Bargains, Bargains, Bargains!
Cheap!
As mentioned before my ex bos is the MD of Splashdamage who wrote ET and Quake Wars.

It will be top notch class bassed Strogness.

Malc
Rayman 10th Anniversary, PS2 - £8.93 delivered
Suikoden V, PS2 - £12.93 delivered
Condemned 2, PS3 - £22.97 delivered
Condemned 2, Xbox 360 - £22.97 delivered
Echochrome, PSP - £16.99 delivered
Lost Odyssey, Xbox 360 - £19.99 delivered
IL2 Complete Edition, PC - £9.99 delivered
Art Of Fighting: Anthology, PS2 - £7.99 delivered
The Complete Only Fools and Horses collection has dropped to £89.99, and includes all the specials as well.

http://ukdvdbargains.blogspot.com/2008/ ... -8999.html
It better include the specials, at this point that's 95% of the show.

They were complete IDIOTS not to stop after the auction, millionaires episode though.
Saw a Company of Heroes Gold box set in Game that included the excellent Brit army add on, Opposing Fronts. All for £15. That's a must if you don't have it, in my opinion. It's the best RTS of all time -and plays radically differently to Command & Conquer etc.
Rebelstar: Tactical Command on the GBA for TWO QUID!

http://www.thegamecollection.net/rebel- ... -2170.html
I just bought a pair of Sennheiser CX-300s from Play for £7.99 using their PlayTrade thing. Given the RRP of £39.99 that's a tremendous saving.
Yeah, it's their version of Amazon Marketplace. Other sellers sell items from the product pages on Play, and you get a positive feedback rating for them.

There was a seller selling a pair for £6.25 but they only had a 70% positive feedback rating. £7.99 for a bloke with a 98% rating seems like a better deal.

Product page here. Looks like there's only one at each price as the £7.99 one has disappeared now I've bought it.
The Second hand Two for £30 line at gamestation includes Halo 3 and Mass Effect - which I thought was a bargain.
22" monitor for £125 inc VAT & delivery. 4% cashback from quidco.

Careful googling of the specs suggests that despite the "MISCO VALUE" branding this is actually a Benq FP222wh (note the Benq logo in the third big pic on the Misco page). This seems to review well and is £150 from ebuyer. Googling suggests it works well with the 360, and it has three inputs (VGA/DVI/HDMI) so would make a credible bedroom TV if you can feed it one of those source (e.g. from an upscaling DVD player).
Lave wrote:
The Second hand Two for £30 line at gamestation includes Halo 3 and Mass Effect - which I thought was a bargain.

Both of which I sell individually at 15 anyway. Not that I'm a bit national chain of game shops. Just the one market stall right now..
GazChap wrote:
I just bought a pair of Sennheiser CX-300s from Play for £7.99 using their PlayTrade thing. Given the RRP of £39.99 that's a tremendous saving.

Personally I'd be wary of buying them from random sellers; I've heard too many horror stories about people buying from eBay and the like and ending up with crappy knock-offs. If they don't come in proper retail packaging then you should probably send them straight back and ask for a refund.

I know I keep banging on about them but Creative's EP630 headphones are supposedly rebadged CX300s; I'm going to test my girlfriend's pair :hat: tonight before she swaps the rubber bits for the smaller ones.

PS. Sega Rally on the 360 is currently £8.99 at softuk.com.
tossrStu wrote:
Personally I'd be wary of buying them from random sellers; I've heard too many horror stories about people buying from eBay and the like and ending up with crappy knock-offs. If they don't come in proper retail packaging then you should probably send them straight back and ask for a refund.

Yeah, this is true. I'm quite happy to take a risk for a potential £32 saving though. The old adáge of "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" will probably come back to haunt me though.

Still, should be easy enough to tell if they're fakes. Can always take the unopened box down to Maplin to compare the packaging for any obvious differences.
Nirejhenge wrote:
Lave wrote:

Both of which I sell individually at 15 anyway. Not that I'm a bit national chain of game shops. Just the one market stall right now..

Aye and I could have got them both for about £33 of amazon too. It's more that I didn't realise they got so cheap.

Where you based again? I can't remember if OLL ever says. If it's London you can have all my custom no worries as I don't know any good independent places here, apart from Game Focus in Tott Court Road, and they are really variable.
But I want Lave flavoured commission....
LewieP wrote:
But I want Lave flavoured commission....

You get plenty you scallywag. Though I really can't afford many games for the next 8 months or so your both out of luck. Unless either of you can get me GTAIV for £25 or Rock Band for £70 (ho ho).

Incidentally I bought delicious library* for £20, which made me feel a bit guilty as I have no money, and then put all my games on it. Now it lists all the games I've bought, and what the going rate is on amazon. With a simple right click I can sell them on amazon in seconds. As such I've sold £80s worth of stuff in two weeks! And thats after the (large) amazon commission.

Best £20 I've ever spent. And this comes from a guy who'll opensource everything. Really, really, really recommended. And I'll get a free upgrade to v2 in a few months.**

* Naughtily I first broke the copyright protection (!!) first to check it would handle a large (>100) library without crashing or becoming unusable - it worked like a dream - so thats not a worry cheapo PPC fans.

** But I need leopard to run that, so it's no use to me. Yet.
Ooh, nice. I've really warmed to the DS version even though it still makes my hands cramp up.
Oh crap, shouldn't buy any more games - but want that so hard....

EDIT: Got an escape route as link doesn't work!
I posted up the complete Seinfeld for £91.97 a few days ago, and it's now gone down to £88.97

http://ukdvdbargains.blogspot.com/2008/ ... -9197.html
Not wanting to piss on your chips, but can 3% off something like that really be considered a bargain?
GeoWars links should be working now.
Grim... wrote:
Not wanting to piss on your chips, but can 3% off something like that really be considered a bargain?

It should be £150 though.
COMMENT RETRACTED.
I wish I had a good enough PC to run that on :(
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box, Xbox 360 - £23.98 delivered
Pokemon Diamond, DS - £16.99 delivered
Pokemon Pearl, DS - £16.99 delivered
New Super Mario Brothers, DS - £19.99 delivered
Nintendogs: Chihuahua And Friends, DS - £14.99 delivered
Wiimote, Wii - £22.99 delivered
Wii Play, Wii - £26.99 delivered
BARGAIN!!!

just seen on HDUK

Guitar Hero 3 game and guitar £45 xbox 360 only

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/Guitar-Hero-3-Guitar-Controller-%2B-Game/812207/p.jsf
Grim... wrote:

...the five (or ten if you prefer) games being:

Kameo
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Viva Pinata
Project Gotham Racing 3
Xbox 360 Live Arcade Unplugged: Vol 1, which features Bejeweled 2, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, Hardwood Backgammon, Outpost Kaloki X, Texas Hold'em, and Wik and the Fable of Souls.

Also: Advance Wars Dark Conflict for twelve quid.
I seem to recall that thegamecollection do, allegedly, sell second-hand games as new, but I can't tell you the name of the person who I think said this.
they did it to me with football manager 2006, but it only cost me 2 quid so i couldnt be arsed to complain.
I got Stuntman Ignition (for £1 more than that) last week from thegamecollection and it was new and sealed.

Although I have heard that they have sold used games as new in the past, but I don't think they do so any more.
I THIIIINK that it's £7.99 pre-owned in Gamestation, Stuntman doodley doo.
My headphones great for outdoors stuff:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electro ... Headphones

Utter bargain, I paid twice that and shall now buy some of these as spares...
Mr Russ wrote:

Rarely will I be a hater in a thread such as this, but ouch. Not a bargain.
That's under 0.2p a disk!
It is when the single disc edition is the same price Shirley?
Has anyone noticed that Rock Band's instrument set is £99.99 on Amazon.co.uk yet?
erm, thats the price everyone got it for off play before but with 5% off. I think its the standard price pretty much.
Sorry, I thought everyone was buying it for £120.
Age of Conan - Collectors Edition, PC - £47.99 delivered
Age of Conan, PC - £26.93 delivered
Race Driver: GRID, DS - £22.99 delivered
Race Driver: GRID, PC - £19.99 delivered
Race Driver: GRID, PS3 - £32 delivered
Race Driver: GRID, Xbox 360 - £32 delivered
Page 7 of 172 [ 8562 posts ]