Celebrity Deathlist 2018
Starting a little late
Ben Daglish was a genius, incredible how he squeezed those sounds from the SID chip.
Those fucking jumps across the river using a clonky fixed forced perspective. One pixel out? Dead.

And this was before you could just Google shit.
Hearthly wrote:
Those fucking jumps across the river using a clonky fixed forced perspective. One pixel out? Dead.

And this was before you could just Google shit.

7 year old me disliked it and gave up.
Zardoz wrote:
Ben Daglish was a genius, incredible how he squeezed those sounds from the SID chip.

Interesting fact, fact fans. It was actually a manufacturing defect and bugs which composers learned how to exploit that led to some of the SID chip's most memorable early triumphs. Commodore 'fixed' this later on, which is why the later revisions of the C64 don't sound as good.
I'm totally putting Last Ninja on the Retropie for cottage
DavPaz wrote:

Which version?
We had the BBC Micro one, so anything that isn't four colour mode 5 is just not going to be the same.
Kern wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Which version?
We had the BBC Micro one, so anything that isn't four colour mode 5 is just not going to be the same.

C64, reckon
DavPaz wrote:

Have the music yes - however expect people to get frustrated by the game (also if your going C64 then you will need the keyboard to use items)

If people are really going to play it then for the water parts the main thing to be aware of is
If your standing and have not fallen into the water then pressing the button (with nothing else) will make you take an attack stance (and you cannot fall from this even if your feet are then in the water) so you walk to an edge and then press the button to prepare yourself to jump
While standing like this holding the button and pushing up performs a long jump / pushing right performs a short jump - I'm pretty sure you can do all of the stepping stone parts with just those two *DONT* just walk up to the edge and jump thinking you'll make it - take each one as a short set of jumps - you can edge forward by moving the joystick slightly in the right direction and then pressing the button to get your stance again.
The diagonal does a medium jump too.

This is my most interesting post.
I don't think I've ever played the Last Ninja you know. The C64 kind of passed me by back in the day.

I think I'll rectify that today.
TheVision wrote:
I don't think I've ever played the Last Ninja you know. The C64 kind of passed me by back in the day.

I was too busy being a baby.

Some things never change.
TheVision wrote:

I think I'll rectify that today.

I had The Last Ninja 2 on the speccy, including the free ninja mask and plastic shuriken. Although I spent more time playing with the shuriken than the game.
We got the last ninja 3 on the amiga with something

My defining memory of it is running off cliffs backwards because the controls were not good.
Mr Dave wrote:

My defining memory of it is running off cliffs backwards because the controls were not good.

Turns out I've been getting Last Ninja mixed up with Last Samurai. I had the latter on Amiga and it was dog shit.
Satsuma wrote:

Wait fucking what?
Findus Fop wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Turns out I've been getting Last Ninja mixed up with Last Samurai. I had the latter on Amiga and it was dog shit.

Do you mean the First Samurai? I don't remember a last samurai although, it does sound like it should be a game.

Anyway, the first samurai was ace!
TheVision wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Do you mean the First Samurai? I don't remember a last samurai although, it does sound like it should be a game.

Anyway, the first samurai was ace!

Turns out that's exactly what I meant. Tis the First Samurai. I stand by the rest of my statement.
MaliA wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Wait fucking what?

From the manual. Jumping: Clear as mud.

http://www.c64sets.com/details_db.html?id=5290
Scott Wilson from The Walking Dead (although I recognise him from CSI)
He was in loads of stuff. My mother knew who he was.

Very sad. I loved him in TWD. Apparently he was filming flashback episodes just before he died too.
Danny Leiner, director of Dude Where's My Car.
Douglas Rain (The actor who voiced HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey)
Wait! Fucking yaaaaaassssssss
Malc wrote:
Douglas Rain (The actor who voiced HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey)

devilman wrote:
Stan Lee :(

Can't quite believe that...
:(
Aw man, that’s gutted me.
How did I not put an entry in this year? I was sure I did and I was positive I'd have had Stan Lee in that list!
Wait, Stan Lee want already dead? I was sure he died last year!
Does it still count if he shows up alive in a future issue, and explains it was a StanBot that died?
I wonder how many cameos he has filmed already.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I wonder how many cameos he has filmed already.

I read it was at least 2, Captain Marvel and Avengers 4
Grim... wrote:
Wait! Fucking yaaaaaassssssss

Don’t worry, they’ll use Star Wars Cushing/FisherTM technology to ensure he still plays his MCU cameos.
Is it though?
Lonewolves wrote:
Is it though?

i like comics and boobs, so works for me..
John Wilson :( :(

Had a stroke at his home in Thailand apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46196890

He had the most infectious laugh and smile.
William Goldman, novelist and screenwriter. Wrote The Princess Bride, book and screenplay, Marathon Man, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and All The Presidents Men, to name a few.
He also wrote a couple of very amusing books on screenwriting and his experiences in Hollywood
Bernardo Bertolucci, Last Tango in Paris director, dies aged 77
No-one going to mention Nic Roeg? Directed Don’t Look Now, Performance, Walkabout, The Witches among others.
:(

What a terrible way to go for some one who created what he did :( so sad.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

More points for Grim...
whoah, we're half way there....
Page 5 of 6 [ 296 posts ]