IT’S COMING HOME!
MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
IT’S COMING HOME!

IT’S COMING HOME!

IT'S COMING!
Malc wrote:
Trooper wrote:
What about the second half ;) that was dire.

Looked quite hot there tbh. I can imagine they were quite nervous, Sterling and Grippier looked well anxious.

Sterling was shite. So was Young. Kane did well enough when he wasn't being rugby tackled, and can certainly find the net. Loftuscheek and rashford did good.

The temperature is just an excuse, these are professional sportsmen, they should be fully trained for the environment.

It was a deserved win, especially as the ref was Tunisian, but it wasn't convincing in the slightest.
Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
IT’S COMING HOME!

IT’S COMING HOME!

IT'S COMING!

FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME!
Satsuma wrote:
To China?

Not qualified.
Trooper wrote:
It was a deserved win, especially as the ref was Tunisian

Really? You'd think they'd choose refs that weren't nationals of the teams that are playing.
GazChap wrote:
Trooper wrote:
It was a deserved win, especially as the ref was Tunisian

Really? You'd think they'd choose refs that weren't nationals of the teams that are playing.

Not sure if serious...
Some good, tenacious defending from Tunisia there.
romanista wrote:
this is a bit asking for it, isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFTeF74dyY

If the queen dabbing didn't tip you off to the joke, then there's no hope for you :DD
Denmark Australia has been a surprisingly enjoyable game so far.
Watching the Argentina game in UHD HDR on the iPlayer. Oh fuck, Modric just scored!
It looks really nice, is what I was saying. The zoomed out view almost feels like sitting in the stadium
Seriously, the contrast of the Croatia kits against the grass almost makes it look 3d
Fucking hell. 3-0
DavPaz wrote:
Watching the Argentina game in UHD HDR on the iPlayer. Oh fuck, Modric just scored!

It's rather surreal that once the World Cup is all done, he could then face jail back in Croatia.
DavPaz wrote:

Say whut!? That’s ace. I was wondering when we might get some more UHD HDR telly (like proper stuff that’s filmed that way).

Shame it’s just football...
DavPaz wrote:
romanista wrote:
this is a bit asking for it, isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFTeF74dyY

If the queen dabbing didn't tip you off to the joke, then there's no hope for you :DD

I can see her doing it, when it happens (but it won't so i can safely say that;))

How was the UHD HDR effect ? (modric score here as well...)
It was pretty good. I reckon the HDR makes a bigger difference than the the UHD, though.
Trooper wrote:
Belgium FTW!

Yeah...I'm sticking with that prediction!
Doesn't look good for Germany. Why is it so hard to defend the World Cup?
DavPaz wrote:
Doesn't look good for Germany. Why is it so hard to defend the World Cup?

The last 10 minutes of this match is exciting,that's for sure!
10 fucking seconds left! Bloody Germans :D
DavPaz wrote:
10 fucking seconds left! Bloody Germans :D

Superb goal!
gary lineker was right again..

great game...

Let's see what panama can do...
Now is the time to take 2 defenders off and put 2 more forwards on
There's a lot of people in this wrestling match. The folk in red are clearly winning, though.
Should have let stones take the penalty, when is he ever going to have a hat trick chance ever again, let alone in a world cup! :)
Trooper wrote:
Should have let stones take the penalty, when is he ever going to have a hat trick chance ever again, let alone in a world cup! :)

Probably in next 45minutes
The comeback is on!
Hurry up and get knocked out, England.

(It's much more pleasant watching teams who are actually good once the Rose and Crown get knocked out)
England look good enough to upgrade their heartbreaking quarter final penalty shootout exit to a heartbreaking semi final penalty shootout exit.
DavPaz wrote:
England look good enough to upgrade their heartbreaking quarter final penalty shootout exit to a heartbreaking semi final penalty shootout exit.

Steady, lad. One swallow doesn't make a summer.
I really couldn't give a crap how well we do or how far we get. Mostly because at least they are trying, and have a good attitude. We didn't win Euro 96 but it was the best tournament I've witnessed so far.

So even if we lose at least there was *something* to smile about this time around.

He's one of our own... COYS.
VAR has made this tournament very entertaining.
Variant algebra rules
Cras wrote:
Variant algebra rules

It's hard to differentiate between the two
VAR will get a lot of stick, but it's still down to how its interpreted. I didn't think Ronaldo's yellow card was even a foul and that certainly wasn't a penalty at the end.
Yeah, that's the problem with using technology that some people miss - it needs to be interpreted, and you'll always end up with cases at the margins (in cricket, for instance, even modern frame rates aren't always good enough, so on a run-out there'll be a frame with batsman out, bails unbroken, then the next shows batsman in, bails broken, so no clear decision). So it doesn't necessarily solve problems, and can create new ones. At least cricket has the idea of 'benefit of the doubt' to fall back on, but even that doesn't always make decisions straightforward. You need some idea of what to do when there's no clear decision from technology.
devilman wrote:
VAR will get a lot of stick, but it's still down to how its interpreted. I didn't think Ronaldo's yellow card was even a foul and that certainly wasn't a penalty at the end.

Personally, I thought Ronaldo showed intent and I would have sent him off.

But, interpretations, as you say. The penalty wasn't a penalty, but I've seen it given before and will see it again. Also it was funny.

The danger of VAR is it being used as a crutch. "I don't want to make a decision until I've seen the replay".

I'd make it like the NFL does it, give each team a number of VAR challenges per half.
Pundabaya wrote:
devilman wrote:

Personally, I thought Ronaldo showed intent and I would have sent him off.

But, interpretations, as you say. The penalty wasn't a penalty, but I've seen it given before and will see it again. Also it was funny.

The danger of VAR is it being used as a crutch. "I don't want to make a decision until I've seen the replay".

I'd make it like the NFL does it, give each team a number of VAR challenges per half.

Not like the NFL because even if the challenge was upheld you lose it! Make it like Cricket, or Tennis where you get X per set/innings/half and you don't lose them if you were right.
Page 2 of 7 [ 334 posts ]