WongaWatch - The Grand Game Expenditure Thread 2018

How much do you expect you'll spend on games & consoles in 2018?
£0 - £1 - Yar, yar and/or freeware for me yo.  5%  [ 1 ]
£1 - £50  0%  [ 0 ]
£50 - £100  5%  [ 1 ]
£100 - £200 (~£12.50/month)  30%  [ 6 ]
£200 - £300  10%  [ 2 ]
£300 - £400  10%  [ 2 ]
£400 - £600 (~£50/month)  20%  [ 4 ]
£600 - £800  5%  [ 1 ]
£800 - £1000  0%  [ 0 ]
£1000 - £1200 (~£100/month)  5%  [ 1 ]
£1200 - £1500  10%  [ 2 ]
£1500 - £2000  0%  [ 0 ]
£2000 - £mental  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20
Loading times just give you a period to admire the vast array of LEDs in your rig. That's what they're there for, right?
Mr Dave wrote:
Loading times just give you a period to admire the vast array of LEDs in your rig. That's what they're there for, right?

They artificially added by old developers because they had to put up with loading from tapes and multiple floppy disk swapping. If they wanted to, all games would load in less than a second. But they want you to suffer as they did.
Bamba wrote:

I'm glad you included the link because that looks brilliant. What's that? Hal Laboratory inc? Sold!
TheVision wrote:
Bamba wrote:

I'm glad you included the link because that looks brilliant. What's that? Hal Laboratory inc? Sold!

I've played a few levels and it's pretty good fun, though I suspect the difficulty could curve pretty sharply.
zaphod79 wrote:

Noice. Loved the first game a lot.

I’ll definitely be plowing this one hard.
<4.49> Hollow (Switch)
The Last Of Us remastered <18.16>
<39.99> No Man's Sky - XBox One X Enhanced
<14.99> No Man's Sky, enhanced for PS4 Pro and my wallet.
I possibly should have checked how much it cost for PS4 Pro but the XB1X was already turned on.

Anyway, I got to experience REAL 4K NO MAN'S SKY for all of two minutes before turning it off because the framerate was shit, and switching to 'performance' mode.

Well worth an extra £25, I think.
Modern gaming, right there.
The frame rate is shit on a boggo PS4 too, if that makes you feel any better.
<14.99> Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
<49.99> Mario Tennis Aces for Nintendo Switch - installing now for me and Trousers to joust in a gentlemanly fashion over the weekend. (I won't play it until he gets here, so we're both going in blind.)
<11.99> Infinite Minigolf for XBox One. Me and Trousers agree it's fucking shit.

Do not buy Infinite Minigolf.
<2.49> Returner 77 for Android.
Hearthly wrote:
<11.99> Infinite Minigolf for XBox One. Me and Trousers agree it's fucking shit.

Do not buy Infinite Minigolf.

I bought Infinite Minigolf for the Switch, and can concur that it's shit.

First thing I noticed after starting it up was that on the menu screen it says something like "31,508 holes left to play" - that's not fucking infinite, is it?
<1.29> ICEY for Android.
<174.98> 2DS XL and Wario Ware Gold.
Dead Cells (Switch) - <22>
<15.99> The Last Of Us Remastered for PS4.
<7.77> - Humble Tabletop Bundle (thanks Doc)
zaphod79 wrote:
<7.77> - Humble Tabletop Bundle (thanks Doc)

<7.74> Humble Tabletop Bundle (suck it, Zaphod!)
<13.38> Two Point Hospital (PC)

Via this deal: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -few-hours

I'm basically just copying Gaywood now.
Grim... wrote:

I AM A THOUGHTLEADER

brb buying a black turtleneck
Like you don't already have one... :D
<13.38> two point hospital.

<9.99> Empyrion Galactic Survival.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I AM A THOUGHTLEADER

brb buying a black turtleneck

True Thought leaders bought it an hour before the price drop
I've spent another <538.25> since I last updated this. I've got lots of games... some special editions... some DLC... and some of which that I've actually played!
<17.27> - Dead Cells for the switch
Some serious PS4 shopping over the weekend.

<64.99> Spider-Man special fancy edition or something (shh, I know)
<12.99> The Jackbox Party Pack 4
<24.99> The Persistence
Under £400 with four months to go! Through necessity I seem to have seriously curbed my game-buying addiction.
Grim... wrote:
<64.99> Spider-Man special fancy edition or something (shh, I know)

It had better swing in through a window for that much.
Lonewolves wrote:
Under £400 with four months to go! Through necessity I seem to have seriously curbed my game-buying addiction.

Under £250 so far for me, which I'm pleased with. I've pretty much stopped buying cheapo Steam bundles as I know that realistically I'm not going to play them any time soon when I'm not even playing the higher priced stuff like Shenmue, FFX, EDF etc. The only gaming these days is Rocket League, so no extra spending needed right now.
devilman wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Under £250 so far for me, which I'm pleased with. I've pretty much stopped buying cheapo Steam bundles as I know that realistically I'm not going to play them any time soon when I'm not even playing the higher priced stuff like Shenmue, FFX, EDF etc. The only gaming these days is Rocket League, so no extra spending needed right now.

I seem to have developed a level of discipline I didn't posses in years gone by wherein I'll buy cheap Steam bundles but only up to a point; I'll then stop for a while until I've actually played a majority of the backlog before I pick up anything new. My PC backlog is sitting at two games right now (one of them I got for free recently and the other one I might just uninstall) and my PS4 pile is only two I think as well (though I might play some of this month's PS+ games when they become available). Currently I'm just killing time before the new Tomb Raider game comes out anyway so playing some of the shorter stuff on the backlog will work well; and after that I'll probably jump on God of War which will keep me going for a good while. Although buying those two will almost certainly be the biggest single gaming outlays for me this year!
I had a nose around to see if there's an easy way to show unplayed Steam games and this seems to work quite well. I've not played 1,466 of my games and of the games I've played, only 17 games for more than 12 hours. Oops.
devilman wrote:
I had a nose around to see if there's an easy way to show unplayed Steam games and this seems to work quite well. I've not played 1,466 of my games and of the games I've played, only 17 games for more than 12 hours. Oops.

I've had to change the privacy settings on my account so that service can scrape the data so it won't be available for a while. It'll be inaccurate to a certain degree because I while back I used an idler to force out trading card drops for games I wasn't interested in just so I could sell them, but even bearing that in mind I think the vast majority of my games will have been played. Certainly there'll be nothing like 1500 unplayed ones; that's a hell of a number! A lot of them will have less than 12 hours playtime but that's because I've played a lot of intentionally short games on Steam so most won't make it into double digits.
<0.78> on the latest Humble Bundle.
My data updated on that Steam Calculator site:

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £1967 (£510 with sales)
  • Games owned: 240
  • Games played: 186 (77%)
  • Hours on record: 777.7h

I'm actually quite surprised there's so many unplayed games in there.
I don't look at mine any more.
Grim... wrote:
I don't look at mine any more.

I'm on top of mine (i.e. I've played all the games I'm actually interested in) so I quite enjoy looking at the stats; there's no guilt in it!
Games Played: 143/525 (27%)
Total value: £4,749/£1,255
Hours on record: 2,191
Average play time: 15.3 hours
Average price per hour: £8.48
Page 10 of 14 [ 679 posts ]