Bits and Bobs 49
The end is coming !
MaliA wrote:
Kern wrote:
I bought this t-shirt for that exact purpose.

Needs to be printed so can read in mirror

Just wear it inside out.
We had a lady come around to put our house on the market this morning. We've already got five viewings lined up (just done the first one, got three more tonight).
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
We had a lady come around to put our house on the market this morning. We've already got five viewings lined up (just done the first one, got three more tonight).

Have they all come to have a gander at Joan's dodgy wiring?
This is interesting.

http://confidence.success-equation.com

Calibration score
Mean confidence: 69.80%

Actual percent correct: 58.00%

You want your mean confidence and actual score to be as close as possible.

Mean confidence on correct answers: 71.72%

Mean confidence on incorrect answers: 67.14%

You want your mean confidence to be low for incorrect answers and high for correct answers.

Quiz score
29 correct out of 50 questions answered (58.00%)

14 correct out of 25 questions answered with low (50 or 60%) confidence (56.00%)

6 correct out of 13 questions answered with medium (70% or 80%) confidence (46.15%)

9 correct out of 12 questions answered with high (90 or 100%) confidence (75.00%)
Still laughing at Robin Mahfood :D
TheVision wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Have they all come to have a gander at Joan's dodgy wiring?

It's the key selling point.
Man, last night at the proms looks fun. I want to take an airhorn.

God damn Mrs Grim...'s dad for selling his box at the Royal Albert hall.

:hat: obv
Christ, the girls singing Danny Boy look like they're off to the beauty pageant when they've finished being in the choir.
Lonewolves wrote:
This is interesting.

http://confidence.success-equation.com

Calibration score
Mean confidence: 69.80%

Actual percent correct: 58.00%

Mean confidence on correct answers: 71.72%

Mean confidence on incorrect answers: 67.14%

You want your mean confidence to be low for incorrect answers and high for correct answers.

Quiz score
29 correct out of 50 questions answered (58.00%)

14 correct out of 25 questions answered with low (50 or 60%) confidence (56.00%)

6 correct out of 13 questions answered with medium (70% or 80%) confidence (46.15%)

9 correct out of 12 questions answered with high (90 or 100%) confidence (75.00%)
Mean confidence: 78.60%

Actual percent correct: 70.00%

Mean confidence on correct answers: 80.29%

Mean confidence on incorrect answers: 74.67%

Quiz score
35 correct out of 50 questions answered (70.00%)

7 correct out of 10 questions answered with low (50 or 60%) confidence (70.00%)

10 correct out of 19 questions answered with medium (70% or 80%) confidence (52.63%)

18 correct out of 21 questions answered with high (90 or 100%) confidence (85.71%)
Grim... wrote:

Was it a good one last night? Didn't catch it this year. And yes, real shame about the box!
Kern wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Was it a good one last night? Didn't catch it this year. And yes, real shame about the box!

Yes, it was okay. There was a song called Johnny which was a bit dull, but the following song called Jenny was most amusing ("Jenny finally got a husband, it's a shame it wasn't hers").
My place of work employs about 35 people... Since January, we've had 16 people leave with the majority being replaced.

That's a lot isn't it?
It's an insane amount
Near on 50% staff turnover in 9 months? Yes. That's a lot. Unless you employ casual workers.
DavPaz wrote:
Near on 50% staff turnover in 9 months? Yes. That's a lot. Unless you employ casual workers.

Nope. The majority have been wearing shirts and ties.
That's a dreadful turnover. For skilled workers about 10-15% is normal.
When I first started at my current place (contractor accountants) the average tenure of accountancy staff was 3 months. So staff turnover was in excess of 100% per year.

This was mainly down to £500 training budget (that doesn't get you much for accountancy training and that was the cap, not per year), shitty systems, completely wrong clients (social workers as limited companies) and a fundamental misunderstanding of how to sell ("Don't you worry, your accountant will do *everything* for you, you just rake in the free extra cash").

We're up to 18 months to 2 years tenure now...just as the market has started to die on its arse.
I've just seen an old friend who I haven't seen for about ten years. The last time I saw him, he was sitting on a stool on the edge of a bar.

Today, he was sitting on the same stool on the edge of the same bar. How things have changed!
No ontological inertia

Or is it off screen inertia? I forget
TheVision wrote:
I've just seen an old friend who I haven't seen for about ten years. The last time I saw him, he was sitting on a stool on the edge of a bar.

Today, he was sitting on the same stool on the edge of the same bar. How things have changed!

That's a pretty impressive balancing act though, even if you have seen it before.
TheVision wrote:

I hope you said "Same again?"
TheVision wrote:

"Change for the jukebox?"

"NEVER."
Is this the slowest forum day in history? It certainly feels like it.
Giphy "tumbleweed":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/u7IqRIfOXQyc/giphy-loop.mp4
I think it is just the slowest day in history, in real life as well. It felt like it should be 5:30 when it was about 1:15pm.
The forum just gave me sass because I was 'previewing Giphy', simply because I was posting at the same time as Davpaz.
DavPaz wrote:
Giphy "tumbleweed":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/5x89XRx3sBZFC/giphy-loop.mp4

Nothing to say, just want to see a different picture
Malc wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Giphy "tumbleweed":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Ez3QUDSwbrEPK/giphy-loop.mp4

You're right. The first one was a bit frantic.
Oh, that's so cute!
TheVision wrote:

"Well, son you may think this is a slow day, but you won't remember the day after the old Manchester meet of '10. It was a mighty slow day that Sunday morn, and no foolin'"
TheVision wrote:

Did you agree to meet again in 2027?
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Giphy "tumbleweed":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/9E2UrfvA4lGNy/giphy-loop.mp4

Just a tad!
Malc wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Giphy "tumbleweed":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/4SD55a1RnZCdq/giphy-loop.mp4

Just a tad!

And that last one was shit
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

"Well, son you may think this is a slow day, but you won't remember the day after the old Manchester meet of '10. It was a mighty slow day that Sunday morn, and no foolin'"

I've just checked, and it actually wasn't really quiet the day after. Whoops!
Malc wrote:
Malc wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Giphy "belm":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/2wgiwttmrJ0rK/giphy-loop.mp4

Just a tad!

And that last one was shit

And this one.
Mimi wrote:
Oh, that's so cute!

It's a Hungarian Komondor, ironically a bit of a ferocious beast in my experience. :)
It might look like a 65kg mophead but it kills wolves, and is wilfully independent - far more so than the 'normal' dogs we're used to seeing in the UK, whose bloodlines have been endlessly sanitized over the centuries. I don't think the Hungarians received that memo.
I wonder if it's the same as the dog with dreadlocks that I used to see at the park? That didn't look vary ferocious, and I'm sure far too small to fight a wolf, so perhaps a different dog. I would like a dog like Dougal :)
Miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow
Mimi wrote:
I wonder if it's the same as the dog with dreadlocks that I used to see at the park? That didn't look vary ferocious, and I'm sure far too small to fight a wolf, so perhaps a different dog. I would like a dog like Dougal :)

That was probably a Hungarian Puli, which is effectively a miniature Komondor albeit quite different in temperament; the Puli is a feisty but very jolly little chap, a real extrovert. Most amusing companions, and great with kids. :)

I love 'em, they're hilarious little doggies.
https://youtu.be/IyQeSdNNuKM

Ignoring the annoying presenter. Wtf?
Otherwise unexciting article about the government's wine cellar ends with a rather amusing titbit:

Quote:
After the outbreak of World War Two, wines from the German Embassy were requisitioned and added to the government's cellar stock.

I rather like the idea of a group of civil servants dashing over to the embassy the second war was declared to grab the best pickings. Are we going to declare war on France and Chile soon?
Bobbyaro wrote:

Wtf were you searching for to find that? And how does she have over 1million views. I have questions.
nickachu wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

Wtf were you searching for to find that? And how does she have over 1million views. I have questions.

I couldn't sit through the whole video - she was just too annoying. I do find that with YouTube stuff though - maybe I'm just getting older and grumpier. Even stuff like this which has content I would find interesting -

is ruined by the delivery style.
I struggled with Guru Larry for a while but stick with him, he's not as annoying as he could be and he does put out some interesting videos.
I downloaded a very well known first year physics degree text book as I wanted to get a taster of it, as I'm considering doing an OU degree in physics. Within a few pages I rapidly realised I needed to refresh my A level calculus knowledge ( I got A in Physics and Maths A level, yo), so I've downloaded some stuff to re-learn it - and my god I must have been a clever 18 year old. This shit is complicated.
Something something magnets
MrChris wrote:
I downloaded a very well known first year physics degree text book as I wanted to get a taster of it, as I'm considering doing an OU degree in physics. Within a few pages I rapidly realised I needed to refresh my A level calculus knowledge ( I got A in Physics and Maths A level, yo), so I've downloaded some stuff to re-learn it - and my god I must have been a clever 18 year old. This shit is complicated.

Do an MBA
Page 3 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]