Killing Floor 2
Bezzie game de jour
Just reminded me of a section last night where I repaired a door in the wooden house, took a step back and saw the walls either side were completely destroyed. :DD
Someone said "hard on".
Cras wrote:
I don't see much point focussing on the doors. Let everything come to the ramp, with a couple of people up top keeping the drop ins from getting in amongst the defenders.

I think the idea of welding doors is to create funnels, not block all entrances. I think if you only weld one door, and then move away from it a bit, less enemies pile up behind it, and it therefore lasts longer.
Zardoz wrote:
Just reminded me of a section last night where I repaired a door in the wooden house, took a step back and saw the walls either side were completely destroyed. :DD

That was fucking ace!
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:
I don't see much point focussing on the doors. Let everything come to the ramp, with a couple of people up top keeping the drop ins from getting in amongst the defenders.

I think the idea of welding doors is to create funnels, not block all entrances. I think if you only weld one door, and then move away from it a bit, less enemies pile up behind it, and it therefore lasts longer.

That's perfectly fine, but I mean on the farmhouse map, the shooters should be aiming at the ramp or keeping the drop-ins occupied, not aiming at the doors.

Also door welds should always be done by demo
Can all classes weld doors?
Zardoz wrote:

Yes, but support gets XP, demolitions can boobytrap doors with explosives. Also only support can repair broken doors.
What was the forest map last night that we hated? The one with the suspended bumpy spanning flat ramp.
Mental note: stay away from healing grenades when the Patriarch is about.
Yeah, that was sneaky!
Hmm, also be used as a lure though.

Shout "LURE BOOOOST".
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
What was the forest map last night that we hated? The one with the suspended bumpy spanning flat ramp.

Black Forest. Lets keep that shit off rotation in future.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Yes, but support gets XP, demolitions can boobytrap doors with explosives. Also only support can repair broken doors.

Not sure how accurate this is - or rather the order of things. I leveled up in support last night due to welding a door closed, so I think you get XP in support class, rather than XP because you are support (although there may be multipliers in effect).
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Should be a piece of cake
Pundabaya wrote:
Mental note: stay away from healing grenades when the Patriarch is about.

I think it was a coincidence, but fuck me, it hurt.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Yes.
Lonewolves wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Should be a piece of cake

Eaux man.
The Patriarch's mortars track 3 random people when fired. If you stand still and you are targeted, you are pretty much dead. Standing in a healing grenade is a bad idea in that situation. Especially if there's multiple people there.
He also killed me with a single punch when I was at almost full health. He's really not nice at all.
Apologies to Wookie for welding him out of the main room we were all in :)
Prohint - you can unweld doors by selecting the welder and using L2.
Should be about later tonight I think.

Really need to sort out the earpiece on my er earpiece. The sound is fine from the bog standard thing thats bundled but the shape is shit for saying in my lug hole.
There's a cabled one on Amazon for about seven quid that's a lot like the old 360 one. It's made by Orb, that's what I have.
MrChris wrote:

:D that was fun! I didn't know about the unwelder obviously. I'll try to be a bit more supportive in my support role next time (tonight probably) but it's very difficult to do if there's blundering going on. If people can hold a ramp; flat, double ended or otherwise then it's far easier to pump them full of bum syringes while they hold back the horde and I'm sure it's easier for people to keep an eye on ammo and concentrate on pressing the re ammo button when the blunder factor is reduced.
Zardoz wrote:
Should be about later tonight I think.

Really need to sort out the earpiece on my er earpiece. The sound is fine from the bog standard thing thats bundled but the shape is shit for saying in my lug hole.

Duct tape and no. 2 fence wire.
I was just going to suggest superglue.
krazywookie wrote:
MrChris wrote:

:D that was fun!

It is though, isn't it? I welded myself in a room on purpose to protest that we were playing on too easy a difficulty. It gets properly exciting.
krazywookie wrote:
it's very difficult to do if there's blundering going on.

There's no blundering going on, that's alternative strategy.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Linky: ORB Wired Chat Headset (PS4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GH7U79Y/ ... szbH7ZKVX0

Cheers, Doc. Ordered.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
it's very difficult to do if there's blundering going on.

There's no blundering going on, that's alternative strategy.

Fake strategy
I'm watching Life - message me when there's a spot. I totally have dibs and shitgun
Shitgun indeed.

Ended up playing a game with ransoms, wasn't too bad really, reached the boss and we all died. Still, more exp and shizz.
I R level 20!

Fire levels went off the chart.
We wuz robbed by that disconnect.
We literally were. You'd just killed the Skrake and everything!
Gunslinger starts getting really fun when you get 'Rack 'em up'
Demo keeps your arse from drowning in zeds, pal

Also demo is a glass cannon. Can dish out an insane amount of damage, especially in a prepared location like the ramps, but holy crap if anything gets close they're terrible, because none of the weapons arm under eight feet. Also without a Wookie there's never enough ammo.
And you're usually in your own blast radius, so medics are somewhat needed.
I do think we should play a map with six demos though
Cras wrote:

In
In (if there's room :attitude: )

Also: Headset is out for delivery!
Cras wrote:

I'd be in, but Riles would forget I'm in the party and not even invite me.
:)

Mr Chris also has questions.
Cras wrote:

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
:)

Mr Chris also has questions.

Grrrrrr.
Last night had everything including betrayal.
"There's a special place in hell reserved for people like you... wait, no there isn't, YOU JUST F*CKING STOLE IT".
Page 3 of 14 [ 670 posts ]