Killing Floor 2
Bezzie game de jour
Anyone else done the weekly?
Zardoz wrote:
once I've armoured up
Armour is pretty useless for the 'zerker, chip damage will eat it and you'll be wasting 300 per round. Better to spend the money on getting your meaty weapons a wave earlier (and giving it to the medic so they can get their AR as quickly as possible, hint hint.)
Sir, YES SIR.

I have my Guardian Angel Grim... now :luv:
And mother Lauren
Levelin' up fast!
Cras wrote:
And mother Lauren

Her teats flow for all.
So, Nail gun / no Nail gun?
She nurtures and protects all within her embrace, and in return we honour her with the spilled blood of our enemies.

Until it all goes to shit and it's time to run away in all directions.
Zardoz wrote:

No.
Cras wrote:
She nurtures and protects all within her embrace, and in return we honour her with the spilled blood of our enemies.

Until it all goes to shit and it's time to run away in all directions.

I saw some ammo!
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

No.

Or yes, because funzies
I'll buy it if I have any 'spare' cash then.

Rather than giving it to you.
I've never liked nail gun and have skipped straight to bonecrusher. Eviscerator was fun last night though.
Should be about again tonight for more hill based hoofing.
Also I agree with Gaywood on the armour. It's a luxury only when you have cash no one else can use. As a zerker you'll hit one poisonous zed (either a bloat or a crawler) in the first few ZEDS of a wave and it will burn your armour off but this has no impact on your health loss which is the same.
I'm not playing gunslinger with you lot anymore. You pick the most super annoying places to camp.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Also I agree with Gaywood on the armour. It's a luxury only when you have cash no one else can use. As a zerker you'll hit one poisonous zed (either a bloat or a crawler) in the first few ZEDS of a wave and it will burn your armour off but this has no impact on your health loss which is the same.

Understood.

Right, everyone chuck me their dosh early on (and the Field Medics can have some too) to get the Bone Crusher that I'll stick with then I'll shower you with* loot for the rest of the game!

*very small amounts of
Pundabaya wrote:
I'm not playing gunslinger with you lot anymore. You pick the most super annoying places to camp.

Lauren makes sense to me. Why is that a shite spot for GS?
Zardoz wrote:
Right, everyone chuck me their dosh early on (and the Field Medics can have some too) to get the Bone Crusher that I'll stick with then I'll shower you with* loot for the rest of the game!
I'm not convinced that makes sense. I think the biggest early-wave (like, wave 2/3 of a 7-wave match) dosh priorities for the team are better healing for the medic and something for big zed hunting: ie. upgrades for the sharp, gunslinger, support, or possibly demo.

I was having a much easier time of keeping everyone topped up in the games where I got enough donations to skip straight to the medic AR in wave 3, and I don't need to buy anything other than ammo for the rest of the game at that point. Getting the AR in wave 2 is a stretch though.
Zardoz wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

Ugh. It's just horrible. Elevated position making chaining headshots annoyingly awkward, there is one lane that you can't see anything in because of the flames and explosions and bodies filling that lane. Tight so you can't use your mobility to get out of trouble without falling off. You can fall off, which is bad news. Fleshpounds can punch you off, which hurts really bad. If you fall off you have to get past the zeds in the lane to get back up. You will attract a lot of attention from zeds too.
The carriages restrict sight lines.
No clear escape route when something goes wrong and two fleshpounds and a scrake end up on the hill, and it's too tight to deal with them there.
Yeah, apart from that it's good though.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
I'm not convinced that makes sense. I think the biggest early-wave (like, wave 2/3 of a 7-wave match) dosh priorities for the team are better healing for the medic and something for big zed hunting: ie. upgrades for the sharp, gunslinger, support, or possibly demo.

I was having a much easier time of keeping everyone topped up in the games where I got enough donations to skip straight to the medic AR in wave 3, and I don't need to buy anything other than ammo for the rest of the game at that point. Getting the AR in wave 2 is a stretch though.

I said you could have a bit.
Pundabaya wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

Ugh. It's just horrible. Elevated position making chaining headshots annoyingly awkward, there is one lane that you can't see anything in because of the flames and explosions and bodies filling that lane. Tight so you can't use your mobility to get out of trouble without falling off. You can fall off, which is bad news. Fleshpounds can punch you off, which hurts really bad. If you fall off you have to get past the zeds in the lane to get back up. You will attract a lot of attention from zeds too.
The carriages restrict sight lines.
No clear escape route when something goes wrong and two fleshpounds and a scrake end up on the hill, and it's too tight to deal with them there.

I find the most annoying bit there is when the big ones come and everyone focuses on them and siren comes up and eats up all your health as there's nowhere else to run to.
Popped on late last night but only Pundy around and already in a full game. Had an ok session with fandoms and managed to get my Beserker up to level 10. Pretty good skills unlocked, I want both!
I'm starting to really love the Support perk. And we really should be playing 10 wave Hard matches. Not only because they give good XP, but you start getting multiple spawns of Big Zeds in waves 8-10. At one point the Marlon Randos and I had to deal with 2 scrakes and 2 FPs at once. Valuable skills for Suicidal.
Buh... Double post.

... I do seem to like the generalists of the perks.

Clearing trash satisfaction, then going head to head with the big dudes. It's always a busy day as a Horzine Merc.
Anyone gonna play today?
Love that doorway.
It was spattered in slimy goo once Zardoz had finished.
I'm still enjoying Support. The level 20 skill really makes a difference in the gear level of the team, you see people rocking their tier 4s a wave or two early.
It makes a huge difference
It makes me feel good throwing out the wonga once I've got my Bonecrusher. I need to give the Eviscerator a whirl but I just don't have time, I mean, I bought the Nail Gun a few times and didn't fire it once
Half way up the stairs* was nice too.

* is the stair where I sit
The Eviscerator is fun as a very fun thing. Buzzsaw that cuts through Zeds, and shoots (re-usable) saw blades? And you can still block and parry with it?
I'll give it a go next time.
What's the Support L20 perk?
Even more ammo and hands out armour too
One of the choices is Bigger-ammo-dishing out, isn't it?
Ah! I wondered how I'd managed to get a little armour part way through a wave last night.
I was pretty sure I could get double ammo from pundy last night. Is it double ammo he poops out now?
My 5 ticket bonus item unlock was!
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
A shitty 'Scream' style mask for DJ Scully.
Meant to ask about the Support / Ammo thing, when you dish it out does it deplete your stock? I always run out when I play Support.
I'm just a trigger happy idiot then.
Curiosity wrote:

When pooping out ammo, you give much more (1/3rd of a full loadout rather than just one clip.) You also give 20% armour. As Pundy says, it can really help the team's early game economy, saving cash for mo' weapons mo' quickly.
Curiosity wrote:

Underwire.
Page 8 of 14 [ 670 posts ]