Celebrity Deathlist 2018
Starting a little late
MaliA wrote:

Gutted.
It's weird how some celebrity deaths make you stop and think more than others.
Barry Chuckle is one of them for me, not sure why, maybe due to my age and growing up with the chuckle brothers being on TV, or that him and Paul seemed to be genuinely nice people, with a great camaraderie.

To you Barry, to you...

Tynchi taken from us too soon rip in piece
Heard about this on the way out today. Gutted tbh. Totally echo what Trooper said. Just gutted :(
Oh man, those 80s/90s wrestlers are dropping fast. Such a low life expectancy.
Hit his head after a fall at home, apparently
Aretha Franklin :( Not that surprising after the news earlier in the week, but still sad to hear the news.
DavPaz wrote:
Oh man, those 80s/90s wrestlers are dropping fast. Such a low life expectancy.

Yeah, funny that. Sad to hear though, I absolutely loved The Hart Foundation. That was right around the time my mate got cable TV (first down the street) and I used to go to his house, order a pizza and watch wrestling. Oh how I wish I could do something so simple these days and get the same level of pleasure from it. I really felt like I was king of the world.
I'm gonna be really sad when they go to the soul food place in the Blues Brothers from now on.
Mind you, the Blues Brothers Band (movie version) is looking a bit... Short-handed nowadays. :(

Only Elwood, Blue Lou, Willie, Murphy, and Steve left.
Cii Chi will be distraught.
Stefan Karl Stefansson who played Robbie Rotten in Lazytown.
Warhead wrote:
Stefan Karl Stefansson who played Robbie Rotten in Lazytown.

Aww, I quite enjoyed Lazytown a few years back :(
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/blake-7-star- ... ccounter=1

If this was your thing. My old nextdoor neighbour used to be obsessed with it.
That's Jacqueline Pearce from Blake 7, for the lazy.
Grim... wrote:

And Doctor Who. Both stars of the Big Finish War Doctor stories dead now. :(
Grim... wrote:

Also, inventor of servers and LANs.
Excellent timing, amex
RIP British Airways
Liz Fraser, supporting actress in lots of Carry On and other comedy films and loads of TV appearances.
This is the kind of heavy-handed moderating I'd like the next elections to address. Surely it's been six months by now?
Dudley Sutton. I’ve got the right thread this time I think.
Dennis Norden, aged 96. Responsible for me getting in trouble at school for saying cockup, I'm sure he did some other stuff too...
Malc wrote:
Dennis Morden, aged 96. Responsible for me getting in trouble at school for saying cockup, I'm sure he did some other stuff too...

Next up, Jodie cockfosters.
:(

Al Matthews (who played Apone in Aliens among other things) died aged 75 in Spain

https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/09/24/in ... 31154.html
:( Game over, sarge.
Zardoz wrote:
The superb Carlos Ezquerra of 2000ad fame :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ezquerra

Fuck.sorry, that should be Drokk!
Super upset about that one. The Last Ninja will forever be the greatest game ever made and the music was one of the main reasons. I’ve listened to the music for the first three levels (and loading screens) innumerable amounts of time. RIP.
Satsuma wrote:
Super upset about that one. The Last Ninja will forever be the greatest game ever made and the music was one of the main reasons. I’ve listened to the music for the first three levels (and loading screens) innumerable amounts of time. RIP.

I used to just put the tape in for TLN just to listen to the music - when i eventually got a disk drive for my C64 I had a disk that just had the musical files ripped from it so i could put that in and just listen to it over and over again - it is incredible

I was always a fan of his intro music to Super Scramble Simulator on the speccy
I'm genuinely quite sad about Ben Daglish dying, he wrote the soundtrack of my youth in a lot of ways, along with Martin Galway, Rob Hubbard, Tim Follin, Dave Whittaker et al

I know you're supposed to be a Spectrum fan if you're a Brit but I always preferred the C64 as its sound hardware was so much stronger, and the miracles these guys could work with the SID chip blew me away then, and still blow me away now.

I'd often load a game I didn't even want to play, just to listen to the loader music, and then the title/game music.

Ben seemed to be a genuinely nice guy as well.

The Last Ninja remains one of the finest game soundtracks ever created. I actually didn't care much for the game itself, I played it for the music.
I got stuck in screen 4 where you had to jump a river.
Page 4 of 6 [ 296 posts ]