Bargains, Bargains, Bargains!
Cheap!
damnit

can the camera be used on regular PC for chat video style-e stuff?
LaceSensor wrote:
damnit

It's supposed to be usable as a standard webcam on PCs. I've never tried that though.
Mr Dave wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
damnit

It's supposed to be usable as a standard webcam on PCs. I've never tried that though.

I have, and it is.
My camera turned up today with headset & robotron. Only in bubblewrap no other packaging.

And no 12 months live >:|

Still a barg though :)
Me & markg > all of you.
Ghost Squad, Wii - £14.99 delivered
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Wii - £12.99 delivered
Xbox 360 Premium, Halo 3 & GTA4 - £208.71 collect in store.
Nintendo Wii Console - £172.98 delivered
Is £172 a bargain for a Wii? I thought they'd had a price drop to £150 recently, or am I going mad?
Metroid Prime 3, Wii - £17.99 delivered

myoptika wrote:
Is £172 a bargain for a Wii? I thought they'd had a price drop to £150 recently, or am I going mad?

RRP is still £180, and I haven't heard of anywhere selling them for £150, I could be wrong though. At any rate it's the cheapest price available online right now.
how doyou find these bargains? do you just put in random games into paid peanuts all day? you wouldnt happen to be nightswimmer on hotukdeals would you? or is he/she just nicking your deals?
Runcle wrote:
how doyou find these bargains? do you just put in random games into paid peanuts all day? you wouldnt happen to be nightswimmer on hotukdeals would you? or is he/she just nicking your deals?

I've got quite a few sources I collect from. hotukdeals being one of them. I'm not nightswimmer, but I do have an account there, also under the name of LewieP. I used to post deals a lot there, but these days I just skim the front page. I really dislike the community there, pretty much any post about a game turns into an immature argument about the merits of the respective format, and so many people buy like 10x copies of the really cheap games to resell for profit, which is pretty horrible since all that does is prevent more gamers from getting access to it.

I also have a few contacts at various retailers who regularly email about specific good deals they have on.

Basically, there won't (generally) be any deals posted at SavyGamer that you can't find elsewhere, but the idea is that instead of having hundreds of people spends up to an hour every day looking around the entire internet for the best deals, and filtering out the bad ones, I do that for you, so you can just spend 5 minutes every day looking, and still ge tthe best deals.

I don't know if nightswimmer is 'nicking' my deals, but even if he/she is, I have no problem with it. Anything that gets the word out there to more people is fine by me, and it's not like I can really have any claim over a deal that a retailer is publicly broadcasting.
Looks like Asda are preparing to clearout a load of PS2 games.

Ratchet And Clank 3, PS2 - £9.93 delivered
Tekken 5, PS2 - £9.93 delivered
Gran Turismo 4, PS2 - £9.93 delivered
Jak 3, PS2 - £9.93 delivered
God Of War, PS2 - £9.93 delivered
God Of War 2, PS2 - £9.93 delivered
Not game related, but some wine bargains at Tesco at the moment.

There's a decent Rioja down from 14 - 7 quid.

Plus the Hardy's Crest Cabernet Shiraz is half price, down from 8 quid to 4 quid. It's a very friendly and easy to drink wine that is easily worth that amount of money. Snap some up now, people! I only went to the shops for potatoes and cheese, and ended up bringing four bottles back up the hill with me.

:)
That hill's fucking torture when you're carrying a massive cardboard box.
myoptika wrote:
That hill's fucking torture when you're carrying a massive cardboard box.

Touche!

I've carried my own body weight up that damn hill from Tesco before, starting at the actual bottom too. I have the carrying capacity of a human-sized ant.
What with the new series of Peep Show (which I'd missed all the adverts for and therefore missed, thank the stars for the internet, eh?), is there a better time to splash out on the box set of all previous series?

(Yes, seeing as all the previous series are all free on 4OD. - A reader)

Ah, but even if that box set is down to a bargain price of fifteen quid at HMV? Relax in your comfy chair and relive the origin of the 'clean shirt' insult, pausing occasionally to chuckle at those who'd paid full price for each of the individual series' discs. Gah.

Meanwhile,

8GB Micro SDHC for £25.99 + P&P.
Peep Show Series 1-4 for £15.99
Everyone's been pimping that, nobody seems to have seen it's been unavailable and deleted since it was first seen.
Hmm..weird - it was on a HMV email today so maybe they're getting some in this week.
LewieP wrote:
Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive - £13 delivered

GNNGH! Paid 110 bastard quid for this, four months ago. Admittedly it came with five free films, four of which I'll probably never watch and the other we already had on DVD.
devilman wrote:
Hmm..weird - it was on a HMV email today so maybe they're getting some in this week.

I hope so. It's a cracking deal if it turns out to be real.
So I was going to get that 360 camera thingy, mainly so I would have a webcam. But NO NEED!

Gamestation are selling the old PS2 eyetoy camera for £1.99 second hand!

It's a really decent camera too (at least the silver smaller one is). And Macam makes it work lovely on my iBook. Appears to be 640*480 at 30fps.

I bought 3.

1 for a webcam, (skeptobot youtube vids?) and delicious library (protip: awesome).
1 for timelapse playing around
1 for my robot
Lave wrote:
1 for a webcam, (skeptobot youtube vids?) and delicious library (protip: awesome).

That's a superb protip right there, sir. Delicious Library is one of the many Mac apps that pisses me off (as my Powerbook is quite old now and I don't already have a suitable webcam to use with it).
CUS wrote:
Lave wrote:

That's a superb protip right there, sir. Delicious Library is one of the many Mac apps that pisses me off (as my Powerbook is quite old now and I don't already have a suitable webcam to use with it).

Just tested it on my iBook. My smaller silver PS2 eyetoy camera + macam installed and it works a dream with the barcode recognition.

My store had them priced at £3.99 in the window but rang up at £1.99 - either way a bargain.
LewieP wrote:
Shadow Of The Colossus, PS2 - £9.93 delivered

EVERYBODY MUST GET THIS NOW. Absolutely beautiful game.
Unless you already have it
Lave wrote:
So I was going to get that 360 camera thingy, mainly so I would have a webcam. But NO NEED!

Gamestation are selling the old PS2 eyetoy camera for £1.99 second hand!

It's a really decent camera too (at least the silver smaller one is). And Macam makes it work lovely on my iBook. Appears to be 640*480 at 30fps.

Not quite as cheap but they're £2.49 online if folk can't find them in-store.
Zardoz wrote:
LewieP wrote:
Shadow Of The Colossus, PS2 - £9.93 delivered

EVERYBODY MUST GET THIS NOW. Absolutely beautiful game.
Unless you already have it

Or don't own a PS2? DON'T MAKE ME GET A PS2.
Dudley wrote:
Ico > Shadow

They are both fucking fantastic.

Any preference is pretty subjective imo.

Edit: But ICO should definately be played first
I hated Shadow. Torturing innocent endangered species because I'm being blackmailed is not fun.
Who said they were innocent?

Oh... bargains... um...
You can get really nice blackcurrant 'fruit syrup' from B&Ms for 25p. It's thick as hell so you get loads of yummy blackcurrant juice from it.
I forgot to put the name of the stuff, it's 'Garden Blackcurrant Fruit Syrup'.

B&Ms is a shop. Or is it BMs? I don't know. It's the cheap place.
MrD wrote:
Who said they were innocent?

There was no indication otherwise before I gave up because I didn't want to be doing that.
You must have really hated Pokémon.
Mr Russ wrote:
devilman wrote:

I hope so. It's a cracking deal if it turns out to be real.

They've got some in now it seems.
Hey look everyone, it's that £17.99 price a bunch of people were waiting for on Katamari!
Dudley wrote:
Hey look everyone, it's that £17.99 price a bunch of people were waiting for on Katamari!

Sold!
That seems an expensive bargain. Is it good, or something?
Well, I know a lot of people loved the previous two games, and it'll be £40-50 on the highstreet.

Generally anything sub £30 is a good pre-order price for a full price 360/PS3 game
Aha! LewisP (and everyone, in fact), might I politely suggest that adding (pre-order) or something, might be good?

Partly because I know that *I* thought it was just a slight reduction on some new and unpopular game (well, I've never heard of it), and not something that's not even out yet. That is, as you say, a fine pre-order price.

Maybe we need to have some kind of Bargain Type icon.
Page 4 of 172 [ 8562 posts ]