Call of Duty: WWII
Confirmed
https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/ ... ames_2017/

In before Zaphod! Currently a rumour but even if it turns out not to be true that box art is really, really good.
Isn't that just Call of Duty 1-3 and WaW? They'll shoehorn in UAVs somehow.
Just don't care.
Ooooh, I might buy this one if it's true.
Turns out BLOPS2 was my most played COD, with over 200 hours online.
That just reminds me of when the single player campaigns were worth a fuck. World at War was a fucking brilliant game.
Bamba wrote:
That just reminds me of when the single player campaigns were worth a fuck. World at War was a fucking brilliant game.

Lots of people slated WaW, but it was the first modern COD I played and I thought it was superb. I'd happily drop back in for a few hours if I could get a game.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Lots of people slated WaW, but it was the first modern COD I played and I thought it was superb. I'd happily drop back in for a few hours if I could get a game.

I'm surprised to hear that as i thought WaW was generally highly acclaimed.
I'm not sure about "highly acclaimed" but it did put Treyarch on the CoD map.

The single player was pretty good (Kiiiiiipher) with some a couple of great levels; the Zombie map(s) was fun and became a way of life for a certain Beexer; and the multiplayer was more of the same (I always thought it was a little rougher around the edges) - and the last time we got playable vehicles - but hooked the world again until MW2 came and smashed that same world in the fucking face.

The original Beex thread is amusing to see Myp raving about the World at War beta for about 15 pages then the game gets released and he goes back to playing MW. That guy.
Bamba wrote:

Nah, it was dogshit. Especially after MW1.
Yeah, it was awful.
Reveal on the 26th

https://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/

Attachment:
Screenshot 2017-04-21 18.49.19.png

So Call of Duty : 14 - WWII
Livestream not really showing very much , although we do have a Zombie confirmed (so some type of Zombie mode) and a new lobby ...... hmmmm

November 3rd release date - preorder to get Beta access

Holy crap that looks great.
MrChris wrote:
Holy crap that looks great.

Doesn't it just. That could tempt me to buy a PS Pro.
Stupid song though, death has no mercy in any land.
So the Zombies mode is due a trailer later this week at ComicCon but it has leaked early

Link (although it may vanish)

They have also started announcing cast and we have an Ex-Doctor (just not Richtofen)

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/8 ... 1426796544

Quote:
Introducing our first cast member: DAVID TENNANT as Drostan Hynd!
Official Zombies trailer

Not excited at all for this. I don't think I've played Zombies on COD: IW more than 3 times on my own or at all.
Satsuma wrote:
Not excited at all for this. I don't think I've played Zombies on COD: IW more than 3 times on my own or at all.

Remember this is 'the creators of Dead Space' who are making this one - its all per-rendered stuff so far but at least wait till you see what its like :-)

And IW Zombies does not get a lot of love , its not the same level as the Treyarch games - however if you'd like to be shown round (most) of the maps let me know - I'm still finding my way on the Radiactive thing but know the rest pretty well.
Katheryn Winnick is in this.

She is lovely.
Not lovely enough for you to spell her name right, though.
Grim... wrote:
Not lovely enough for you to spell her name right, though.

I honestly don't know what you mean! ;)
£$%^&*£"$%^&*£$%^&*()_$%^&*(
I didn't know you coded in Perl.
zaphod79 wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Remember this is 'the creators of Dead Space' who are making this one - its all per-rendered stuff so far but at least wait till you see what its like :-)

And IW Zombies does not get a lot of love , its not the same level as the Treyarch games - however if you'd like to be shown round (most) of the maps let me know - I'm still finding my way on the Radiactive thing but know the rest pretty well.

You may be entirely unsurprised to learn that I only have one zombies map! If you're around this weekend and aren't sick to death of the starter map, I'll have a couple of goes widcha.
Satsuma wrote:
You may be entirely unsurprised to learn that I only have one zombies map! If you're around this weekend and aren't sick to death of the starter map, I'll have a couple of goes widcha.

I did think you bought at least one of the map packs - i'm actually not around this weekend (or at least not tomorrow I will be back around on Sunday)
Beta on PS4 this weekend - codes to begin with (although they often open it up to everyone at some later point)

Method described here on hotukdeals to grab a demo / trial via the HK PSN store if anyone wants to try :

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/call-o ... nt-2772313

(If you pre-ordered digitally you dont need a code / if you pre-ordered with a retailer they should email you out a code).
Beta is live - if anyone would like to see what it looks like here is ~40 minutes or so of gameplay

Wow, that looks ... entirely unremarkable.
Satsuma wrote:
Wow, that looks ... entirely unremarkable.

Bet you still buy it
Another 40 minutes or so from tonight - shows the 'war' mode which basically feels a lot like Battlefield

If anyone would like to try this I have 2 codes for the PS4 beta version - have a look in the 'free' thread in the members area
Sure I can give it a go, if you've got a code zaph.
nickachu wrote:
Sure I can give it a go, if you've got a code zaph.

I've messaged you the one that no-one said they have taken
Poop. For some reason I thought they'd both been claimed. Ah well, I'm reading some pretty big moans about the multiplayer maps, which is surprising as this is from the peeps who did the awesome Advanced Warfare, init?
It is , and the maps are pretty well put together , are not just 3 funnels , and have real areas for sniping and close up run'n'gun stuff

They may open it up to everyone before the end so you may still have a chance to try it
This gets a new FREE map!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

It’s Shipment from MW1. Y’know, the game that came out 2 years ago with the last CoD game and pretty recently became available to buy seperately.
This sodding game. The in-game cutscenes have this film grain effect over them that disappears when you take control but when it’s time for another in-game cutscene it’s right back on your screen. It’s fucking irritating.

Well, the game itself is a bit irritating but the shooting feels much, much better than BLOPS3 or IW. It’s a shame that Activision are such twats and made them go back to “boots on the ground” rather than Advanced Warfare 2.
Played a bit of the rest:

1) Zombies: it’s more fucking zombies. BUT this time it tells you that there are objectives and let’s you figure them out. For instance, there’s a generator and you have to switch it on. The solution is to follow three wires to three values and turn them. It’s simple and I liked it inherently more than previously outings since they were far too abstract for their own good and didn’t tell you what to do.

2) Erm, I like it loads more than BLOPS and IW. Not least cause I played two matches and went to the top by some margin both times. I’ve yet to muck about with attachments and stuff but it was pretty good from what short time I played. But then I saw some fucker quick scoping me from half way across the map and turned it off. It’s shit.
Satsuma wrote:
It’s shit.

And now Free (*) shit

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/call-o ... up-3471297

(*) free on PS4 if you are a PS+ subscriber
Was the campaign any good? The uk deals link says it has coop, can you coop the main campaign?
I've not played the campaign (I think Advanced Warfare was the last one i tried) and i'm pretty sure you cant co-op the main story but i will check (later tonight)
Page 1 of 1 [ 44 posts ]