Killing Floor 2
Bezzie game de jour
Cras wrote:
And there's no darts

That's not entirely Grim...'s fault, at that point he only had one medic gun and none of the rank-up buffs to dart recharge rate. On the other hand, he was cackling about poisoning zeds, which is darts he wasn't shooting at you.
So what you're saying is that it's entirely Grim...'s fault?
What on Earth drove Grim... to be a Medic?!
The same funsies that drove Craster to be a beserker.
Grim... wrote:

Can't spell berserker without berk
He should be allowed to wear whatever he likes! It's his religion!
Grim... wrote:

The truly pure role.
Zardoz wrote:
What on Earth drove Grim... to be a Medic?!

Were you there for the 6x beserkers / 6x firebugs / 6x demo games?

That went well.

(It did not, in fact, go well.)
Caught the end of a 6 x berserkers (although I came in as a Support).

Everyone died.
Found a great spot yesterday playing with randos. It's in the level that has some indoors bits but is mostly roads around the outside, and has a subway entrance, complete with ticket gates and some carriages in the next room.

If 4 people sit at the bottom of the stairs, firing up, then one sharpshooter and one other can handle everything coming through the ticket barrier. Once the sharpshooter gets the red dot assault rifle they could possibly hold it by themselves, as it's a massive long corridor and they have to line up. Easily took out a load of spider things, at the same time as two bloaters and two sirens. Was handy to have a demo nearby when the same came with a Scrake though.
You mean Burning Paris?
Pundabaya wrote:
You mean Burning Paris?

I think he means Hostile Grounds, the London one with a subway tunnel, ticket booths, and a few trains. The street part has a bar with pool tables. There's a building with an L-shaped upper floor we often camp, it has stairs at one end and a door at the other.
Oh I got confused between the map with roads and a subway entrance with subway cars that I've played loads and loads of times and the map with the subway entrance and roads I've played once.

In fact, I always end up playing mostly Farmhouse, Burning Paris, Outpost and Zed Landing. Less often, Descent, Volter Mansion and Prison. I've played Catacombs and Hostile Grounds once.
Hostile Grounds is a pretty good map, actually. Dark Forest can die in a fire though.
Grim tries to kill it with fire every time we play. Fails.
Proposal: 6x firebugs. More fire.
Playing with Randos on Hard is hard work.
Think I've been lucky with Randoms, had a few decent sessions so far. Can never get a 'Normal' game though, always have to choose 'Hard'.
Played with random the other night on hard. Managed to best patriarch with him doing only one health refill.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Played with random the other night on hard. Managed to best patriarch with him doing only one health refill.

Played with bobby and riles on hard as everyone level 5 or lower, we didn't get past round 2.
Got 'Quick on the Trigger' cheevo last night. (Kill Patty before he heals). But I was on a random team with a level 25 swat and commando on Hard. I just happened to get the lucky bullet.
In other news, I like the Medic SMG. So there.
...we aren't playing this anymore? :(
I will! Just been busy lately :(
I will be up for some gatting tonight
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I will be up for some gatting tonight

Just say the word and this can be bearing down on you in no time.
I can't believe you travelled to the *future and the only thing you brought back was a photo of myp.

*near
Bobby and I are on
No date yet, dammit, hurry up.
Yay! Those fuckers crouching in certain corners are going to get a surprise!
Also, Skullcracker might actually work!
Downloading the 7odd GB update now. Presumably that's it.
Had a quick go after the update had finally finished downloading. Didn't get a go on the new map, but I like the carnival Zeds. We're giving the weekly challenge a go, right?
Pundabaya wrote:
We're giving the weekly challenge a go, right?

They had a stab before I played last night. It didn't go well, judging by the yelping I heard in party chat as I waited for the update to download. Note that it's forced Sui difficulty...
Pundabaya wrote:

If I can get in :attitude:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

They had a stab before I played last night. It didn't go well, judging by the yelping I heard in party chat as I waited for the update to download. Note that it's forced Sui difficulty...

Well, the B-team was playing...
Fun times. I think I've sorted the mike issue, as I'd got a setting on mad I probably shouldn't
Yeah, it's weird - we could hear you pretty well, but there was regular mad bouts of popping
I'm not wholly sure it wasn't simply you lot being broken in the heads.
It sounded like a bad connection, where it disconnects, reconnects, and makes a loud pop as it does so. Is the wire broken somewhere? It might be popping as you move about.
I did the voice test thing - I think it may have been as I had the "gain" equivalent set to max. I've turned it down so hopefully that should solve the issue. I'm sure you lot will let me know.
Last night's lowlight: being shouted at for not engaging a large zed with 40 health and empty deagles by an annoying Welsh hobbit.
Never step up to the plate with empty deagles.
Pundabaya wrote:
Last night's lowlight: being shouted at for not engaging a large zed with 40 health and empty deagles by an annoying Welsh hobbit.

:D

To my mind if we're in a scenario like we were yesterday where we can't comfortably take out the big zeds because of numbers, everyone should be engaging them once they're raged. You ideally want their attention to be focussed away from the person that's actually going to kill them
Cras wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

:D
I regret nothing. Pundy should regret having empty deagles.

Quote:
To my mind if we're in a scenario like we were yesterday where we can't comfortably take out the big zeds because of numbers, everyone should be engaging them once they're raged. You ideally want their attention to be focussed away from the person that's actually going to kill them
Maybe there's a comms issue? If someone has capacity to take a big zed out, they should call it. If no-one calls it, the whole team needs to focus fire on it, and in particular try and peel it off anyone that it corners. The top floor of the barn isn't ideal for this sort of thing, though, because there's not much room; if a mostly-full-health big zed gets up with us it's going to hurt every time. We sorely missed our 'zerkwall last night I think.
Page 5 of 14 [ 670 posts ]