WongaWatch - The Grand Game Expenditure Thread 2018

How much do you expect you'll spend on games & consoles in 2018?
£0 - £1 - Yar, yar and/or freeware for me yo.  5%  [ 1 ]
£1 - £50  0%  [ 0 ]
£50 - £100  5%  [ 1 ]
£100 - £200 (~£12.50/month)  30%  [ 6 ]
£200 - £300  10%  [ 2 ]
£300 - £400  10%  [ 2 ]
£400 - £600 (~£50/month)  20%  [ 4 ]
£600 - £800  5%  [ 1 ]
£800 - £1000  0%  [ 0 ]
£1000 - £1200 (~£100/month)  5%  [ 1 ]
£1200 - £1500  10%  [ 2 ]
£1500 - £2000  0%  [ 0 ]
£2000 - £mental  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20
<12> Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition (PS4)

STOMPY STOMP BOOM
Bamba wrote:
<9.49> on Accounting+. A PSVR collaboration between Crows Crows Crows (co-designer of the Stanley Parable who's done loads of other brilliant stuff, not least the incredible and free "Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist") and Squanchtendo (game studio of Justin Roiland of Rick & Morty fame) is just too hard to resist. It's actually been out for ages but a lull in my gaming and chat about new (free!) content has repiqued my interest.

I have accounting (free) on vive.

Basically felt like a being shouted at simulator, which didn't imress me much.
Mr Dave wrote:
Bamba wrote:
<9.49> on Accounting+. A PSVR collaboration between Crows Crows Crows (co-designer of the Stanley Parable who's done loads of other brilliant stuff, not least the incredible and free "Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist") and Squanchtendo (game studio of Justin Roiland of Rick & Morty fame) is just too hard to resist. It's actually been out for ages but a lull in my gaming and chat about new (free!) content has repiqued my interest.

You not liking something means it falls somewhere in between terrible and amazing.
Bamba wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Bamba wrote:

You not liking something means it falls somewhere in between terrible and amazing.

Depends on how much you like being shouted at until you solve a puzzle. Would've been OK, but the extra in-your-facedness of vr made it a rather uncomfortable experience.

While I do usually only discuss the negative points of games I play, I was very glad to finish this and never return.
<99>
Pandora's Box 815-in-1 thing
Attachment:
IMG_20180212_092118.jpg

<6.96> Saturn joypad extension cables
Cor, that looks nice.
Grim... wrote:
Cor, that looks nice.

That's what I thought too. I had no intention of buying one till I saw it on eBay. This is the one I bought initially and pretty much all the ones I've seen since look loads better than it.
Is that a standalone, plug and play jobbie?
DavPaz wrote:

Yeah, you just hook it up to your TV (via HDMI) and you're away. In theory anyway, I've not had chance to test it yet. This is what it looks like inside (excuse the blurry photo) -

Attachment:
IMG_20180212_104954.jpg

Pretty minimal compared to the one I already have, which is basically a Supergun with a Pandora's Box 4 plugged in.
Attachment:
IMG_20180212_104857.jpg
<2.39> RETSNOM for Android.
<-10> Sold my physical copy of Titanfall 2
Is Titanfall 2 the thing now?

Need another game now I've clocked RE7.
The digital version of the ultimate edition is £12 right now. You want some of that.
devilman wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Yeah, you just hook it up to your TV (via HDMI) and you're away. In theory anyway, I've not had chance to test it yet. This is what it looks like inside (excuse the blurry photo) -

Attachment:
IMG_20180212_104954.jpg

Pretty minimal compared to the one I already have, which is basically a Supergun with a Pandora's Box 4 plugged in.
Attachment:
IMG_20180212_104857.jpg

Giphy "want":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/Qew97m3CFCNsk/giphy-loop.mp4
Zardoz wrote:
Is Titanfall 2 the thing now?

Need another game now I've clocked RE7.

It's a lot of fun, decent mechanics, meaty weapons, nicely balanced gameplay. Took me about 14 hours to clock the campaign — I'm not the fastest player, so you, being much betterer than Trousers, may get through it quickly. But, y'know, £12
14 hours is an massive amount of time playing the campaign. You sure about that?

The average gamer might clock it in 4-5 hours.
DavPaz wrote:
devilman wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_20180212_104954.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20180212_104857.jpg

Giphy "want":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/imWGP04racQq4/giphy-loop.mp4

I had five minutes with it last night and it seems pretty good. The left speaker seemed a little flaky, but I pressed the cable in a little harder and it's working again now. The list of games is here, with the games highlighted in pink being the new additions.

Now I just need to see if I find the box I got the original one in so I can sell it. :)
Also £12 seems a lot of money for Titanfall 2. If you’re willing to look at eBay or 2nd hand you’re bound to get it >£5.
Satsuma wrote:
Also £12 seems a lot of money for Titanfall 2. If you’re willing to look at eBay or 2nd hand you’re bound to get it >£5.

£12 gets you the digital Ultimate edition, with most multiplayer unlocks already unlocked and some extra cosmetic stuff. It's not a bad deal, especially if you value the convenience of digital versions of online games.
I'm torn between my cheapskate side of my brain and the MOAR stuff side of my brain.
Worth pointing out: so far, we’ve only played the PvE mode, but that is capped at four players. There’s a wide range of PvP modes for teams of 5-10, but that depends on how you feel about PvP. Particularly PvP in a 1.5 year old game that didn’t sell brilliantly, so is quite possibly populated by people who are very, very good at it.
Huh, I never added my PC in here. It wasn’t primarily bought for games but I’m going to count it anyway.

<321.34> - PSU, cooler, RAM
<483.39> - motherboard, case, CPU, LED light strips
That takes me down to fourth place. I don't think I've ever been fourth place before.
TheVision wrote:
That takes me down to fourth place. I don't think I've ever been fourth place before.

In fourth, you become the plucky underdog who everyone wants to get a podium position. It's your story arc for this year.
You won't be by the end of the year. I got my big purchases of the year out of the way early.

I expect this to be my lowest total since records began (2011).
Lonewolves wrote:
You won't be by the end of the year. I got my big purchases of the year out of the way early.

I expect this to be my lowest total since records began (2011).

I won't be spending much more either. I've decided I'm not going to bother with a PS4 or Xbox One, so I might just buy the occasional Switch and Steam game.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Worth pointing out: We've already got 4 in the KLEEEEEK so fuck you Zardoz, you'll never get a game.

:'(
Fuck that noise, I'm powerful jonesing for some hawt PVP action.
Kern wrote:
TheVision wrote:

In fourth, you become the plucky underdog who everyone wants to get a podium position. It's your story arc for this year.

Literal pay-to-win!
Zardoz wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Worth pointing out: We've already got 4 in the KLEEEEEK so fuck you Zardoz, you'll never get a game.

:'(

No, we already have five people (me, Grim, Cras, Wookiee, APoD) so that ship has sailed.
Welcoming, that.
Grim... wrote:
Fuck that noise, I'm powerful jonesing for some hawt PVP action.

I need to sell RE7 first as my PayPal balance has gone on an engine cover.
Actually, no. I get paid tomorrow!
<1.29> royAl reigns android.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Worth pointing out: so far, we’ve only played the PvE mode, but that is capped at four players. There’s a wide range of PvP modes for teams of 5-10, but that depends on how you feel about PvP. Particularly PvP in a 1.5 year old game that didn’t sell brilliantly, so is quite possibly populated by people who are very, very good at it.

If we can get some beex vs beex games like cod of old, I'd be interested in that.
Mr Dave wrote:
If we can get some beex vs beex games like cod of old, I'd be interested in that.

We had one last night. It was good! Sadly, the fucking game doesn't let you earn XP or unlocks in private matches, which is annoying but not catastrophic.
<1.99> Legacy 2 - The Ancient Curse for Android.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

We had one last night. It was good! Sadly, the fucking game doesn't let you earn XP or unlocks in private matches, which is annoying but not catastrophic.

This was what always caused us to do public cod matches, which was (kangaroo defense, swimming pool knife fights and hide & seek aside) a much inferior experience.
Grim... wrote:
The digital version of the ultimate edition is £12 right now. You want some of that.

What is the difference?
Some of the stuff is unlocked from the start, and you don't have to move chunks of metal around to play it.
TheVision wrote:

I'm just glad there's not a thread like this for musical instruments.

I may have just bought a 10th guitar type thing
Mr Dave wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

This was what always caused us to do public cod matches, which was (kangaroo defense, swimming pool knife fights and hide & seek aside) a much inferior experience.

I could make up numbers if you needed one mo.
Grim... wrote:
Some of the stuff is unlocked from the start, and you don't have to move chunks of metal around to play it.

You buy games on metal discs? Hardcore.
<£7.36> Heat Signature (PC) - currently on sale at Steam.
Grim... wrote:
<£7.36> Heat Signature (PC) - currently on sale at Steam.

Enjoy punching mens out of ships. I think you'll like that one.
I loved Gunpoint so will like that I guess.
Yeah, but it's a Steam game so I'll never play it, I just buy them because I'm a BELMING NADTARD
Grim... wrote:
Yeah, but it's a Steam game so I'll never play it, I just buy them because I'm a BELMING NADTARD

Isn't Factorio on Steam?
It is. I was being comical.

[edit] RAGE QUIT
[REMOVED BY REQUEST]
Page 3 of 14 [ 679 posts ]