Red Dead Redemption 2
Spring 2018
Reply
Get on the hype train!

That just looks glorious. Time to upgrade to a PS Pro....
I did actually search to see whether it had its own thread and saw that one. But if you can’t be arsed to label up your thread properly you don’t deserve one, na’mean.
When are you two going to kiss?
When he brushes his teeth.
No PC version at launch I see, hopefully this'll be more GTAV (PC version eventually) than Red Dead 1 (no PC version ever, apparently).

The days of me buying a console just to play one game (PS2 for GTA3) are long gone.

Never did play Red Dead 1, although I am led to believe it's quite good.
Looking forward to this Red Dead 1 was one of my fav games.
I'm not looking forward to this. I got Red Dead but just never felt compelled to get anywhere near the end for some reason. It's not that I don't like westerns either, I do.
You're more of a rhinestone cowboy
markg wrote:
I'm not looking forward to this. I got Red Dead but just never felt compelled to get anywhere near the end for some reason. It's not that I don't like westerns either, I do.


:this:

Too much traipsing around on a poorly controlled horse while someone drawls exposition at you for 10 minutes.
:this:

Got bored by Mexico and left it. Too empty after the GTAs.
See I finished RDR but I have never finished a GTA game. Clearly because I am so old I have more in common with people from 1911.
RDR was great, although I didn't much like the way that after a decent start working for people I liked, all the mission giving characters were people I didn't really want to have anything to do with.

Online was always fun though. With a good spot to go if someone started griefing you leading to them being eaten by bears.
New gameplay video. Looks amazing.

I've been really looking forward to this and it looks marvellous...but the 'camp management' stuff slightly worries me.
Morte wrote:
camp management

Image
My cables aren't too bad in all fairness.

Sorry, wrong thread.
Q1) are we Day 1 this?
Q2) it is 105gig? 1tb will see me through to death of ps4, won't it?
I'm waiting for the reviews. It needs to have a strong, single player campaign free of monetisation and microtransaction bullshit for me to buy in. If they've gone for a GTA5 online style experience, they can piss off.
I don't know much about RDR2 but I imagine, since they're making a phenomenal amount of money off GTA online, Rockstar will use the same formula for this... Just less cars and more horses.
Hearthly wrote:
I'm waiting for the reviews. It needs to have a strong, single player campaign free of monetisation and microtransaction bullshit for me to buy in. If they've gone for a GTA5 online style experience, they can piss off.

I don't care for GTA Online but I certainly didn't feel short-changed by the single player game.
TheVision wrote:
I don't know much about RDR2 but I imagine, since they're making a phenomenal amount of money off GTA online, Rockstar will use the same formula for this... Just less cars and more horses.

I don't know. GTA Online works because of the whole premise of making as much money as possible and becoming an increasingly influential crime boss. While I don't like them, the MTs work in the GTA world. I can't see it working for RDR2 unless they just make a reskinned GTA V and shoehorn them in. Judging Rockstar by their previous output, I don't think that's something they'd be akin to do.

I hope I'm proved right!
I never played the first one, am lukewarm on GTA games and the whole Western genre/setting generally doesn't grab me in any medium. I'm pretty 'meh' about it overall and the fact that the whole world will predictably lose their shit over it isn't impacting my position.
I don't give a fuck about westerns in general but RDR was utterly fantastic.
Hearthly wrote:
I'm waiting for the reviews. It needs to have a strong, single player campaign free of monetisation and microtransaction bullshit for me to buy in. If they've gone for a GTA5 online style experience, they can piss off.


I’m already pissed off that they hacked a mission or two off the single player campaign up for a “special edition” at £30 more with some digital tat like skins and crap.

I’ve few doubts that it won’t be groundbreaking though. I just hope they keep the online and campaign separate like before so I can ignore the rubbish while I’m role playing being an outlaw. If they bleed one into t’other...ooh, I’ll be cross...
Lonewolves wrote:
I don't give a fuck about westerns in general but RDR was utterly fantastic.


What’s wrong with a good western? Go watch Bone Tomahawk now. Or an actual western, that Clint Eastwood one, fuck, what’s it’s name, where he’s old and doesn’t give a fuck about being an outlaw. Shit, can’t remember.

Edit: Unforgiven, tch.
I like Django and that's about it.
Lonewolves wrote:
I like Django and that's about it.


Original?
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I like Django and that's about it.


Original?

As opposed to?
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I like Django and that's about it.


Original?

As opposed to?

The not spaghetti western one, the DiCaprio one.
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I like Django and that's about it.


Original?

As opposed to?

The not spaghetti western one, the DiCaprio one.

You say it like it's a remake. They're totally unrelated apart from having part of the name the same.
Lonewolves wrote:
I don't give a fuck about westerns in general but RDR was utterly fantastic.

Rdr online on the 360 were one of the top online games we played to my mind. Alongside burny pee and the halo 3.
I still have no idea which one Myp is referring to.
Grim... wrote:
I still have no idea which one Myp is referring to.

Django.
Clearly he means !NSFW! this one! !NSFW!
Edited: Borderline, but it doesn't hurt
The synopsis for that film doesn't fit the poster at all ?:|
I was just looking that that too! Small world.
TheVision wrote:
I was just looking that that too! Small world.

They probably didn't have the budget for a larger scale.
https://twitter.com/RobertHandlery/stat ... 3102686210




(H/T to @Cras )
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:
I don't know much about RDR2 but I imagine, since they're making a phenomenal amount of money off GTA online, Rockstar will use the same formula for this... Just less cars and more horses.

I don't know. GTA Online works because of the whole premise of making as much money as possible and becoming an increasingly influential crime boss. While I don't like them, the MTs work in the GTA world. I can't see it working for RDR2 unless they just make a reskinned GTA V and shoehorn them in. Judging Rockstar by their previous output, I don't think that's something they'd be akin to do.

I hope I'm proved right!


GTA Online works because it’s a tremendously fun sandbox to dick about in with your mates, and they keep a steady flow of updates for it. I couldn’t give two shits about becoming a criminal kingpin.
Yes, this. As long as I have sufficient 'power' to do motorcycle stunts off the top of a cargo plane that's doing a barrel roll, there's not much more needed.

MTs don't get you in any way overpowered either. The most powerful thing in the game is probably the fighter jet, and you can grab yourself one of them at level 1 without any MTs.
I'm really on the fence about this one. Not a criticism of the game, it looks like the sort of thing I should enjoy but it also looks like the sort of thing that is so big that I'll get distracted by a new shiny and never do it justice.
RDR was one of my fav games on the 360
Cras wrote:
Yes, this. As long as I have sufficient 'power' to do motorcycle stunts off the top of a cargo plane that's doing a barrel roll, there's not much more needed.



I fear you're going to be sorely disappointed by RDR2.
Page 1 of 11 [ 540 posts ]