Celebrity Deathlist 2018
Starting a little late
Hearthly wrote:
Is Top Of The Pops still a thing? Charts?

I think the kids count the number of "downloads" that "MP3s" have these days, rather than there being a proper chart as such. :shrug:
Verne Troyer dead at 48 :(
Firefox wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
Is Top Of The Pops still a thing? Charts?

I think the kids count the number of "downloads" that "MP3s" have these days, rather than there being a proper chart as such. :shrug:

They still have a proper chart. Downloads have been part of it for about a decade, but streaming counts too now.

It's on a Friday.
Rick Dickinson :(

Gareth Halfacree has posted an article originally written for CPC in memoriam.

https://medium.com/@ghalfacree/an-inter ... ea60537338
My wife told me that 'One of Avicii is dead, shame as I like their music'

Bless her, thinking it was a group.
Alex Ferguson has apparently been rushed to hospital.
LewieP wrote:
Alex Ferguson has apparently been rushed to hospital.

Brain haemorrhage. :(
Celebrity Still Alive List 2018.

For my entry I would like to choose Phillip Schofield.
Margot Kidder (Lois Lane from the 70s/80s Superman films)

Aged 69, no released cause of death atm.
Ugh. She was great. :(
I was just watching her on Smallville.
Peter Stringfellow
The original "Don't Eat before Reading" article from The New Yorker that eventually turned into Kitchen Confidential...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999 ... ading-this
Morte wrote:
The original "Don't Eat before Reading" article from The New Yorker that eventually turned into Kitchen Confidential...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999 ... ading-this

Thanks for this. Great read
He was definitely a Salad Cream kind of guy.
I like his advice on cooking steak..."Don't fucking touch it...don't prod it, don't poke it, don't even look at it"

It was also his opinion that the only cheese that should go on a burger are processed cheese slices
Morte wrote:
I like his advice on cooking steak..."Don't fucking touch it...don't prod it, don't poke it, don't even look at it"

It was also his opinion that the only cheese that should go on a burger are processed cheese slices

Entirely agree on the latter.
Cras wrote:
Morte wrote:

Entirely agree on the latter.

I'm sympathetic to that view, but having had blue cheese on there once I can't agree.
That's a shame, the murdering fucking cunt.
markg wrote:
That's a shame, the murdering fucking cunt.

The guy who exposed Savile has already tweeted he investigated him as part of Yewtree and had "compelling evidence" against him.
Jesus, I never knew he'd served time for murder until I Wikied it. I knew he was a sleazy bastard though.
Everyone's webcam sessions are now a bit safer, at least.
Matt "Guitar" Murphy.
Pundabaya wrote:
Matt "Guitar" Murphy.

Had a good run in him though, 88 ain't bad.
Leon "Vader" White :(
He tweeted a while ago about his health problems and said he didn't have long. Very sad.
Depressing about Harlan, I was just watching (for the umpteenth time) Dreams with Sharp Teeth earlier this week.
Warhead wrote:

I find it amusing that the headline says “Clangers co-creator...”, yet every single picture shows him with Bagpuss. He had a good innings I think and a decent legacy. RIP. I loved the Clangers and Bagpuss and bought all the videos for my daughter when she was younger.
Hearthly wrote:

Scary as I find her, the thought she was a zombie for a whole year is scarier still
It's a sad anniversary.
Hearthly wrote:
It's a sad anniversary.

Cobyn says it could be a bank holiday
Clive King, author of Stig of the Dump and loads of other books. :( Used to love that book, although 94 is a decent age.
Malc wrote:
Clive King, author of Stig of the Dump and loads of other books. :( Used to love that book, although 94 is a decent age.

I just opened this thread to post about him too then saw your post. I've not read many books in my lifetime, but I do remember us doing Stig of the Dump at primary school. :)
Nikolai Volkoff, Grandmaster Decay and Brickhouse Brown all died today.
Grim... wrote:
Grandmaster Decay

Crikey, they've not even buried him yet.

After that though, he will be W-O-R-M food.
Page 3 of 6 [ 296 posts ]