cab from the station to the cottage costs?

It's free if I come and pick you up.
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
*checks bank account*

I’ll be there normal time, but someone else might arrive late, and people may have had a drink.
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
*checks bank account*

I’ll be there normal time, but someone else might arrive late, and people may have had a drink.

I would guess around a tenner.
I have a Sega Saturn, two multi taps and Saturn Bomberman. Would anyone be interested in a 10 player Bomberman match?

I think I have enough joypads too...
There are increasing probabilities I can make this. Will know for sure end of next week, with transfer of brass if it be so.
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
*checks bank account*

Assuming I'm there already, I'm happy to go out and pick people up as I won't be drinking. I don't know where the station actually is, but that's a solvable problem :D
do we have enough people for cottage 2? when do we need to cancel?
Page 3 of 16 [ 771 posts ]