Celebrity Deathlist 2018
Starting a little late
Hearthly wrote:
He's quite famous in the nerd world. For being a racist arsehole.

Aye, I got that from the posts up-thread, but I mean the article itself doesn’t seem to mention his field of interest or work at all, which I thought was odd.
OCUK was pretty much the first enthusiast PC nerd site there was. I mean yeah, you had DABs etc but they did not promote overclocking nor sell tools to do it with (mod kits) or overclocked bundles. The company did very well, then Mr Proudfoot put his foot it in a few times showing the world who he really was. It wasn't just his racist thread about certain types of people but he used to talk to his customers like crap as well and constantly post things like "Look at the new Porsche I just bought with all of the profit I made from you people" etc.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015 ... residents/

That goes into a little bit more detail... But yeah, basically the company was on the verge of collapse and I think he knew it too so he sold it to Caseking.de and now it's easily one of the best sites to order from.

Hearthly wrote:
He's quite famous in the nerd world. For being a racist arsehole.

Yeah I posted something along those lines on other forums but it's all been deleted. Seems he has control, even in death.

devilman wrote:
To quote my brother this morning - "Used to be my boss. Right twat an all."

Yeah so I hear. I have heard plenty of testimonials from people who worked for him. Not a very nice person, at all really.

LOL I just noticed that the article I posted in this post calls him an immigrant. Oh, the irony.......

Ooo it gets weirder !

I would just like you to say that myself and the family are all in shock and are heartbroken at his passing.

The hole in our lives will be immeasurable. He loved Jersey and was very passionate about all aspects of life on the island.

Some didn’t agree with his views but I ask those people to be respectful at this difficult time.

He was liked and respected by the majority and is deeply missed already by myself, his Sons Nathan & Aaron and his beautiful baby girl Emma.

Darling Mark, you were taken too soon. We will love you forever!

– CLAIRE PROUDFOOT

That was not in the article earlier.
Yeah I meet quite a few people that call themselves expats, and I always make a point to just say immigrant instead. Riles a few people up, but fuck em.
LewieP wrote:
Riles a few people up, but fuck em.

(C) apod
I really feel sad when I see this thread rise back to the top.

And yet I'm doing it.

Stephen Hawking at 76 :( :( :(
Fuck. Another great one gone and it ain’t often I feel the need to say that. RIP Prof Hawking.
A truly great man. I well remember being absolutely blown away in ‘90 reading A Brief History of Time; a book which reignited my interest in Physics, undoubtedly having an influence on my life thereafter. A truly inspirational person in just about the most profound measure imaginable.

RIP sir.
LewieP wrote:
Yeah I meet quite a few people that call themselves expats, and I always make a point to just say immigrant instead. Riles a few people up, but fuck em.

Good thing i'm not alone in this. The other day someone on my reddit feed was asking for other "American expats in Lisbon". He was rightfully humiliated with responses such as "Expat??? Oh....you mean immigrant?". Kept me in a good mood.
Ack. Even though he defied all expectations and lived far longer than he had any real right to, it's still a body blow.
Yeah, really inspirational guy. Sad loss to humanity.
Jim Bowen, gone at 80.
Like the BBC does for the Queen, my tribute video was already prepared.

WARNING - Contains strong affected Northern accents.

Keep out of the Blackhole and into the red,
You get nothing in this game for 2 that are dead.
GazChap wrote:
Jim Bowen, gone at Treble 20, Double 10.

FTFY.

I nearly went Double Top, Double Top, then I realised "you don't get anything for two in a bed".
I like the idea of him telling Stephen Hawking he could have won a motorboat.

Also, there's a something-something-dead-at-eighty pun in there somewhere, but it's late.
Joans wrote:
Also, there's a something-something-dead-at-eighty pun in there somewhere, but it's late.

If only he were German.
Cras wrote:
Joans wrote:

If only he were German.

*Checks wikipedia* Damn.
Joans wrote:
I like the idea of him telling Stephen Hawking he could have won a motorboat.

Then you could make a pun, dead at eighty.
JohnCoffey wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43596854

RIP Greengrass :(

No, it’s Selwyn Froggitt.
Huh, he didn't finish on a double.
He did, however, die at the highest score possible with one dart.
GazChap wrote:
He did, however, die at the highest score possible with one dart.

:DD

Worth the wait for that.....
R. Lee Ermey, 74.
It appears he finally had a major malfunction of his own.
Dale Winton has checked out.
Bleeding Nora, didn't believe it when it wasn't on the Beeb front page (I am in Australia, which might affect what I see there), so was just ready to congratulate you on the line.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43818226
He looked very ill when I last saw him on In it to Win it. To be fair, he looked pissed.
Grim... wrote:
Dale Winton has checked out.

Nice one.

I remember falling for the wedding thing back in the day.
RRP Dale Winton.
GazChap wrote:
RRP Dale Winton.

Oh,super.
Sky news reporting that Avicii is dead :( no other details yet.
Malc wrote:

BBC, also
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:

BBC, also

The BBC is dead? Oh man.. It was just getting good as well.
Am I just getting old or am I supposed to know about 28 year old Swiss DJs?
Hearthly wrote:

Why not both?
Hearthly wrote:

Avicii is pretty famous. A lot of chart hits.
Is Top Of The Pops still a thing? Charts?
I imagine Hearthly is a keen follower of the charts.. Sitting there every Sunday waiting for them to come in, ready with a P90 to tape them to play in the car.
Hearthly wrote:

Spotify have that covered already on their opening page.

Attachment:
spotify.JPG
It’s ok Hearthly, I hadn’t heard of him either. Though, I bought perhaps my third or fourth lottery ticket ever on Wednesday based on my reckoning it was my lucky day because they were playing Cat Stevens in Morrisons whilst I was shopping.
God damnit, Avicii.
Hearthly wrote:

You've probably heard some of his songs on the radio at some point.
Bruno Sammartino died the other day
nickachu wrote:
You've probably heard some of his songs on the radio at some point.

Unless Radcliffe & Maconie play him on Radio 6 (hint, they don't), I won't have done :)

I hardly ever listen to radio, just Radio 6 on catch-up at the weekend sometimes.

When I'm in the car I simply have trance on.
I have had the 'This Is Avicii' playlist on Spotify this afternoon whilst playing Burnout Paradise Remastered. He made good melodic pop music with a trancey vibe, and now he is dead.

I don't recognise any of the tracks.

His music is a great accompaniment to Burnout Paradise Remastered, and I think would be great driving music in a real car when the weather is as nice as boobs and you're like dead happy about things and that.

Until you remember he died at 28, which might take the happy edge off things a bit.

Overall I think his music is nice and I like it.
Page 2 of 6 [ 296 posts ]