Mysterious Package
Good morning, Earthlings and Myp.

At seven ante meridian, I received a text message from Royal Mail saying my package from Stone Bridge United Limited will be delivered today. Which was odd, as I didn't order owt from them, nor have I heard of them prior to this exciting communique. A bripwf google finds that someone on Digital Spy received something from them once, but the story doesn't conclude, so maybe they died. Anyways, it seems the company might have Chinese connections which is a red flag (I know​ , clever wording).

I'll refuse the package and check my credit card statements. My home address and phone number are easily available online, so not too worried about fraud right now, but curious to see what the idea being sending me unsolicited stuff is.

Thoughts, tbis is quite a mystery?
Nah, go get it. Take pictures for our amusement
Oh, it seems I don't have to do anything as they are unsolicited, so as not sending them away is less hassle than sending them away, I'll do that. super.
No, it's something you ordered off eBay.
I had the same one the other day. If you click the tracking link it will show you the progress of your item.

The email sounds well dodgy and I also googled it, ending up at a page about ordering dresses online and being scammed, but basically it's a parcel depot type hub here in the U.K for items from China to help them get delivered faster. Don't worry about it.
By coincidence I received a package from the same place yesterday.

Stone Bridge Utd is actually the holder of several hundred short term Chinese eBay accounts by the looks of it. Things bought on eBay and various other places saying shipped from the uk, but the accounts seem to be based on China. So they are all coming from a warehouse of goods. It was something I'd ordered (a potty) rather than unsolicited, but Stine Bridge Utd bore no relation to the name of the rBay shop I'd bought it from.
This was the email I received for my genuinely ordered item:
Quote:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED EMAIL - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO IT.

Please find below the Royal Mail Barcode for a parcel scheduled for delivery to you via the Royal Mail Tracked service.

BarCode : Xxxxxx
Reference : Xxxxxx

Senders details: STONE BRIDGE UNITED LTD.
Unit 10 ExplorerVoyager Parc
Portfield rd
Portsmouth
PO3 5FL
United Kingdom

If you have any queries then please visit http://www.royalmail.com or call 03457 740 740.

You can track this Item from tomorrow by clicking here:
http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails?trackNumber=Xxxx

If you receive an error message when trying to track your item, please try again later in the day as the item may not yet be in the Royal Mail network.

---------------------------------------------------------
Royal Mail.
Registered Office: 100 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0HQ.
Registered In England Company Number 4138203
Did you buy Darwin a potty, too?
Mimi and I are sat next to each other not talking, yes. :D
Apparently all we do is order things from China.
Oh, I know! It's the marble run I ordered!
MaliA wrote:

Mystery no more
Cool story bro. Who's got the film rights?
It was the best of times; it was the blurst of times.
This thread was a bit like a marble run in its sheer thrill factor.
Cras wrote:
This thread was a bit like a marble run in its sheer thrill factor.

Marble runs are awesome
I'm going to order a marble run off eBay now.
Let's all get one and then run a marble through the whole of BEEX-land!
Unboxing livestream.
MaliA wrote:

Was curious as to what you had bought, so looked for "marble runs"

Could really get into these :)

Screw the brightly coloured ones aimed at kids, Level 5 space rail and 14 hours of work to build for me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Level-5-Space ... rkt%3D1%26
I have a space rail. Despite the bold claim on the box it did not, in fact, provide "hours of endless fun" a claim which I would doubt the validity of in any circumstance. It provided 10 mins excite, 40 mins mild interest, 30 mins trying to get others to be impressed by my achievement and finally, 3 mins taking it to bits enough to fit back in the box.
TheVision wrote:
Cool story bro. Who's got the film rights?

Radio 1?
krazywookie wrote:
I have a space rail. Despite the bold claim on the box it did not, in fact, provide "hours of endless fun" a claim which I would doubt the validity of in any circumstance. It provided 10 mins excite, 40 mins mild interest, 30 mins trying to get others to be impressed by my achievement and finally, 3 mins taking it to bits enough to fit back in the box.

Hours of endless fun?
markg wrote:
krazywookie wrote:

Hours of endless fun?

That's what it says
MrChris wrote:
I'm going to order a marble run off eBay now.

Also tempted
Had an email from Stone Bridge United Ltd saying package was on its way. Didn’t have a clue who they were or what this mystery package might be, so did a google search. And what should be the 3rd result on the list? Beex!!!

My package isn’t a marble run though. It’s 50 rubber ducks.
Our online presence grows!
My son was recently given a marble run as a gift from one of the parents in mothers group. It looks quite simple, the components stick to the wall so it's all on one 'plane'. I'm quite looking forward to having a go with it.
I still have no idea who sent me a ukelele before Christmas.
Can you play it yet?
Popcorn maker, five years ago.
Shit, I sent it to you?

Sorry Gaywood, you'll have to ask Craster to forward you the Double Bass.
Zardoz wrote:
Shit, I sent it to you?

:D
Cras wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Shit, I sent it to you?

:D

He really wanted a rusty trombone.
Zardoz wrote:
Shit, I sent it to you?

:)
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ]